Star Wars

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Executor
Banned

Star Wars

Postby Executor » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:22 pm

Yeah, you read right, post the ships you like and your feeling on star wars.:) >_>

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby TriLink » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:38 pm

Well...I've never been one of those Super Star Wars Nerds, so I don't know enough about the ships to make a pick other than the X-Wing.

So X-Wing it is then.

As for my thoughts on Star Wars, what can I say? Like most people out there, I loved the original trilogy, with TESB as my favorite one. And then George Lucas took a shit on the collective Star Wars community and released the prequels.

They had some good qualities to them for sure, but for the most part they were quite horrible. So much so that I didn't even bother buying Episode 3, something I wouldn't have even imagined doing Pre-Release. Like most fans out there, I thought it was my sworn duty to purchase whatever crap Lucas put out. And then I saw them, and realized I wasn't George's consumer whore after all.

@BTW- Remember in Episode 2 when Natalie Portman had the bottom part of her top clawed off by some Lion-like thing in that arena? Did anyone else lol in the theater when they saw that, or am I the only one?
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Postby slothen » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:50 pm

yeah, i noticed, it was like... blatant.

much love for a-wings and b-wings, but the most fun ever was the Missile boat from TIE fighter. dodged missiles and ate TIE Defenders for breakfast. You could take down a whole goddamn cruiser all by yourself.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Fearthebait
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby Fearthebait » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:18 pm

Star Wars is my all-time favorite movie EVER. I just loved all the Star Wars games, especially Rogue Squadron because I got to play my favorite ship, the A-Wing.
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Postby slothen » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:22 pm

rogue squadron was poop.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:52 am

I saw the first film 20+ times when it came out; the second one twice, the third once. As the company I was working for at the time was in limbo and bits being acquired as an MBO, we all went to see the 20th anniversary versions when they were screened, and spent the time pointing out what had changed. I saw the first trailer for the 4th film and thought OK; saw the 2nd trailer and thought, No, no way, not ever.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:50 am

Oh fuck. FUCK. OW. OWW.

I'll be back later with a thousand word rant about how George Lucas should die in a fire and how Star Wars is the absolute biggest bunch of garbage in the history of film making.

Suffice it to say that I want to become a film professor for the sole purpose of developping a course in how to be a better director than George Lucas by analyzing every stupid fucking thing he's done in his career.

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:06 am

When I was young I really liked Star Wars and I remember watching ROTJ at a drive in several times. But then when he started to redo them and I began to lose interest. I basically had to get dragged to the theaters by my brother in law to watch the prequels and I didn't really like any of them. Now days I would much rather The Man With No Name (Clint Eastwoods western movies) triology than Star Wars.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Fearthebait
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby Fearthebait » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:07 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:Oh fuck. FUCK. OW. OWW.

I'll be back later with a thousand word rant about how George Lucas should die in a fire and how Star Wars is the absolute biggest bunch of garbage in the history of film making.

Suffice it to say that I want to become a film professor for the sole purpose of developing a course in how to be a better director than George Lucas by analyzing every stupid fucking thing he's done in his career.

You do know episode 4 is the number 3 best selling movie of all time right? unless the list has been updated, I'll have to check.

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Postby slothen » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:23 pm

I really liked the entire series, minus Jar Jar, minus little kid Anakin, minus in-love Anakin and his hammy dialogue, minus in-love Padme and her hammy dialogue. Minus General grievous being a crappy pointless character.

plus, even if you don't like lucas, its spawned some wicked awesome video games.

MAL Profile

Fearthebait
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby Fearthebait » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:34 pm

General Grievous was my favorite character, but how they played him up in The Clone Wars mini series made it a huge disappointment when he died so fast.

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Postby slothen » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:59 pm

Fearthebait wrote:General Grievous was my favorite character, but how they played him up in The Clone Wars mini series made it a huge disappointment when he died so fast.

i felt the same way, but he was pretty unnecessary and pointless as a character.

MAL Profile

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:56 pm

Fearthebait wrote:You do know episode 4 is the number 3 best selling movie of all time right? unless the list has been updated, I'll have to check.

I'm aware that in all the thousands of feature length films to date, the entire Star Wars hexology occupys various spots in the top 25 domestic/worldwide grossing films of all time. But you should never ever measure quality by financial success.

Maverick
Lilith

Postby Maverick » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:10 pm

So much... hate... that's not... healthy... :roll:

Well, I like star wars. Got into it after playing the Knights of Old Republic and Jedi Knight games. The films are nice by the way. I like visual effects ;)
Boo!

Fearthebait
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby Fearthebait » Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:47 pm

Although financial success is'nt the best way, it is a good way to measure by its appeal to the masses.

Katayoku no Tenshi
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Katayoku no Tenshi » Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:50 pm

Suffice it to say that I want to become a film professor for the sole purpose of developping a course in how to be a better director than George Lucas by analyzing every stupid fucking thing he's done in his career.

You could . . . not make a film that would probably be better (than the prequals.) I havent watched the first three in years and had no standards when I was younger so 'no comment'.

You do know episode 4 is the number 3 best selling movie of all time right? unless the list has been updated, I'll have to check.

Comic-book Guy in the Staw Wars parody bit of... some episode of the Simpsons wrote:Worst Cosmic Wars ever. I will only see four more times. Today.
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Executor
Banned

Postby Executor » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:31 pm

I will be the first to point out that (IMO) the best out of the whle Star Wars saga.. werent even directed by Lucas(Irvin Kershiner Directed Empire Strikes Back. With the EXecutor :D . Dont know who directed Return of the Jedi.)
And while the Prequals were mostly shite, ROtS had some good moments to it.(The Space battle, and the Last dual between Anakin and Obi-Wan.) And yes, Eva Monkey, we KNOW George Lucas aint so great. Hell, even Harrison Ford testified to that.

Executor
Banned

Postby Executor » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:33 pm

slothen wrote:I really liked the entire series, minus Jar Jar, minus little kid Anakin, minus in-love Anakin and his hammy dialogue, minus in-love Padme and her hammy dialogue. Minus General grievous being a crappy pointless character.

plus, even if you don't like lucas, its spawned some wicked awesome video games.

Thou shalt not metaent Episode 1, or something bad will happen :twisted:

Katayoku no Tenshi
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Katayoku no Tenshi » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:51 pm

Executor wrote:
slothen wrote:I really liked the entire series, minus Jar Jar, minus little kid Anakin, minus in-love Anakin and his hammy dialogue, minus in-love Padme and her hammy dialogue. Minus General grievous being a crappy pointless character.

Thou shalt not metaent Episode 1, or something bad will happen :twisted:

Mutate?
Mentadent?

Help us out here
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Postby slothen » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:06 pm

im lost

MAL Profile

Return to “Film and Video”