Tell Me Your Dreams!

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

C4
Lilith
User avatar
Posts: 130
Joined: Feb 13, 2007
Location: VA

Tell Me Your Dreams!

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby C4 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:26 pm

I had a hilarious dream two nights ago, though it was scary as hell when I had it, but it led me to ask this question: what kind of interesting dreams have you all had? Everyone has at least one or two.

I have to preface the retelling of my dream by saying that I was raised up pretty strictly in a protestant famly, and in the past five or seven years or so, I've developed my own beliefs. With that said, here was the dream that I had.

It's pretty late in the evening, and I'm walking outside with my grandparents(who raised me), and all of a sudden, I look up in the sky, and I see this dude just floating there. So I was like, " :?: " and I ask my grandmother, "Hey, what is that up there?" She responds, "That's Jesus Christ." "No. No fucking way." "Yes, that's Jesus. It's his second coming." At this point, I'm freaking out. I get down on my knees immediately and start praying, "Jesus, forgive me of all of my sins, so that I may serve you in heaven," and things like that. Then all of a sudden, I hear this noise.

ZWHOOOP!

I look around, and I don't know why I asked this, but I said, "Where are all the Asian people?" to which my grandmother replied, "He took them away to heaven." I flip out. "What?! He took the Asian people?! The fucking rapture happened, and he only took the Asian people?! What the fuck! What about us?"

Then, all of a sudden, I look up, and Jesus burst into flames. I'm scared shitless. The rapture's over, I didn't make the final cut, and now I got Fire Jesus giving me the evil eye.(BTW, I know that this version of the rapture isn't entirely scriptural. :wink: ) Jesus then lights the entire sky on fire. Holy fucking shit. I make a run for it, and I look around, and he launches a huge fireball towards the Earth, engulfing it entirely in flames.

Then I wake up.

Fearthebait
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel
User avatar
Posts: 610
Joined: Feb 25, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Fearthebait » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:48 pm

ooooook. Thats pretty cool, little awkward, but cool.

I unfortunately never remember my dreams but one My friend told me: I'm in a dream where I'm surrounded by zombies so at first i"m like "crap this is a nightmare, I'm gonna get eaten and then wake up." Then a Guy pops out of nowhere and tosses me a shotgun and I'm like "oh heck yes, a freakin zombie killing dream."
Then I start killing zombies all over and I realize I'm in a building and I find out that Apple juice kills the zombies and I run out of ammo so I start using a sledgehammer to kill them and we decide to lure the zombies to the roof to pour a big vat of AJ on them to kill them all and all the zombies have tons of money in there hands when I get a cave in the building and all the zombies have paint on there face so there jumpin out of nowhere and I'm flipping out killing them when the zombies start laying down.

So I think to myself "OH, they must be tired and there paying for the motel so they can go to sleep." So I start collecting all the money and they go to sleep then they wake up and are all nice to me and I remember that the giant vat of AJ is on the roof and its gonna kill them all so I tell them to not go up to the roof but one says "Don't worry were made of silicon so we can just re materialize." and I'm like "...wut?" and then they go and get melted and start re materializing and then I woke up.

Yah...pretty weird dream.
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos
User avatar
Posts: 4348
Joined: Jul 21, 2006
Location: Mother Base, Mitakihara Waters
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby BobBQ » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:05 pm

I've had a couple of dreams of playing Halo 3 betas, the first of which happened a few days before Halo 3 was announced (and at a time, funnily enough, when I hoped very strongly that there wouldn't be a Halo 3).

Apart from that, nothing really worth mentioning.

Kyle
Matarael
Matarael
User avatar
Posts: 577
Joined: Jan 15, 2006
Location: In the middle of freakin'

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Kyle » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:17 pm

I hardly ever have nightmares anymore.Most of my dreams are stupid and make no since but recently iv ben having very violent dreams where i kill people.

The most recent one was this...Im running through a trailer park at night and theres orange Xmas lights strung all over the trailers.I look over and see otis from "the devils rejects" running beside me.I look behind and there a cop chacing us.The cop looks about to be in his earlie 30s,white male,black uniform,buzz cut,built.Looks more like a SWAT team member.

So otis and me run into the back room of a trailer and he hands me an old WWII 45 that fades in and out of translucentcy.He tells me to shoot the cop and so i turn around and point the gun at the door and wait.I see the cop enter the door frame and thats where the dream ends...They always end at the climax. :x

I had another dream that i killed my family with an AR-15.I shot my dad in the bathroom :twisted:
"It's good to have team mates...it gives them other people to shoot at."-Unknown.

