Wevangeliwon aims for G rating?! (APRIL FOOLS JOKE)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition").
The third installment debuted in Japan on November 17, 2012.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma
User avatar
Posts: 6301
Joined: Feb 11, 2006
Location: Attending Physician - AKA: Hell
Contact:

Postby BrikHaus » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:55 pm

TriLink12 wrote:
So yeah, in before "April Fools lol" revelation.

I dunno...

SURELY, if this was a joke, NAveryW could of come up with something that would enrage us far more than this. In my case, a confirmation of Fem-Kaworu would have done the trick.


But the fact that this is something that could be possible (unlike Fem-Kaworu) is what makes it a great April Fool's Joke.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos
User avatar
Posts: 4431
Joined: Jul 21, 2006
Location: Mother Base, Mitakihara Waters
Gender: Male

Postby BobBQ » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:52 pm

BrikHaus81 wrote:But the fact that this is something that could be possible (unlike Fem-Kaworu) is what makes it a great April Fool's Joke.

You take that back!

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma
Posts: 23058
Joined: Aug 21, 2004
Location: Lost in Bat Country
Gender: Female
Contact:

Postby Reichu » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:41 pm

BrikHaus81 wrote:But the fact that this is something that could be possible (unlike Fem-Kaworu) is what makes it a great April Fool's Joke.

Webuild is supposed to defy the audience's expectations for NGE. And they're supposed to be doing something "shocking" with Kaworu. And gender-bending is really "in" right now, I hear. Two birds with one stone.

Anno:

"The truth of the matter is, those yaoi fangirls always annoyed the living hell out of me. I figured this provided a great opportunity to give them all what they rightfully deserved."

Interviewer:

"And instead, the fan community latched onto the concept, to the point that the 'girl with boy-like body' theme is now massively popular in H-doujinshi. Dickgirl fans are viewing it as a threat, in fact."

Anno:
"I hadn't noticed."

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?
User avatar
Age: 33
Posts: 22761
Joined: Aug 13, 2006
Location: Living in Houston, TX
Gender: Female
Contact:

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:32 pm

Reichu wrote:
Anno:
"The truth of the matter is, those yaoi fangirls always annoyed the living hell out of me. I figured this provided a great opportunity to give them all what they rightfully deserved."
Interviewer:
"And instead, the fan community latched onto the concept, to the point that the 'girl with boy-like body' theme is now massively popular in H-doujinshi. Dickgirl fans are viewing it as a threat, in fact."

Anno:
"I hadn't noticed."


New favorite quote. ^_^

I, too, say this is an April Fool's joke. (Well played indeed! "You couldn't fool your mother on the foolingst of all days if you had an electerified fooling machine!")

In terms of Eva and ratings, because there rating system is different (REAL Sailormoon in Japan=meant for girls, REAL Sailormoon in US and A=13+) from the states, did Eva (series AND movies) end up having the same "rating" despite EoE more mature content? (15+??? wild guess)
My gut tells me "yup!" but because "I dunno, lol..." can't really say...
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Posts: 1116
Joined: Nov 19, 2006
Location: Under the Crimson Air

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:03 pm

Sol Badguy is NOT AMUSED.

Image
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

The Eva Monkey
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
User avatar
Posts: 8947
Joined: Jun 14, 2004
Location: The Evanets.
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:32 pm

I am so very unhappy right now. Not even my new avatar can help.
Webmaster, EvaMonkey.com; Co-founder, EvaGeeks.org; Moderator, r/evangelion.

Follow me on Social Media! [YouTube] [Twitter] [Facebook] [Tumblr] [Twitch]

The Goose
Matarael
Matarael
Posts: 570
Joined: Dec 03, 2006
Gender: Male

Postby The Goose » Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:38 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:I am so very unhappy right now. Not even my new avatar can help.


Because of this fake news? If theres no link to where the news came from and no website known as, "Anime News World," then its a hoax. Get up and see the truth.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?
User avatar
Age: 33
Posts: 22761
Joined: Aug 13, 2006
Location: Living in Houston, TX
Gender: Female
Contact:

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:39 pm

:lol: Hehe, nice one, Evamonkey.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth
User avatar
Age: 32
Posts: 2558
Joined: Sep 12, 2006
Location: Indianapolis
Gender: Male

Postby slothen » Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:40 pm

Reichu wrote:Interviewer:[/b]
"And instead, the fan community latched onto the concept, to the point that the 'girl with boy-like body' theme is now massively popular in H-doujinshi. Dickgirl fans are viewing it as a threat, in fact."


First of all, the word "dickgirl" was used in an interview? Hell thats better than the Brazillian Prime Minister making a joke to President Bush about the G-spot.

second of all, Homer Simpson is amazing.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

The Eva Monkey
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
User avatar
Posts: 8947
Joined: Jun 14, 2004
Location: The Evanets.
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:13 pm

The Goose wrote:
The Eva Monkey wrote:I am so very unhappy right now. Not even my new avatar can help.


