Gurren Lagann Trailer

This is for the non-Eva goings on at Gainax, both old and new.

Moderator: Board Staff

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Gurren Lagann Trailer

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:50 pm

Found it on YOUTUBE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC_lSGooF1Y

Looks pretty damn cool to me. I love Hiroyuki Imaishi's work and I'm sure beyond sure all that drill stuff is going to somehow play into sexual innuendo's.

Plus if you look the REBUILD OF EVANGELION trailer is on youtube as well.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:58 pm

It looks good, but you can already see that there's going to be a lot of exaggerated breast-bouncing... <_< I suppose it doesn't matter if it's a more comedic show, but it was really distracting in Gunbuster when there's supposed to be a serious moment and you have breasts bouncing three times as much as they actually should.

So, how soon do you suppose we'll get a translation of what the trailer says?
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:26 pm

NAveryW wrote:you can already see that there's going to be a lot of exaggerated breast-bouncing...

They do have a reputation to maintain.

I'll reserve judgement, but for now, on the basis of that, it's yet to make it on to my "to watch" list.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:32 pm

I've gotta agree with Mr. Tines. The trailer didn't make me interested in the show. I think I was actually more inclined to watch it before I saw the trailer. But I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:54 pm

I'm mainly pysched cause the director is just INSANE.

If you've seen the first episdoe of Re:Cutie Honey or better yet "Dead Leaves" you'll see how freaking insane and out there and wild Hiroyuki Imaishii is.

Now I'm sure with Gurren Lagann he's gonna be reigned in a good deal but I'm highly curious to see if the guy can tell a good character driven story while still delivering on some of his wacky hyperkinetic directing.

As for the breast bouncing, I wouldn't want Gainax any other way. Is it ridiculous? Yes. Are breasts really maded out of Jell-O? No. But do the animators have to keep themselves entertained- certainly.
Also who knows, this could lead to ANOTHER Gainax ending (with the exception of KareKano I love)

Otaprince
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Otaprince » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:35 pm

Gendo'sPapa wrote:I'm highly curious to see if the guy can tell a good character driven story while still delivering on some of his wacky hyperkinetic directing.

The trailer seems to show a somewhat more realistic style than Imaishi's work on Dead Leaves, Re: Cutie Honey, but I guess we'll see!

Gendo'sPapa wrote:As for the breast bouncing, I wouldn't want Gainax any other way.

I dunno, there is a time and a place. Crazy breasts in Re:Cutie Honey was fine, but they didn't do it in Eva, or at least limited the occasional bounce or cleavage flash to parts that are comedic. I worry that a character who looks like Yoko in Gurren Lagann will ruin any serious scenes she's in. But again, we'll see.

Imaishi said this about Gurren-Lagann: "I hate to say it, but this show is full-on, balls-to-the-wall, guy-oriented drama."

On the one hand, I'm disappointed because a story that portrays women like breast-bouncing caricatures probably doesn't have much insight into any other area of human life, but on the other hand, I suspect that Imaishi or at least most anime creators have little experience or insight with women, anyway, so sticking with what they know is best.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:05 am

Yay! Less than a month to go! Can't hide my excitment. It's not going to be as balls to the wall insane as Dead Leaves but it could defintily go out there in places a Gainax anime might not have gone in a while!

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:40 am

Ahh...what is it now....3 weeks til Hiroyuki Imaishii's new anime?

Just finally saw Episode 3 of "Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi"- so wrong, yet so right. Brilliant use of Eva's theme music and archetypes-
"AH! Sci-fi setting, giant robot, beautiful female infestigator, Arumi, ME!" and of course...pansu.

I know Imaishii is General Director of the series but I hope he handpicks some hyperkinetic graphic art like episodes to self direct.

"Ah, peeing into the universe. Somehow its so sci-fi."

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:53 am

Gendo'sPapa wrote:Just finally saw Episode 3 of "Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi"- so wrong, yet so right. Brilliant use of Eva's theme music and archetypes-
"AH! Sci-fi setting, giant robot, beautiful female infestigator, Arumi, ME!" and of course...pansu.

And the gainax bounce turned up to eleven

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:34 pm

P.S. I'm not crazy and Sasshi's older sister is obviously just a happier, more bouncier but still incredibly fucked up Rei right?

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:57 pm

Is it just me, or is Sasshi's face in this picture somewhat reminiscent of Ren & Stimpy?
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Fearthebait
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Fearthebait » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:25 pm

I knew i saw that face somewhere. So yes, it seems to stem from Ren
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:07 pm

YAY! Just a little over a week and "Gurren-Lagann" episode 1 will air! I'm hoping fan subs are up within the week afterwards.

Finally a Gainax TV series that seems compelling! This hasn't happened...in what....a long time...since before I got into Eva.

...hehe, Mune-Mune's jello breasts are funny but that show is mega messed up...Arumi is cute though

Return to “Gaina[x] Stuff”