"Who dare's,wins"-SAS motto

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Posts: 1116
Joined: Nov 19, 2006
Location: Under the Crimson Air

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:41 pm

I had a dream at my desk the other day that I accidently deleted my perfect Wind Waker file. When I shouted my indignation, I woke up.
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God
User avatar
Posts: 5751
Joined: Feb 03, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:55 am

Well, I've had some pretty weird ones. Here's the most memorable...
My first lucid dream that I can remember was back when I was in junior high. I was in class and I realized I was dreaming. So just walked out of class and proceeded to break all the laws of physics! I flew high up in the sky, jumped off from buildings, walk through walls, and tons of other fun crap like that. I have flown in quite a few dreams actually.
There was this one I had a year ago in which my family and I moved to Cleveland because we bought this "house." And I say "house" loosely because it was more like half-aquarium/half-movie theatre. It was in a suburban, middle-class neighborhood and there was this insane place we were living in!
I have had a number of dreams when I and everyoned else was naked. In most of these dreams nobody notices though. But in one of the few dreams when the nudity was noticed by others, I had what was the weirdest dream I can remember.
I did teh sex with Gates McFadden (Dr. Crusher from Star Trek: TNG) along with other random women like I was a rock star or something. The insane thing about this was I never was really attracted to her in the first place! If I had to roll in the hay with someone from TNG I would have chose Marina Sirtis (she played Deanna Troi).
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth
User avatar
Age: 31
Posts: 2557
Joined: Sep 12, 2006
Location: Indianapolis
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby slothen » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:01 pm

be careful about breaking the laws of physics.. waking up and thinking you can still fly really hurts.

Actually I once had a dream where I could run around on my hands.. and I was faster on my hands than on my feet. And then I woke up convinced I could still do it.

The other night I watched ep 22, Asuka-mind rape and that night I dreamed I was an eva pilot and we (me and other eva pilots) operated a moving company.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes
User avatar
Posts: 1162
Joined: Jan 04, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:53 pm

I had a dream last night where John Travolta was in my house with an MP5 shooting up the room trying to kill me.


I don't know why...........
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar
Age: 59
Posts: 19739
Joined: Nov 23, 2004
Location: This sceptered isle.
Gender: Male
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:59 pm

I had this weird dream last night involving 18th century vaccuum-balloon flying machines in aerial dogfights with lances.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics|G+|MAL
Avatar: 三ノ輪銀は勇者である
SHE WAS ELEVEN YEARS OLD
SHE LIKED TO HELP PEOPLE

Soljer13
Banned
User avatar
Posts: 1335
Joined: Nov 02, 2006
Location: In the Capital Wasteland

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Soljer13 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:26 pm

Buy a Slayer album and youll know what my dreams are about.
PURGE! CLEANSE! KILL! FOR THE EMPEROR!

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos
User avatar
Posts: 4348
Joined: Jul 21, 2006
Location: Mother Base, Mitakihara Waters
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby BobBQ » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:33 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:I had this weird dream last night involving 18th century vacuum-balloon flying machines in aerial dogfights with lances.

Wish my dreams were that interesting.

Do you do steampunk?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar
Age: 59
Posts: 19739
Joined: Nov 23, 2004
Location: This sceptered isle.
Gender: Male
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:46 pm

BobBQ wrote:Wish my dreams were that interesting.


First one in ages that hasn't been a clear retread of boringly familiar motifs and locations, and worth sorta remembering.

BobBQ wrote:Do you do steampunk?


Not since my FRPGing days, back in the 90s.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics|G+|MAL
Avatar: 三ノ輪銀は勇者である
SHE WAS ELEVEN YEARS OLD
SHE LIKED TO HELP PEOPLE

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God
User avatar
Posts: 5751
Joined: Feb 03, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:53 pm

soljerameelguy wrote:Buy a Slayer album and you'll know what my dreams are about.
I think I could have guessed by your avatar of old Sammael there.
Last edited by THE Hal E. Burton 9000 on Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl
User avatar
Posts: 5840
Joined: Apr 09, 2005
Location: 5th dimension

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Defectron » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:33 am

Here's some more recent dreams I've had, I already listed some of my older dreams in another topic, if you want to see those you'll have to dig it out :?