Because of this fake news? If theres no link to where the news came from and no website known as, "Anime News World," then its a hoax. Get up and see the truth.

I'm unhappy because of April Fools nonsense. Duh.
Webmaster, EvaMonkey.com; Co-founder, EvaGeeks.org; Moderator, r/evangelion.

Follow me on Social Media! [YouTube] [Twitter] [Facebook] [Tumblr] [Twitch]

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma
Posts: 23058
Joined: Aug 21, 2004
Location: Lost in Bat Country
Gender: Female
Contact:

Postby Reichu » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:15 pm

slothen wrote:First of all, the word "dickgirl" was used in an interview?

What interview? Image

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris
User avatar
Posts: 994
Joined: Feb 19, 2007
Location: Texas
Contact:

Postby Opteron-O3 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:16 pm

Well if it is true, much can still be explained in a form only the older audience would understand, double meanings. I guess the whole psychological "mind fuck" could still be enforced but for an 8 year old????

As Burton said, I won't comment further until confirmed.
"The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth"
"The need is the justification, there are no other factors to consider."- Gendo Ikari

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/willaym
Website to my NGE Essay: http://opteron-o3.angelfire.com/index.html

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth
User avatar
Age: 32
Posts: 2558
Joined: Sep 12, 2006
Location: Indianapolis
Gender: Male

Postby slothen » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:03 pm

Reichu wrote:
slothen wrote:First of all, the word "dickgirl" was used in an interview?

What interview? Image



from whatever you posted right here. that "interviewer."
http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=69018#69018
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Big Panda
Lilith
User avatar
Posts: 141
Joined: Dec 18, 2006
Location: Brazil, thats all you nee

Postby Big Panda » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:41 pm

slothen wrote:
Reichu wrote:Interviewer:[/b]
"And instead, the fan community latched onto the concept, to the point that the 'girl with boy-like body' theme is now massively popular in H-doujinshi. Dickgirl fans are viewing it as a threat, in fact."


First of all, the word "dickgirl" was used in an interview? Hell thats better than the Brazillian Prime Minister making a joke to President Bush about the G-spot.

second of all, Homer Simpson is amazing.


Ok... now i'm feeling a little clueless....
I guess it's time for a decent sig right? NAHHHHHHHH

Gendo'sPapa
God
God
User avatar
Posts: 4643
Joined: Oct 24, 2006
Location: Everywhere
Gender: Male

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:48 pm

Thats a big panda......



-and what would Eva be like with more dickgirls.....shudder.....I know Anno would have a field day on that one.

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma
Posts: 23058
Joined: Aug 21, 2004
Location: Lost in Bat Country
Gender: Female
Contact:

Postby Reichu » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:53 pm

Reichu wonders if her satirical "interview" excerpt has been "misinterpreted" somehow.

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth
User avatar
Age: 32
Posts: 2558
Joined: Sep 12, 2006
Location: Indianapolis
Gender: Male

Postby slothen » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:03 pm

Well, thats what I deserve for scanning your post while alt tabbed out of a warcraft 3 game. Yeah, I totally just read it literally.

"We're moving on solid ground to find a chance for the so-called G-point."
from NPR [url]http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=8888810[/url]
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician
User avatar
Age: 28
Posts: 5063
Joined: Dec 21, 2006

Postby NAveryW » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:06 pm

Now that April Fools is (almost) over, I'm going to come out and say that this is a joke. Hence Anime News World being nonexistent. Why'd I go this route instead of fem-Kaworu?

It's because I actually had a dream a while back in which it was ANNOunced that the first movie got a G rating. I remember that upsetting me in the dream, and I was curious as to how others would react, if indeed anyone fell for it. I apologize for scaring some of you.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

corintium
Embryo
User avatar
Posts: 20
Joined: Sep 14, 2006

Postby corintium » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:10 pm

NAveryW wrote:Now that April Fools is (almost) over, I'm going to come out and say that this is a joke. Hence Anime News World being nonexistent. Why'd I go this route instead of fem-Kaworu?

It's because I actually had a dream a while back in which it was ANNOunced that the first movie got a G rating. I remember that upsetting me in the dream, and I was curious as to how others would react, if indeed anyone fell for it. I apologize for scaring some of you.


That was ANNOying as hell, but it is a dreaded possibility.

TriLink
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Posts: 1294
Joined: Aug 02, 2006
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

Postby TriLink » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:13 pm

NAveryW wrote: I apologize for scaring some of you.

FALSE ALARM BOYS! MOVE OUT! god i hate this holiday...
ImageImage
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA


Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests