Places you most want to visit?

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Places you most want to visit?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:36 pm

If this thread already exisits, please point me to it.

My 3 in no real order:

Polska (extended family and all), England (wheather it's because of the Beatles, Monty Python or Britcoms, God only knows. All I know is I wanna go. Is it true that the food really is bland there? :() and Japan (anime and because of the fact I fell in love with the culture through anime. :) Although with how the goverment acts on certian things.... *cough* Not aplogizing for their wrongdoings in WW2... Hell, if Germany did, Japan should, too. THAT, to me, shows true honor. NOT denying your mistakes, but admitting them and moving on!)

Anywho, how about the rest of you? :D
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Maverick
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Maverick » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:47 pm

Germany ( I know a bit of german... did a three year course) mainly for the beers :D maybe also the United Kingdom...

And Japan of course!!! I just love Japanese food :D

Ah, and I want to travel to the rest of Brazil's east coast. I still haven't visited all the famous beaches. The problem is that every december I travel to Barra de São Miguel in the state of Alagoas. The place is just too damn nice to let me try other beaches :P
http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barra_de_S%C3%A3o_Miguel_%28Alagoas%29
Boo!

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Re: Places you most want to visit?

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:52 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:England...Is it true that the food really is bland there?

No, not true. It's just like any place else in the world. It depends what type of food you want to eat, and how much money you want to spend. In England you can get any type of food, much of it delicious. And even the more traditional fare can be good if you are willing to spend more money on it. Hell, sometimes it can be good and cheap...like the kababs while very, very drunk :wink:
Last edited by BrikHaus on Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:52 pm

Japan, even if it isn't perfect.

Oberndorf am Neckar in Germany, where the H&K plant is.

Leeds, West Yorkshire, England, site of the Royal Armory museum.

Apart from those, I have no strong interest in traveling.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:31 pm

I've been to enough places that I've come to realise the truth that wherever you go, there you are.

Places I'd like to do -- space, Mars, another habitable planet.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics|G+|MAL
Avatar: Amamiya Manami (b. 30-Aug-2018)

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:03 pm

1. Alaska. For fishing and just to explore and watch the wildlife. I have been wanting to go up there since I was a little kid.

2. The BWCA. I have been here many times actually but I want to go again. I just really like it there. The whole idea of a technology free place appeals to me.

3. Hawaii. I am going there in a couple months. It should be pretty fun.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

TriLink
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:58 pm

Places I want to visit huh? Lets see...

1. Oklahoma- I lived there for 5 years and haven't been back in 10, so it would be nice to drop by and see the old hell hole again.

2. Hawaii- Chicks dig the ocean...and volcanoes (Hunter your one lucky bastard!)

3. Japan- I hate to sound like I'm riping off everyone else's pick, but we're all anime fans. Who DOSEN'T want to go to Japan.
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:58 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:I've been to enough places that I've come to realise the truth that wherever you go, there you are.

Places I'd like to do -- space, Mars, another habitable planet.

I thought you'd at least reply to my question about the food!

Mars, huh? People in RL been pissing you off that much? :(

I think there was some state (No, not Cali or NY :P Or PA or NJ since I've gone shopping there before/gone to this...beach...place in NJ. Actually, that beach town WAS nice, I just can't recall the name! >_<) in particular I wanted to visit that I can't think of. Oh well, whatever, can't remember. I also want to visit CA-NA-DA, maybe Prince Edward Island (shame I never got to visit there while I lived on that side of the coast!) and Nigara Falls for the second time. *shrugs* Mexico or some place in Latin/South America would be nice, too. Maybe Germany or France as well. *shrugs*

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:19 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:I thought you'd at least reply to my question about the food!

Well, BrikHaus81 gave a fair answer.

Things have become a lot better over my lifetime. Rationing as a left-over from the war only ended a couple of years before I was born, and at that point food was dire -- things I remember from my early childhood were that mushrooms were a seasonal treat, yoghurt was an exotic novelty and boiling was the standard method of cooking.

That reputation lingers -- many people of my parents generation still haven't moved with the times -- but is really a thing of the past.

Things that might be considered especially English cooking (and discounting things that fell out of the repertoire 200-odd years ago) aren't terribly strongly spiced, so might be considered bland by that measure -- but food is now pretty cosmopolitan.

If you do get to visit the UK, I'd be glad to give you bit of a culinary tour.

