The Diary of Ochibi-san

This is for discussion pertaining to Hideaki Anno's live-action "Shin" films, such as Shin Godzilla, Shin Ultraman, and Shin Kamen Rider.

Moderator: Board Staff

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

The Diary of Ochibi-san

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:21 am

Manga creator and illustrator Moyoco Anno announced on Friday that her The Diary of Ochibi-san manga will have a television anime adaptation by Studio Khara, the studio headed by Moyoco Anno's husband Hideaki Anno. The 24 five-minute shorts will premiere on NHK on October 7 at 24:00 (effectively, October 8 at midnight JST or October 7 at 11:00 a.m. EDT).

“Even if I can make you smile, I can't erase the tears you've cried.”

In Mametsubu-cho, a little town somewhere in Japan's ancient capital of Kamakura, the cheerful Ochibi lives a free and easy life. Together with his friends — the dog Nazeni, the mischievous cat Jack, and the ever-hungry pooch Pankui — he welcomes the new discoveries and acquaintances that come with the changing seasons.

The spring brings flowers and greenery; the summer, chances to swim in the cool sea. With autumn come the fiery red maples, and winter brings hot and hearty meals.

These events and shifts of season are drawn with a soft and tender touch, bringing out the warmth in the details of everyday life.

- ANN

And here is an an adorable 30 minute compilation (six episodes) from khara's YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kthjAKuvX4M

It's only going to be available for a day, but I'm sure someone will have re-uploaded it.

Return to “Live-Action "Shin" & Other Khara Projects!”