Kingdom Hearts

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:24 pm

I hope in the next game, we will see some worlds based off the Pixar movies like Toy Story, Monster Inc, or The Incredibles.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

scarmullet
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby scarmullet » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:33 pm

I enjoy the KH games, the main series games mostly. I never played Chain of Memories because I could never find it for sale on GBA (remember, My only game source is Wal-mart). I mainly enjoyed it because I grew up with both Final Fantasy and Disney, I was playing Final Fantasy IV and Legend of Zelda when people were still playing Mario Bros and Pokemon, and I still have my Disney CED videodiscs...dont know if they work anymore, but I still have em. Usually when two great things come together it comes out shitty, look at fruit cake. But I found KH 1 fun and addicting, and the stadium events were really challenging and a great place to power level.
Me and my Droogs.
http://www.youtube.com/user/scarmulletpart2
Serindip LLC are Nazis!!!!

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:03 pm

Anyone got Kingdom Hearts Coded yet for the DS? I got it last night and its pretty good so far. The controls take a good time to get used though.

bigbadtyrant
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby bigbadtyrant » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:10 pm

I played the first one but after i finished the whole thing i grew very dissatisfied with the whole Kingdom Hearts games so i didn't even bother with all the others besides the first. And now looking back at it, the first one wasn't really that great either and the disc is probably lost under my bed somewhere. The only thing i really found fun about the whole game was poking things with a big key.
From the shadows i come!!!

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

•      
  •      

Postby C.A.P. » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:37 pm

The serious tone of these games is going to collapse on its' own head one day, I swear.
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:01 pm

I realized I missed these so I downloaded 1 and 2 on my PC. Runs pretty good if I do say so myself.
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:38 pm

I wonder if we will see a world based on the Marvel Cinematic Universe (The Avengers) in a 3rd KH game since Disney owns Marvel now, and The Avengers movie will be distributed by Walt Disney Pictures?

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Allemann » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:50 pm

It would alter the main idea of KH beyond recognizability and destroy the franchise.

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaminoyouni » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:45 pm

It might be destroying itself already. if it wasn't for things that happen in BBS and KH2 that mess with things in the original KH. "There can't be two keyblade masters." and by this point, fucking EVERYBODY can use a keyblade it seems. and constantly addign to the timeline making it more muddled. as it is theres another 3 spin off titles coming out besides recoded/358/BbS coming out before we get Reconnect KH.
Proud Member of F.A.P.
"A twenty-nine year-old woman having her way with a fourteen year-old boy? This is perversion! This is ephebophilia!"
"Ephebophelia...? This is SHOTA!"

WARNING: Brik is being incredibly awesome

Join the Evageeks discord!

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:57 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retcon
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BroadStrokes

Read that, and Kingdom Hearts will make sense unless you're stupid.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:59 pm

If you can follow the time line and understand which game takes place when and where then it makes sense. I took 10 minutes on the Kingdom Hearts Wiki to figure everything out, can't wait for Kingdom Hearts 3D.
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Allemann » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:44 pm

View Original PostKaminoyouni wrote:It might be destroying itself already. if it wasn't for things that happen in BBS and KH2 that mess with things in the original KH. "There can't be two keyblade masters." and by this point, fucking EVERYBODY can use a keyblade it seems. and constantly addign to the timeline making it more muddled. as it is theres another 3 spin off titles coming out besides recoded/358/BbS coming out before we get Reconnect KH.

KH is slowly becoming the Highlander franchise of video games.

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaminoyouni » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:33 pm

@Tehdougnut: I suppose that makes it fine, though it would be nice for some franchises to have their universe's law and rules (and certain events) finalized before proceeding to make multiple installments and changing things and having to resort to saying that newer stuff overrules old stuff. (I'm looking at YOU StarWars)
Last edited by Kaminoyouni on Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Member of F.A.P.
"A twenty-nine year-old woman having her way with a fourteen year-old boy? This is perversion! This is ephebophilia!"

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:36 pm

Tolkien is probably the only author to ever do that. Ever.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaminoyouni » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:22 am

After listening to James Rolfe's interview with AJ LoCascio, I defiantly want Square-Enix to have him be the voice for Jack Sparrow if they have the Pirates series in new Kingdom Hearts installments, as not only does he do an amazing impression of MJF, but his Jack Sparrow is definitely Superior to that of James Arnold Taylor. (whom ironically plays opposite LoCascio as the 1931 Emmet Brown and Tannen characters in Back to the Future: The Game)
Proud Member of F.A.P.

AshPhoenix
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AshPhoenix » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:03 pm

Kaminoyouni wrote:After listening to James Rolfe's interview with AJ LoCascio, I defiantly want Square-Enix to have him be the voice for Jack Sparrow if they have the Pirates series in new Kingdom Hearts installments, as not only does he do an amazing impression of MJF, but his Jack Sparrow is definitely Superior to that of James Arnold Taylor. (whom ironically plays opposite LoCascio as the 1931 Emmet Brown and Tannen characters in Back to the Future: The Game)

I agree. [s]Rolfe[/s] LoCasio is one badass Jack Sparrow.

So, I've got Re:Coded, I'm not planning on getting 3D (not gonna get a 3DS just for one or two games), but am eagerly waiting for KH III.

On 3D:
Okay, I know that it's about
SPOILER: Show
Sora and Riku taking the Keyblade Master Test
, but does anyone have plot details, or why they're still in their KH I clothes?

EDIT: Fixed. I really should check for stupid typos like that...
Last edited by AshPhoenix on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ritsuko: It can't be...an Angel devoured an Eva? That's impossible!
Maya: That's strange. The target's identification signal is turning into Zerogouki's!
~Once again proving...you are what you eat.~

(After adding something sexual to a perfectly normal post) "Fixed." --Apparently everybody on this forum.
It is unnerving to be proven wrong, particularly when you are really right and the person who is really wrong is the one who is proving you wrong and proving himself, wrongly, right. Right?

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaminoyouni » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:19 am

View Original PostAshPhoenix wrote:I agree. Rolfe is one badass Jack Sparrow
What? it's LoCasio I'm talking about, James doesn't do any impressions.
Proud Member of F.A.P.

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:31 pm

I'm interested in the fact that Dream Drop will have completely original Disney worlds. That, combined with the fact that the trailer music is fucking orchestral Destati makes me think that it will be on par with the original.

cd603
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby cd603 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:30 pm

A friend of mine said that if you strip away all the Disney stuff, the story is actually quite depressing...

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:37 pm

View Original Postcd603 wrote:A friend of mine said that if you strip away all the Disney stuff, the story is actually quite depressing...

Quite. Take the original for example: three kids who only want to travel the world end up getting separated by a storm. The girl loses her heart; the big brother figure is consumed by darkness; and our protagonist is left trying to find and save them. In the end, he saves the girl, but is "permanently" separated from her, and his best friend is trapped in the realm of darkness, leaving him to travel between worlds but never quite through them, since the worlds are supposed to have been separated again.

Kingdom Hearts II ruined this depression, though, by giving it a happy ending and coming up with all this loophole crap.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”