Sound Sources for NGE's entry plug and other FX?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

BobbyDV303
Embryo

Sound Sources for NGE's entry plug and other FX?

•      
  •      

Postby BobbyDV303 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:00 pm

Greetings!

Not entirely sure where to post this, but I've been attempting to track down information regarding the origin of various sound effects and sample libraries that were used and created for the television series, and was wondering whether there have been any resources to help guide people in the right direction.

The object of specific interest for me at the moment is the various sounds heard within the entry plug (specifically the droning ambience), which led me to a thread made on this website from way back when, but all but one of the links seem to be dead. I was wondering if anyone has archived the contents of these download links by any chance or could point me to an alternative source. The self-proclaimed soundeffects wiki is too much of a stub I fear, though valuable nonetheless. And likewise the VGM sound sources spreadsheet only covers the samples used for the N64 game and its soundtrack.

Here is the thread in question I am referring to.
thread/12300/Entry-plug-noise/

Any help or discussion on the matter would be greatly appreciated, as I've fancied slowly gathering technical information regarding the series for possible use in one of my hobbyist 3d/modding projects after watching the series completely blind out of the blue for the first time this summer, only properly coming back to give it full attention now. But as far as this thread is concerned, the sound design is what I've become the most mystified by and interested in.

EDIT 22/11/2023 - I've managed to figure out how to isolate some of the audio from the 5.1 release, which is nice. Though I've also determined a new element -- that in addition to standard droning noise inside of the entry plug and the "life support" variant, I've noticed there seems to be an exterior variation that plays when standing outside of the EVA's themselves. Guess that's another thing to go on the wish-list.
'Ojcze nasz, który jesteś w niebie, niech się święci imię Twoje!'

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”