New NERV and SEELE logos confirmed

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition").
The third installment debuted in Japan on November 17, 2012.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Ayana-Me
Adam

Re: New NERV and SEELE logos confirmed

•      
  •      

Postby Ayana-Me » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:42 pm

AltaVista Babel Fish wrote:Via the star tent God directs, as we arranged.

Further proof that SEELE needs to expand their marketing budget. They should go with Nokia's slogan "connecting people", cuz that would be damn literal.

Jobhug
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Jobhug » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:05 pm

To the people saying SEELE's logo is too menacing, it's not like they go around showing it to the public and putting logos on their buildings. The only time it really pops up in the original series that i can think of off the top of my head is liliths mask which did not get a public showing. They need a menacing logo so the old men can feel like badasses. I imagine only people who already know SEELE's plans are likely to see it.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New NERV and SEELE logos confirmed

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:31 pm

THE Hal E. Burton 9000 wrote:Just in case you are wondering what that German says, this may be (but probably isn't) the English translation...
AltaVista Babel Fish wrote:Via the star tent God directs, as we arranged.
:?

real translation here:
http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=70644#70644
Paganini's 14th Caprice in Eb Maj - recordings from 2004 -Vinyl collection at Discogs.
I have a haiku,
Okay, Okay, here it is,
damn, I forgot it

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:20 pm

That's amusing.
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Millions Livio
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Millions Livio » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:37 am

I preferred the more simple design of the original logos. I'm happy they kept the base of them, however I'll wait until I see them implemented and how they are used.

jcmoorehead
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:54 am

I was pleasantly surprised by the new logos, I think I along with many thought that when they said they were going to be changed the entire design would be different so it's good to see they kept the basic design but just updated it a bit.

Should be interesting to see how they look in the actual films.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:32 pm

There was some image (a ticket for something??) on AEF (under this topic called Wow) that had the orginal NERV logo over the new one....Personally, I think it looks good that way because it combines the old with the new.

These new logos are alright I guess, I just think it falls into PRS, but whatever. :roll:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:03 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:There was some image (a ticket for something??) on ANF (under this topic called Wow) that had the orginal NERV logo over the new one....Personally, I think it looks good that way because it combines the old with the new.

These new logos are alright I guess, I just think it falls into PRS, but whatever. :roll:

FIXED!

But I reposted them over here: http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=70958#70958
Paganini's 14th Caprice in Eb Maj - recordings from 2004 -Vinyl collection at Discogs.
I have a haiku,
Okay, Okay, here it is,
damn, I forgot it

Typhus
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Typhus » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:33 pm

the logos are fine imo

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:23 pm

Yes, these are the real logos:
http://www.evangelion.co.jp/

@Ornette: thanks for the fix, that is what I meant. ^^;

As long as that fiqleaf is somewhere in the background, I'm happy. I don't see why we need more PRS, but whatever.
In terms of what Newtype USA's February article that talked about the new logos alluded to,
"The new NERV emblem will be a partially eaten Apple, while the SEELE one is composed of an apple and a serpent--a clear reference to Adam and Eve's exile from paradise. Religious symbols played a significant role in the original TV series, and they were responsible for much of the buzz surrounding it. So will the story of the serpent tricking Eve into eating from the tree of knowledge of good and evil tie into the plot somehow? Apparently, we'll just have to wait and see."

It's probably going to be something along the lines of Yui being "tricked" into doing something, while in reality she has the upper hand (Method to her madness and all)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:25 pm

I just had a thought about this, you know how they said that the new eva is going to be simplified somewaht more then the original. Well witht he original logos you had to think about what they meant, with these new ones the religious symbolism is kind of shoved out at us, hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:27 am

I wonder if they going to redo all the logos on the nerv merchandise(paper cups, folders, everything...)in the movie.
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

AuthenticM
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby AuthenticM » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:24 am

I WONDER IF Kaji WILL STILL BE WATERING WATERMELONS???
In my case, I refuse to go easy on the ignorant, regardless of degree. Hitler was ignorant. Joshua C. Whatshisface is ignorant. To me, they're in the same category of ignorant and stupid people who should have been left in some isolated corner of the world where they couldn't bother anyone. --The Eva Monkey

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:39 am

AuthenticM wrote:I WONDER IF Kaji WILL STILL BE WATERING WATERMELONS???

I hope so, that really rounded out his character. But my earlier prediction that the number of Angels will need to be decreased, that scene may not fit into the new narrative.
I have a haiku,
Okay, Okay, here it is,
damn, I forgot it

Coded to the Core
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Coded to the Core » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:54 am

They look very cool , Love them , I just love both The OLD seele logo And The old nerv Logo , *So long to my hand bands with NERV-Seele logo's on them -_-* , Anyway i find seele new logo very deep and much meaningful than the old 7 eyes (Lilith mask) logo , So There are some potential there , Waiting to see how both of them well be used .
I am a lilith .. YAY .. *those jerks* :/ ...

Ayana-Me
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Ayana-Me » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:18 pm

I hope so, that really rounded out his character. But my earlier prediction that the number of Angels will need to be decreased, that scene may not fit into the new narrative.

Go without the second most important Angel battle? We wouldn't even get to see Unit-01 go batshit. I know, they can leave out Iruel. No one will miss that nano-bastard!

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:44 pm

AuthenticM wrote:I WONDER IF Kaji WILL STILL BE WATERING WATERMELONS???
He he, a fellow smart-arse I see...
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:58 pm

Ehe, LOL. Wow.

...Yeah, that's about all I have to say on this subject.

n00dle
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby n00dle » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:44 pm

I liked Iruel, his episode was a nice break in the action. Not to mention it's one of the better representations of hacking I've seen. Not that it was really realistic, but better than some other shows I could mention...also more Ritsuko, which is always a plus in my book.

Anyway, they have 4 movies to fill, so why can't they do all the angels?
Gone away

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:11 am

n00dle wrote:Anyway, they have 4 movies to fill, so why can't they do all the angels?

Because, like, then they'd have to attack in bunches in order for the rest of the narrative to have any cohesiveness whatsoever, and that would really suck, as graphically demonstrated in GOS2.

Also, the last two movies are really just one movie split into two segments.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion”