Kingdom Hearts

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:13 pm

THANK YOU. I blocked every meteor! istilldiedthough
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:35 am

^
Glad to hear you learned how to evade the move

View Original PostThe Bastard King wrote:Image

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I guess this could also be taken as a joke of why Seperoith the ultimate final fantasy bad ass villain is surrounded by Disney cuteness in Kingdom hearts
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

A key that unlocks death. BD

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:08 am

F*ck, I always wanted to edit this scene together, and send it to AMV Hell.

Meh, guess I'm just too lazy. B/
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:08 pm

I'd love it if you can just unlock people's death.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaminoyouni » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:53 pm

I've been playing threw Re:coded lately myself since a friend gave me his copy since he wasn't playing it. Kinda annoyed on how a lot of the side titles are basically rehashes of the 1st game with a tiny bit of extra story thrown in.

I never had that much trouble with Xehanort even on critical difficulty, what I really want to get though is Bbs:Final mix, as all the final mix titles are always much better, though a shame they never get released outside Japan.

The extra final boss of Bbs:Final Mix iirc is suppose to be Xehanort's armor, called No Heart. Speaking of final mix's, I really enjoyed the Terra boss battle in KH2:FM, although it sucks you never get to use Terra to that extent in BBS, although the Ultima Cannon is pretty damn awesome.
Proud Member of F.A.P.
"A twenty-nine year-old woman having her way with a fourteen year-old boy? This is perversion! This is ephebophilia!"
"Ephebophelia...? This is SHOTA!"

WARNING: Brik is being incredibly awesome

Join the Evageeks discord!

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:29 pm

Aren't the final mix titles dubbed in English, but with Japanese subtitles?
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:35 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:Aren't the final mix titles dubbed in English, but with Japanese subtitles?

Yes, but they have the option of switching to the Japanese dub, and for the new scenes that weren't in the English version, they either have no voices or are only in Japanese.

Sucks to be a foreigner. :sniffle:
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaminoyouni » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:00 pm

View Original Postxanderkh wrote:Yes, but they have the option of switching to the Japanese dub, and for the new scenes that weren't in the English version, they either have no voices or are only in Japanese.

Sucks to be a foreigner. :sniffle:
Actually that's only for theater mode, if had game complete data from the JPN: Re:chain of memories, then you could view all the scenes with Japanese voice overs.
Proud Member of F.A.P.
"A twenty-nine year-old woman having her way with a fourteen year-old boy? This is perversion! This is ephebophilia!"

ONIAgent150
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby ONIAgent150 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:12 am

Spoilers for the end of Dream Drop Distance

SPOILER: Show
Let me preface my comments: I love Kingdom Hearts. I played the first one so much that I consider it a turning point in my life and the game that got me into video games. I cried at the end and played it for years after it was released. I bought the second one on day one and played that one for years as well, unlocking the secret ending and crying again. Then the spinoffs. I didn't follow them because I didn't have the money. I've kept up with the story, but more and more, I realized that Kingdom Hearts wasn't for me anymore. Like Pokemon, it refused to age and mature.

And now this? Sora has failed the mark of mastery, they've given Axel a keyblade, they've resurrected the villains I spent hours defeating, and they have arranged the story so that Sora might never appear in KH again. Pardon me, but that's all FUCKING BULLSHIT. Sora was one of my childhood heroes. I wanted to be like him. He inspired me in a way that no other fictional character ever had. Kingdom Hearts was always his story. And now this? He is gone? Axel has a keyblade because of his magical fan favorite powers? Riku is suddenly the one with the pure heart while Sora is tainted? That's garbage. And I am out. I've waited for KH III for years and now I realize that if it ever comes out, it will be Kingdom Hearts in name only.

tl;dr Kingdom Hearts no longer cares about Sora and has shifted its focus to the fan favorites. A die-hard fan has given up on the property and all future releases.
AVATAR: Zer0 from Borderlands 2.