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Mars, huh? People in RL been pissing you off that much? :(

Not really -- more than I can't think of any place on this planet that I want to go to that I haven't already been. Travelling outside the First World doesn't grab me -- tried it once, didn't like it.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics|G+|MAL
Avatar: Amamiya Manami (b. 30-Aug-2018)

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:21 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:If you do get to visit the UK, I'd be glad to give you bit of a culinary tour.

a...arigatou. :oops: (You're so nice to say that!)

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:38 pm

But would you guys use your real names? As far back as my monthly user's meetings for the BBS I ran in the 80's and as recent as the gathering in Amsterdam for my Everquest guild, we never used our real names, and even if we did, everyone forgot them anyways.

As far as places to visit. I'm more or less in the same position as Mr. Tines. My passport is almost full of stamps and I don't have any drive to go visit somewhere just to be there. It would require a more tangible purpose, like, going to watch an F1 gran prix. I was going to go to Germany this year because I've never seen the gran prix in Nurberg and I also have friends in Berlin, but I don't know if I'll get my shit together in time to buy the race tickets. Other than Germany, there's a few other countries I have yet to see an F1 Gran Prix at:
Malaysia - possible 2008 outing, as this year the race is in 2 weeks
Australia
Brazil - Although I hear the area around the trace in San Paulo is not a very nice place
Spain
Turkey
Bahrain
Hungary
Belgium

I don't have any friends in those countries, so a visit would probably entail a few nights drinking, qualifying, race, drinking some more, then going home. Not a typical vacation type of outing. I'm also in France pretty regularly, as it's the source of my favorite wine and favorite food, and I know quite a few people who live there.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:03 pm

I might use my online handle just because I like it so much. XD

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:10 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:I also want to visit CA-NA-DA, maybe Prince Edward Island.

If you ever pass through Sackville between the beginning of September and the middle of April, drop me a line.

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

•      
  •      

Postby Omegagouki » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:21 pm

Being someone who has not really been outside his hometown much except for a few occasions, there are a lot of places I'd like to visit someday. XD

The USA: Yes, I'm a US resident, but since I've only been as far out as Arizona, which is to the west of my state, I'd really like to see a lot more of my home country. Some of my main target places are: Los Angeles (my older sister lives there, and I haven't seen her in person in years), Baltimore (for Otakon, baby!), DC (the nation's capitol), and New York (so much to see and do there!).

Japan: How could I not? It's got such an interesting culture. The fact it's the home of anime is only a small reason (but a reason nonetheless) for going there, for me. So much to see, so much to do, so much to experience!

Australia: Because I've always wanted to see the world down under. It just sounds so interesting and unique to see.

Those are my main three.
PSN/Steam: Zentillion | Tum8lr
8luh 8luh
Sill (and always) promoting Homestuck

CyborgZeta
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby CyborgZeta » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:28 pm

Canada (Wouldn't mind staying there, actually)
United Kingdom
Germany
Japan
Hong Kong
"Without courage all virtues lose their meaning." - Winston Churchill

Fearthebait
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Fearthebait » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:52 pm

In order:
Japan - Anime and wanting to learn the language has convinced me to go there, if not live there when I move out.

Australia - Freaking accents on the folks there are so cool.

Russia - The women
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:56 pm

Gobi.
Sahara.
Deep space.

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:27 am

Amsterdam
Japan
The Moon

FearTheBait:
Are you fucking kidding me? Russian women are second only to the finnish on the ugly-scale.

Already been to;
Finland(2006), Russia(04), Cyprus(1990), Thailand(2006), and Spain(right fucking now).
If I have no soul to touch, no heart to love, no evil to rise up above
No angels and no ghosts, no real victories to toast
If you believe that this is true then I must ask;
to what end do you proceed?

-Dustin Kensrue, Thrice

Katayoku no Tenshi
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Katayoku no Tenshi » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:27 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote: God only knows. All I know is I wanna go. Is it true that the food really is bland there? :(

Words on English food ... I remember this got quite funny, I may be remembering wrongly. . .

I wanted to go to Japan several years ago but I haven't really thought about going abroad at all for years. I guess I'd like to go somewhere with nice scenery.
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Firebee
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Firebee » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:53 pm

Kaysow wrote:Amsterdam

You must be joking, that city is teh suckage, The Hague or Rotterdam are way cooler.

Places I want to visit:

- Japan obviously as an Anime fan.

- Hawaii

- New York

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”