[LAEM] How would YOU do it?

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

Big Panda
Lilith

How would YOU do it?

Postby Big Panda » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:48 pm

I was thinking... It's useless to say anything about it now, but I sometimes wonder how to do it.
Well, I guess that every Eva-fan thought about it at least once. Sooooooooooooo, just to know what the eva-fans want, T thought of this topic!

Well, since I'm the first poster I guess i'd need to say something.

First of all, AT LEAST THREE MOVIES!

This history, even thought not being a "800-page epic tale", is kinda hard to put in one movie. Why? Well, it has a lot of little puzzle pieces that should be all put in the table in order to understand the history. Or you re-create everything (NOOOOOOOOOO) or you'll do a trilogy. That simple (well... to me... fell free to disagree ^^)

So, since it's a trilogy, you may be able to win in the battle "'Actually been seen' X Fanboys". How? Just don't make the first movie hard to the brainless people, make the second fun but w\ a little of "that magic powder" and if you manage to make a succesful trilogy, just put the all that crap that we love (Well, I DO ^^) in the third.

Well, I guess I just said the obvius... but HEY! At least I'm not a lurker (Not that much ^^)
I guess it's time for a decent sig right? NAHHHHHHHH

Rommel
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Rommel » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:52 am

Well, first of all I would come up with an ending.

Sunny Corleone said it best, "I want someone good--real good--to plant that gun. I don't want my brother coming out of that bathroom with nothing but his d**k in his hands."

That pretty much sums up Eva's ending. Like we were supposed to get this kick ass gun to mow down some mobsters but all we got ... well, you get the idea.

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:55 pm

Personally I would get the rights to it then sit on the project until Anno had finished with Webuild. Then I would continue to sit on the project and flick everyone off who wants to work on it until Anno agrees to direct it. And if Anno never wants to then... oh well, it's better off not being made.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Soljer13
Banned

Postby Soljer13 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:54 pm

I Wouldnt make a live action NGE movie at all...unless michael bay and spielberg and the dude from LOTR did it.
PURGE! CLEANSE! KILL! FOR THE EMPEROR!

Big Panda
Lilith

Postby Big Panda » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:14 pm

You tottaly didin't get the idea...... =(

Well, IF all those things happen........................

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:45 pm

soljerameelguy wrote:I Wouldnt make a live action NGE movie at all...unless michael bay and spielberg and the dude from LOTR did it.

It sounds like you want the movie to be a piece of shit.

Here's how I would do it (taken from another thread):

BrikHaus wrote:I hope that Rebuild is 16 hours long and they don't omit or change anything so it will remain completely faithful and identical to the original. The live action movie should do the same thing.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Soljer13
Banned

Postby Soljer13 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:04 pm

BrikHaus81 wrote:
soljerameelguy wrote:I Wouldnt make a live action NGE movie at all...unless michael bay and spielberg and the dude from LOTR did it.

It sounds like you want the movie to be a piece of shit.

Here's how I would do it (taken from another thread):

BrikHaus wrote:I hope that Rebuild is 16 hours long and they don't omit or change anything so it will remain completely faithful and identical to the original. The live action movie should do the same thing.

Yes it should be a piece a shit. To teach people a lesson that some things shouldnt be made into movies
PURGE! CLEANSE! KILL! FOR THE EMPEROR!

Executor
Banned

Postby Executor » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:17 pm

Rommel wrote:Well, first of all I would come up with an ending.

Sunny Corleone said it best, "I want someone good--real good--to plant that gun. I don't want my brother coming out of that bathroom with nothing but his d**k in his hands."

That pretty much sums up Eva's ending. Like we were supposed to get this kick ass gun to mow down some mobsters but all we got ... well, you get the idea.

OFT.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:31 am

...I still can't get over how big a panda that is....

How would I do it? Easy. First I'd tell the studio we couldn't use an actress to play Rei, we'd need the real thing! So I'd go out to find the best scientists in the world and we'd direct all attention away from curing cancer, AIDS, Bush's stupidity, and focus it instead on making a Live Action Rei.
After about 2 years we'll have the correct missing ingredient to make a Rei is the blood of 1000 virgins. That would be easy enough, I'd fly to a local Comic-con and go around ensaring the young otaku's walking around and drain their blood and store it in my coat pockets.
After compiling all the ingredients we'd add to the super sauce and I'd secretly type into the computer for Rei to be 19 (not 14) and BOOM- Rei would be born.
Next we'd make her do the Ludovico Technique from "A Clockwork Orange". We'd strap her down and hold her eyes open as we make her watch ALL Rei scenes in EVA over and over and over again.
Thus Rei will be Reilized.
And then I'd sneak her away one night and we'd go off to live happily ever after. Having abonded the Eva movie and spent billins of dollars on Reiduction the studio would be bankrupt and we'd never have to see a shitty Hollywood Eva ever

Big Panda
Lilith

Postby Big Panda » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:19 pm

That...huh... would be nice... :roll:

BTW, I'm truly big.
In fact, my nickname is usally "Pandão", and since english dosn't have superlative (at least a "one-word" one) I had to put it this way, wich seems wierd.