Dream 1

I dreampt that I was at some sort of party or picnic, I could control the wind and used to to fly and drop down on Andrew Richie smashing him into the ground. Later a cop came by and started rapping for some reason before driving off. At some point an evil british guy who seemed kind of simialer to the british guy in "snakes on a plane" came by and fought with me. I ended up in some strange mansion owned by an old woman who collected dolls or cats. To escape I changed into a pile of socks and rematerialized outside. I then went on a quest to find the dream video store which I always rent movies at in my dream (For some reason in my dreams I always rent videos at a certain store that doesnt exist in the real world). So I flew off and began to do that floating skip that Lum does in Urusei Yatsura. I went into a more unfamiliar part of town, after finding the video store, they didn't have anything i wanted so I left, but on the way back I encountered a crazy guy in a high tech wheel chair who tried to run me over. I accelerated my speed with super rockets taking
off but he was just as fast, maybe faster rapidly gaining on me. I fired all kinds of missiles and other things back at him,but nothing was able to stop
him because he was a handicapped juggernaut! Finnally the way to defeat evil wheel chair hit me, I had to quantum tunnel through him and trick him into running into a brick wall. This is exactly what I did and it worked sending him smashing into a brick wall where the dream ended.

Dream 2

This dream started with me describing a previous dream to someone where two gigantic guyvers and two neozektolls from the new guyver anime were fighting it out until the gigantics won. Then I got some microchips on my body that I pulled off and cracked open, each microchip was full of deerticks for some reason. After that I watched the new weva
evangelion movies. I thought they were good in the dream, but thinking back they made no sense. The movie was about how the regular eva universe opened a gateway to another one where things were mostly the same but with differneces. For example in the new eva universe Kaworu was female, but it in an x-ray her spinal cord looked like a really long x-ray penis attached to her ribcage which made no sense.After that I got called to some sort of assembly where people closer to my age
paired off with younger kids to watch some annoying teen movie about Sonny Britches (that guy from that new cartoon network cartoon) and how he became an efeminate teen movie pimp. The movie was so
boring I fell asleep in my dream and had another dream inside it. In my secondery dream, I dreampt some badass wrestling guy picked a fight with me. He was beating me up until I ripped a pay phone out of the wall and smashed it into him knocking him into another room. After that I changed into a wild pig and made like the juggernaut crashing through all the walls in my path. But in my other dream that this dream was inside of I actually crashed into some of the kids. After that we had to pair off and go on stage for some reason. I was pair off with a teenaged girl, she kept rubbing her butt against my crotch which was a problem because I was starting to get hard and I didn't want everyone to think I was into lolicon (which I'm not) so I made her stop. After we went on
stage and did whatever we did that part was over. For some reason Max a person from my high school was cosplaying as someone from scrapped princess. He said he was cosplaying as Raquel but his cotume looked more like pacifica. For some reason I thought it 'd be a good idea to make 3d model of pacifica after that, but before that could happen I got pulled into counseling because I crashed into those kids earlier. The counsler asked me why I wanted to make a 3d model of pacifica and wanted to know if there was a sexual reason. I said no and that was the end of that dream.

Dream 3

I dreampt that I went on a trip to visit myt cousins in misouri, for some reason misouri moved to where I used to live in illinois. Somehow I found out Naraku the villain of inuyasha was going to try to kill one of them, since I was a dragon in this dream I was the best to protect her so we went on the run. At some place where a kindergarten used to be in my neighborhood, there was a giant roman style colloseum for sporting events. We hid there for awhile, but my other cousins came to watch a baseball game. I was like "You foolish fools, narakus going to look where you guys are first, why are you here?" and they were like "To watch baseball". So we left, when leaving I went down a really long staircase where I was delayed by Ms young from grade school teacher
who was a spy for Naraku. I turned into my dragon form and beat her up before leaving. My dragon form looked like a cross between king ghidora from Godzilla and the dragon Malchoir from teen titans. When I was in docile dragon mode I had spiral looking eyes but in battle mode they changed to look sort of like slits. Next we went to a supermarket, One of narakus spys was there, but I dumped a shlef of tupperware on top of him. Naraku getting impatiant organised a giant
parade of clamation evil to hunt us down with the evil town mayor who was a fat guy named marshmallow. Marshmallow looked really weird because he had an organically formed eyepatch with a face on it that could talk. The parade of evil was made of a bunch of weird things that sort of looked like creatures from "Nightmare before christmas" it also had the monsters from the godzilla movies as well as heards of sheep and bunny rabbits. Dojo from xiaolin showdown warned me that if I went into battle mode too often I would be stuck there. I was like "no I won't" and transformed into battle mode to defeat the parade of evil. I flew into the air and began blasting heards of evil sheep and bunnys with huge flame blasts. After fighting my way through King Ghidora and throwing Anguiras on top of the sheep I burnt marshmallow but there was so many of his men around I was having trouble. I eventually fought them all off blowing
them up. Then olvia (A girl I used to work with) who was some sort of dragon slayer in this dream came and tried to stab me with a dragon slaying corkscrew for a chapaign bottle. I grew really
big and stepped on her. Before I could finish defeating the parade of evil the dream ended though.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar
Age: 43
Posts: 11725
Joined: Dec 26, 2005
Location: Pittsburgh/New York City
Gender: Male
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Ornette » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:50 am