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaminoyouni » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:27 pm

So, the rumor mill is at it again. This time it is speculated that the Kingdom Hearts Remembrance HD collection will be revealed at E3. And it will include KH 1 & 2 (Hopefully the Final Mix versions) as well as Chain of Memories, 358/2 days (with Graphical update), and Birth by sleep.

Naturally of course this is too good to be true, and many express so, even myself, not to mention they probably couldn't fit all those games onto a single Disc. I would be happy with at least KH 1 & 2 Final Mix finally coming to the US, rather then have all those games bundled together.

Edit: Actually saw some of the extra content for BBS:FM and turns out that there's an extra episode in which you play as Aqua going through the World of darkness, fighting pureblood heartless (Shadows, NeoShadows, and Dark Balls) the end boss is a creature fans call "Hunter of the Dark" a massive Heartless, that to me at least resembles a more powerful version of the Dark Thorn (boss from beast's castle in KH2)

As well it adds reveals a movie that sets the stage for a new installment known a Birth by Sleep Volume II

The Armor of the Master and No Heart, are new battles added to the Mirage Arena, in which you fight the Armors of Eraqus and Xehanort respectively. Eraqus's armor actually has three different super moves he use depend on who you are fighting him as.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:47 am

bump

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaminoyouni » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:04 am

Thanks O.

So, Dream Drop Distance has dropped finally, and so far, its been a real treat. I'm playing on Proud right off the bat so I'll take longer to beat it then most.

I'm liking the Flowmotion system, now it feels all those cool cut-scenes actions can now be done in battle on a whim.

The spirit ally system is a welcome change from having to lug around Donald and Goofy all the damn time, though its gonna be a while yet before I can get the Spirits I really want (Electricorn, Pegaslick and Tyranto Rex)

What do you guy make of the game so far? aside from any plot related elements
Proud Member of F.A.P.

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:52 pm

Umm sorry for reviving this topic but it seems KH is becoming relevant again lately :uhh:

Now to the subject at hand: I finally picked up the 1.5 HD remix and got 2.5 on pre-order. This is my first KH game, I have not played or even touched any games in this series before. I was wondering if any KH loyalists here could help me decide which order should I play the games in? From the little knowledge I have, the best order I can come up with is:

KH
CoM
KH II
KH DDD

As such, I was wondering where re-Coded, 358/2 and BBS fit into it? I hear some games chronologically take place before other titles that came earlier. I believe BBS is a prequel but should be played after 1 and 2? I'm not sure, can someone help me out pls?

On another note, its funny how 2.5 remix has a badass LE in Japan yet fans in NA/EU get a limitted edition that has a pin.... -o-;

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:03 pm

just play the games in release order
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:37 pm

Well, it's finally happened folks!! Kingdom Hearts 3 is on it's way!

And the trailer has high hope for me for what worlds will be in the game, not to mention it looks GORGEOUS to boot!

I'm getting on this HYPE TRAIN!!

"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:22 pm

What a wonderful time for gaming. I spotted the tower from Tangled. Twilight Town looks a lot more detailed, so I wonder how any other returning worlds are going to look. Did anyone catch how big the maps look, particularly when it showed Sora jumping off the cliff?

Hyped. :D
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:55 pm

^

I know right? It's 2005 all over again. :lol:

And I swear to god, THIS guy better be in as a secret boss:

SPOILER: Show

He's the Final Fantasy equivalent of Deadpool. Hell, now that Disney owns Marvel, they can finally pit Gilgamesh and Deadpool together, seeing which 4th-wall breaker is the biggest breaker of them all! :lol:

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:09 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:What a wonderful time for gaming.

Indeed, it seems a new golden age of gaming is upon us.

Just watched the trailer with Eraqus and Xehanort playing chess. I friggin' love Sora's new outfit!
[Redacted]

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:30 pm

Star Wars in Kingdom Hearts!?

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:00 pm

View Original PostIronEvangelion wrote:Just watched the trailer with Eraqus and Xehanort playing chess. I friggin' love Sora's new outfit!

Is it his official new outfit, or is it an outfit tailored to a particular world (like in Halloween Town)? For the majority of the trailer it showed his KH2 outfit, so I wonder.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”