Huh... what was the topic anyways? AH!
Well, I gotta tell you the truth, I HATE being lurker.
So, the topic itself doesn't have a real use, its just a way of saying "HEY! I'M HERE!"... You may learn how to ignore that after a while.

Huh.... Did I just ranted? DAMN!

Back to the topic (for real this time)
Huh, something that could be useful would be making the S/A reletionship quite more obvius, so they could get more people to watch, and so when Asuka gives her last show, that could touch the people hearts (OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH)

Well, I'm seeing this movie just as a way to make people get in contact with this marvelous history (and it's sights of humanity), soooooooooo the plot itself is not a important thing.

I guess I'd forgive some atrocites to fans just so a whole lot of people whould be able to watch it as passionate(Probaly mispelled) as I did.

Huh....
I just wrote a bible here right? Why can't I just be able to write less?!?!?!?!?:
OOOOOHHHHHH GOD!

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:17 pm

Gendo'sPapa wrote:MAD COMBOS OF WORDS AND PHRASES
Whatever controlled substance you were on while writing that li'l manifesto, please tell me so I can avoid it at all costs.
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:54 pm

When writing that I was heavily using my own bodies endorphine and....such. Not very good at science.

Basically that was all one large brain fart. What can I say? I'm a beginning artist.

My current girlfriend is probably weirder than me though cause she finds my obsession with Rei to be more cute than what it is- unhealthy.

Anywho. As for a live action. I know exactly how I'd shoot it visually but I'd rather hope the film never happens so theres no point in me thinking about it. Right now my creative taco is being poured all into my other work.
Biggest problem doing a live action EVA is the cast. People bitch about the cast being all Westernized and while I love Asian actors, pardon me for saying it but no one in the EVA cast actually LOOKS Japanese. That's kind've one of hte huge problems with anime itself is it only enforces how odd the Japanese mindset is. On the one hand their very insular and culturally focused but on the other hand their popular media is just....nationally conflicted.
The only Japanese animator to me who actually seems to have his work visually feature real Japanese looking people is Satoshi Kon.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:07 pm

Alrighty then. =~) Since that has been cleared up, back on topic...
I would desire at least a duology; but, I would prefer a trilogy. It is possible to pull off Eva in about two hours but only the basic story line and only from Shinji's PoV would be there. Anything other product could not have the word "Evangelion" in the title and expect the die-hard fans to catch it only on cable, if ever that. Most of my other comments on this subject can be found here (kind of surprised this thread hasn't been merged or redirected yet).

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Ironfoot
Armisael
Armisael

Postby Ironfoot » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:46 pm

-Trilogy. Would be hard to work with otherwise.

-The movie would be based for the international audience instead of being so Japanese centric.

-Pilots will come from specific countries, mostly because Shinji, or "Shawn," would have to be American, or the movie would fail. Unit 01 is created in America, Unit 00 in Japan (originally a prototype), Unit 02 in Germany.

Those are the basic points. The main thing though, is to Americanize it (although not in a American-centric viewpoint) to the greatest extent you can go, and to also remember to include comedy throughout the movie. This last part is especially vital.

All part of the Evangelion Prime script. I should really write that out one day.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:45 pm

i think it should b more than one movie, because they couldnt possibly fit all the good stuff into the one movie.
if they did then episodes 4-15 would probably be a bunch of short 15 min. clips and all the other episodes would be like 5 min. long each.
i agree with making a trilogy, that might capture the whole meaning of the series.
1st in the trilogy; ep 1-13
2nd; 13-23
and the final would b ep 24 and 25
this way they could get al the small secrets in, they could probably add their own stuff in it (only if its good) and keep the story clear.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

ThroneofDravaris
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby ThroneofDravaris » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:04 am

Raise $400 Million. Spend $200 million making the movies and the other $200 million resurrecting Stanley Kubrick.
BEWAREOBLIVIONISATHAND

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Postby slothen » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:09 am

b isn't a word.
Last edited by slothen on Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

Postby master0rolando » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:09 am

oh sheesh sloth...Sachiels post was more legible than some of the other ones ive seen around here...

anyhow...i thought they already had decided it was going to be trilogy

V
Banned

Postby V » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:34 am

at least 3, possibly 4 movies, but lets say 3, and each well over 2 hours long

Movie 1 - Should end with the Israfel fight with Eva 01 and 02

Introducing Asuka in movie 2 would be too late.

Movie 2 - Bardiel/Eva 03, Zeruel, Arael, Armisael

Movie 3 - basically episode 24 plus End of Evangelion

I seriously think they can only tell it in 4 movies.

Basically, in that case, Movie 1 would end with Ramiel and the closing shot will be the approach of Gaghiel. Movie 2 would then focus on Asuka and the Action arc, allowing actual character development. Again, Movie 3 is pretty much Eva 03, Zeruel, Arael, Armisael, and "End of Eva" is the animated End of Eva with Kaworu included to all of that is self-contained.
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:12 am

ThroneofDravaris wrote:Raise $400 Million. Spend $200 million making the movies and the other $200 million resurrecting Stanley Kubrick.
Nice fantasy. IMO, however, I fear he would have butchered it up like he did with The Shining and a few other adaptions I am certain others will be sure to mention.

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”