Since my sleeping schedule isn't very regular, and I regularly drink myself into a stupor, I often hit REM the moment I fall asleep. Couple that with the fact that I usually fall asleep in front of a computer and with my eyes open, almost all the dreams I can remember involve whatever it was on my screen. I've dreamt about reading forums, programming, updating gentoo systems, reading email, watching anime, etc. Pretty boring to say the least. When the screensaver comes on, it usually snaps me out of it and I wake up. The anime ones are pretty funny because I'd dream that I started the next episode when one finishes, then I'd end up dreaming the entire next episode of whatever it was that I was watching.
Paganini's 14th Caprice in Eb Maj - recordings from 2004 -Vinyl collection at Discogs.
I have a haiku,
Okay, Okay, here it is,
damn, I forgot it

The Bastard King
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Age: 29
Posts: 1236
Joined: Nov 10, 2006
Location: Colby-Sawyer College
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby The Bastard King » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:49 pm

All you lucky bastards and you dream-esque shooting sprees. For some reason, whenever I get any sort of projectile weapon in my dreams, I run out of ammo at a crucial moment. Even with the laser shooting ones. And don't even get me started on the inconsistencies I have to deal with when flying in my dreams. One second I can fly, next second I try to jump off another building and WHOOSH. Hell, whenever I try to punch someone in my dreams, it ends up slowing down mid swing and just bumps against the person!

My dreams suck.
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth
User avatar
Age: 31
Posts: 2557
Joined: Sep 12, 2006
Location: Indianapolis
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby slothen » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:22 pm

The Bastard King wrote:Hell, whenever I try to punch someone in my dreams, it ends up slowing down mid swing and just bumps against the person!


ME TOO!
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth
User avatar
Age: 31
Posts: 2557
Joined: Sep 12, 2006
Location: Indianapolis
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby slothen » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:45 pm

I had a dream last night that I had to put my cat down. Except... instead of taking it to the vet, I had to take a big spear and bait her like bullfighting, and then kill her after she attacked me. It was really fucking wierd.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Kyle
Matarael
Matarael
User avatar
Posts: 577
Joined: Jan 15, 2006
Location: In the middle of freakin'

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Kyle » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:44 pm

I had a dream 2 days ago where me and john conner from T2 where in a shootout with the police.John walked across the grassy park spraying his ingram11 and got smoked.I however took cover behind a big chunk of concrete.Popping up every now and then unloading my duel glocks on the police that were abot 100 feet from me.I ran out of clip and laid on my back to reload and this old cop with white hair wearing a kevlar vest grabbed an AR-15 from another cop and ran to my position,jumped the concrete block i was behind and put two in my chest.That old cop was badass.
"It's good to have team mates...it gives them other people to shoot at."-Unknown.

"Who dare's,wins"-SAS motto

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?
User avatar
Age: 31
Posts: 22561
Joined: Aug 13, 2006
Location: Living in Houston, TX
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:55 pm

Dream last night: Was looking at some...Eva CD booklet (Refrain of Evangelion? A new OST for Webuild??) which had the lyrics for Komm Susser Tod and Everything You've Ever Dreamed, both sung by Arianne. Lo and Behold, there was a picture of Ms. Mysterious and Beautiful Sounding Singer, too. Though she was apparently from some European country (or Canada after all??) and she looked somewhat odd. She was pretty, but I think her hair was so blonde it was nearly white O_o. Because the info about her was in Japanese, I was attempting to start seeing what words I could pick out, which is when I woke up. :(

Mr.Tines wrote:First one in ages that hasn't been a clear retread of boringly familiar motifs and locations, and worth sorta remembering.


My dreams are usually like that when I dream about my hometown. I always find myself at the Comic Book Store (which had anime and manga, duh) that I'd frequent, except it would look very different or be apparently in a different location eg not the mini-mall it was located downstairs in. Most of the time I'd dream about trying to by SM or EVA related goods, a few times I dreamed about people attempting to rob the store, or being there late at night when it should have been closed but it wasn't.

....Shit, why is my memory so good with dreams but not the things that really matter in RL?

So am I the only one who dreams in color?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~


Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest