[LAEM] Pick the cast...

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

Phaze
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Pick the cast...

Postby Phaze » Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:49 pm

Who would you cast for the Eva movie?
I, knowing nothing about the movie world, don't really care, as long as the cast is attractive, and bare at least some resemblance to the original characters.
But Sean Connery should play Keel Lorenz. 8)

I realize this topic appears quite often, but there are still people who may not have been able to give their 2 cents before. And it's not as if this board is already flooded with topics...
Last edited by Phaze on Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!

coff
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby coff » Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:53 pm

ugh, another cast thread. I guess it was inevitable.

I think Britney Spears should play Misato.

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:08 pm

Thats just plain evil
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby DatDude » Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:10 pm

I think they should scrap the live action movie idea, and back a dumptruck full of money up to Anno's house and ask him nicely to write another series.

Guys abd Girls I do not see this movie as happing im sorry I just don't think that the ideas show in eva would translat well into an american live action movie.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:30 pm

coff wrote:ugh, another cast thread. I guess it was inevitable.

My sentiments exactly. I'm very tempted to cut to the punch and close this topic, but I'll allow it to remain open so long as it remains productive. Serious posts only. No casting people into roles for humour value.

We've all heard the joke that Jay Leno should play Fyutsuki.... we don't need to hear it again.

wildarmsheero
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby wildarmsheero » Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:29 pm

coff wrote:I think Britney Spears should play Misato.

You're just doing that to make me mad, right? : P

Moving on... I think that Lucy Liu should play Misato. Why? Because I think she has great range as an actress and that she could pull off the all the different parts of Misato's character. And she's hottie like Misato, but that's beside the point.
Comic | Art | Music | Blog | Anime | DVDs
The Galaxy Express 999 will take you on a journey, a never-ending journey. The Galaxy Express 999 will take you on a journey into the stars!

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby EVA-01X » Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:48 pm

My only jump into this thread will be the following:
Whoever plays Shinji MUST be able to screem his little heart out
The demon returns after a long slumber....
http://www.evamade.org/user.php?id.161
New Signature Image Policy
^Clicky for Evamade!

MongolSquad
Matarael
Matarael

Postby MongolSquad » Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:24 pm

EVA-01X wrote:My only jump into this thread will be the following:
Whoever plays Shinji MUST be able to screem his little heart out

i think this is a pointless thread too, but to EVA-01X's comment, amen brother amen. and make sure whoever plays Rei won't shoot herself half way through production. lots of meds for those child actors, lots and lots of meds......

TheMessiah
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby TheMessiah » Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:17 am

coff wrote:ugh, another cast thread. I guess it was inevitable.

I think Britney Spears should play Misato.

she's got the slut thing down

i truly hope that they dont get some "popular" actors and actresses like that one disney girl, or the guy from malcolm in the middle

heads will roll if this happens
monstrum in fronte, monstrum in animo

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:38 am

Well, actors like Daniel Radcliffe, Hillary Duff, and Frankie Muniz are instantly ruled out. Its been stated that the child characters will be age appropriate, in fact, they may even be under-casted so that they won't out-grow their parts in the event that there are a series of movies.

Take Harry Potter for example, all the kids are getting too old to play their parts.

Nephilim
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Nephilim » Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:13 pm

I don't know if someone else thinks like i do, but if an Eva movie is ever made, and if it's going to be a good movie, i don't think it should be with actors, or not even a live action movie.
I like the way it was made "final fantasy: the spirits within" (as a movie by itself, not if it sucked comparing it to the game of whatever).

I think should be with CG carachters.

Now you can kill me :wink:
*insert cool signature here*

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:14 pm

The CG idea sounds like a better option to me, and one thing that could help it a little is to get a indie director with knowledge of the series. I am usually more impressed with a movie when the director actually cares about the project and tries to follow the story than when a big name comes in and puts his own spin on it.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:58 am

If they made an announcement saying that it was going to be CG animated, with visuals on par with The Spirits Within, I would be tickled pink. CG just seems so much more promising for this medium. Its still animation, but its close enough to realism without being corny.

Although, that would kind of defeat the purpose of being LIVE ACTION. And no, they can't put CG characters into live action footage, the characters are by far the most difficult part to design and animate. If they go with CG characters, they go with CG everything.

Though I would love to hear a lot of people's voices with certain characters.

Gillian Anderson voicing Ritsuko comes to mind. That would be amazing.

secondson
Embryo

Postby secondson » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:32 am

I admit, I'm excited to hear a live action adaptation is in the works - feel free to begin the beating - although I still have my doubts. At least it's nice to know I'm not the only one with reservations regarding the project...I just fear it'll become some 3 hour long, special affects-driven, gory T&A fest :?

The idea of a CG version of the American Evangelion film has crossed my mind, as it apparently has for many others here, since this whole thing was announced. If the film makers do indeed plan to change the locale of the story and ethnicities of the characters just make it into a live action American film, perhaps they should scrap the project because I don't see the point of deconstructing a story just to give it a qoute/unqoute 'international' feel.

I can appreciate the tweaking of things in order to make the story more accessbible to the average moviegoer, but that doesn't justify artistic slaughter just to suit American tastes. Perhaps I'm just hostile but I've seen too many good stories go down the tubes when they make it to the big screen. It just seems to make more sense to make a CG film rather than live action. For one, by animating the characters as they were originally designed in the series, the film makers can preserve the characters' aesthetics and circumvent the entire issue of trying to tweak the characters for live action casting, which is obviously the case if it's already been decided the cast will be caucasian.

I hope that made sense, because it's late and I'm apparently rambling :shock: And on a final, completely pointless note, I'm with Eva Monkey on this one - hearing new portrayals of the beloved Eva cast from a new set of actors in a CG film would be an awesome experience.
All right, when I say your name, you say here. And we will assume here is short for Here I am, rock you like a hurricane.

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:59 pm

Beatiful post secondson, I think you hit the bullseye.

Vulkurt
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Vulkurt » Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:14 am

I know who needs to be Gendo in the movie, but he is not an actor and would never do it, but the man is Gendo:

Tony LaRussa.

Cut his hair, get the beard. There's your man.
Done. Guarding.

Slade
Embryo

Postby Slade » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:50 pm

Ive never heard of Tony Larussa, what has he performed in?
"All I have ever asked of this world is that when my time comes, let it be for something, not of something."

- Slade

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby EVA-01X » Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:26 pm

From my friend dusk at fictionised.net....
Eric Bana as Shinji!
The demon returns after a long slumber....
http://www.evamade.org/user.php?id.161
New Signature Image Policy
^Clicky for Evamade!

GraveDigger
Embryo

Postby GraveDigger » Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:14 pm

Well I think, that if they did do live action Eva movie...I hope to god that they don't pick the kid, that played Harry Potter to play Shinji. Just the thought of that just makes my skin crawl, and you they will if they make a live action American Eva movie. But the American's they just might pick the all star cast, that includes 25 year old acters playing 13 year kids. Thats been done, okay maybe not 25 year old acters playing 13 year old kids, but you do get 20-25 year olds playing 15-18 year old part and that makes me made. :x
I hope that its CG, that would be cool to see, every body has seen the cartoon, why not CG it.
Stop pissing me off - I'm running out of places to bury the bodies.

Vulkurt
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Vulkurt » Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:25 am

Slade wrote:Ive never heard of Tony Larussa, what has he performed in?

He hasn't performed in anything. He's the manager of the St. Louis Cardinals. But I'm telling you, he IS Gendo. Right down to the attitude.
Done. Guarding.

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”