Physics

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

serafinadelavega
Embryo

Physics

•      
  •      

Postby serafinadelavega » Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:54 pm

this may sound really strange but evangelion is the reason i am choosing to study physics and engineering at university, i have just sat my physics oxford entrance examinations and received news that i performed in the top 1% and received an interview. when i was 15/16 and first watched evangelion i loved everything about it, the angels, the cicadas, Misato, NERV seemed like my dream place to work, and most importantly the evas. i felt weirdly connected to them in a way and really wanted to turn this into reality, i was extremely bad at physics although i was good at mathematics. at some point i thought i was just naturally dumb at physics and could never pursue it but i had this sudden shift on a random day telling me to get up and study and i felt so inclined to study so i just began and i studied and studied and studied, it all payed off because i went from getting a C in physics to getting an A* and winning a gold award for the physics olympiad. thank u fellow eva fans and thank u Asuka, Misato, and eva 01 u both inspired me to study physics. now im hoping to go into nuclear physics and building machines hehe :))
Serafina De La Vega

dzzthink
Shamshel
Shamshel

Re: Physics

•      
  •      

Postby dzzthink » Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:09 am

Really cool!! It's amazing you identified with physics after watching evangelion and finding the science of nerv interesting, best of luck with pursuing college and career.
"Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible but not everything is constructive." - 1 Corinthians 10:23

nerv bae
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby nerv bae » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:25 am

OP, if in a few years you feel tempted to implement a direct core-entry system and then test it on yourself in the university lab—don't!

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:22 pm

Congratulations on your medal! I hope physics continues to fulfill you.
I was somewhat bad at it during school XD! I've always been a guy who excels more in languages and human sciences. But math and physics fascinate me nonetheless. They are the language of the universe, of course.
I'm happy EVA had a positive effect on you ^_^
Keep up the good work!
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:32 am

Very nice, man. Usually, people get interested in psychology or philosophy because of Eva, I remember this was even mentioned in some slice of life anime. It is hardly unsurprising to see it getting people interested in STEM though. I do remember a lot of people would get into engineering because of machinery shown in Gundam or whatnot.

jeffythedragonslayer
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby jeffythedragonslayer » Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:51 pm

Good for you. Physics was my favorite subject in high school after computer science. I think the realism with which the Evas and NERV are descibed, with limited technobabble, makes Evangelion feel very real and gripping.

LucAAAs
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby LucAAAs » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:38 pm

If you like the physics aspect of Eva, I recommend reading the ANIMA books! I am still halfway through the 2nd volume, and the dialogues are pretty goofy, but the sci fi aspects are really cool and there is a lot of actual physics mentioned. The references actually get kinda overbearing somethimes, especially when there are 2 straight pages of infodumping about how Eva 1s S2 engine was emitting energy towards other dimensions and how it reverted it back somehow, I didnt really understand it but by your interest in the subject I think youd enjoy it.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”