Evangelion Oc?

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

MissDeamy
Embryo

Evangelion Oc?

•      
  •      

Postby MissDeamy » Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:09 am

I hardly doubt anyone has ever made an Evangelion OC around here. Well, I have!

His name is Riru Gai and he is the pilot of Eva Unit 15 which has been designed by a friend of mine however I will not show it yet because I don't think my friend would be comfortable sharing her art here so when I draw it my self I will show it.

Basic Info:
-Riru is 14 years old
-He's half Japanese Half American
-He likes cats
-He has a fear of dying
-And lastly for now he hates his own guts

His own story and lore are still in a HUGE WIP (work in progress) mostly because I need to watch the Rebuild movies cause I am missing out on a lot of info right now and I don't want to get spoiled because I really want to get this stuff right.

Originally, I didn't want to make an original character because of how complex Evangelion lore is so trying to write an original character in the Evangelion universe is a little difficult for me since I don't have a smart brain. However, I made one eventually and I honestly worked too hard on him. I had to do so much research to make this little f*ck fit in the goddamn universe. I had to look up how many Eva units were made cause I can't use 03 obviously and I can't use 04 too and so on. I had to use the number 15 because I found out there were 13 Eva units in total and I found that info on a website called "otakumode.com" and I don't even know if that is a trusted source. So I had no idea what Number to use so I just kept the number 15 because I had to eventually choose a number.

Then I researched about the years and dates and events just AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I only did this much work so 1) I don't get any info wrong and 2) he doesn't come off as one of those cringe self-insert characters who are just there to ship themselves with any of the Eva characters.

But at the same time, I don't want people to take him seriously because this is just an OC, I didn't make him to take him seriously I only made him for fun, and in a way, to help me understand the lore better.

If anyone has suggestions on what I should and Should not do when making an original character in the Evangelion universe that would be really helpful I don't want to get info wrong just try to keep it spoiler-free since I still need to watch the Rebuild series. But remember this is just an OC, don't take it seriously.
Rare Shinji Ikari Fan

Please do not repost my art anywhere without my permission

Return to “Fan Works”