EoTV/EoE Episodes Concurrency Project

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:10 am

Zeak being in the Aussie Navy gets in the way of projects, AFAIK.

Too bad Brik and I couldn't work this out way back when. :sigh: I seriously need to do my own version of my [s]baby[/s] project. Need to get the tools/help for it first. If Naw-kun and Reichu could specifically help out with video and custom subs/translation (eg: Not ADV's or A2000A's), that'd be great. And how to get around any legal issues.

*Adds Concurrency Project to my "Complete in 2011, Seriously!" To-Do List.*
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

gwern
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby gwern » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:38 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Zeak being in the Aussie Navy gets in the way of projects, AFAIK.

I'm sure. Which is why I limited my comment to discussing solely the work he said he had already finished.

I can believe that the Navy keeps him so busy that he can't finish it. I can't believe that he is so busy that he can't burn it to a DVD or upload it somewhere or any of the dozens of distribution options available.

COACH
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby COACH » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:41 am

I've actually been thinking about doing something like this for a few years now! If I finally get around to buying a new computer (I only post from my cell phone, believe it or not), along with some Renewal DVDs, I'd definitely love to give it a shot.

During my last rewatch of the series, I had a ton of ideas flying around in my head for such a project. I had to reject one idea, starting the movie during the middle of Shinji and Kaworu's fight, because I realized that they had a recap of those events right at the start of 25; it'd be quite redundant. It sounded awesome, in my head... (Then again, this thing's already gonna be long enough as it is, so I guess the extra stuff isn't neccessary.) I also considered opening the movie with a certain cover of The Cruel Angel's Thesis. Instead of using the images from the actual OP, I'd use the time to recap the TV series at a lightning quick pace. Sorta like an AMV, I guess. Not sure if I really wanna do that, though.

I also thought about throwing in Everything You've Ever Dreamed in there somehow at the end (love that song...), but I think ending the movie in silence was for the best; a song kinda kills the mood. That's probably why Anno had the credits put between '25 and '26. Of course, I haven't really edited video that much, aside from doing crappy AMVs in Windows Movie Maker back in the day, but I'd be willing to learn some tricks, for a project such as this. Maybe I'm just dreaming, but I'd really like to do this, someday...

(By the way, SSD, I just noticed that you had a birthday recently. Not sure when it was, but I hope you had a wonderful 25th. :D)
「世界の中心でアイを叫んだけもの」
THE BEAST
ABSOLUTE TERROR FIELD

Zeak
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Zeak » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:33 pm

My appologies for the major delay. It has been finished apart form the translation of the scenes from japanes to english text. I would happily give you a link but there are 2 problems.
A. I am currently deployed in the middle east.
B. I was unable to pay for my webpage to be renewed (Because I havnt been near a computer in a few months) so I lost the upload I had on there.

You will have to wait until the new year or do some asking around. The other people on the project have a copy.

Sorry once again

Regards from the middle east,

Merry Christmas
Writer and Lead animator of Cold Heart
webpage

chaosakita
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby chaosakita » Sun May 01, 2011 10:40 pm

I think I will have a little bit of free time this summer and I'd be willing to do my own take on this. It will probably be a cut-and-paste job, but I think it'd just be nice to see this thing in film. However, I'm not sure what software I could use, nor does my laptop have that much processing power.
Avatar: Shinji and Kaworu get ice cream

Killericon
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Killericon » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:51 pm

I've secured versions of EoE and Evangelion that have subtitles embedded into the video, rather than be coded, so I should be able to get this done according to the script decently soon.

This will happen.

Angel of Will
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Angel of Will » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:23 pm

I made my own edit a month ago. The congratulations scene was followed up by Lilith's neck exploding. I also put in the cut Live Action scene before the non-cut one. Though it had crossed my mind that the beginning of tv25 could be before instrumentality, it was very non-literal, so I assumed it was the start of Instrumentality, and everyone was just caught up in what they were doing before, not really aware of what was going on. The whole thing is almost 2.5 hours long, split into 3 episodes instead of 2.

I made the edit because I was tired of the complicated viewing process I had going without said edit. Swapping disks and such... Especially when it's with someone else.

Haha now that I think of it, maybe I should have dubbed in Gendo's line as well ;D.

"How could she choose her lover over me!?"

"Ritsuko Akagi; the truth is... I did love your mother."

"... Liar."

BAM
"Reality exists in a place unknown, and dreams exist within reality. And Truth lies in your heart."

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:43 pm

Mainly at KillerIcon, but towards anybody, has anything ever come out of this? I more or less have the materials (Japanese audio/English Subbed Renewal/Platinum of EoE and TV 25/26) needed but don't have any of the required programs or processing power, so eh. :whiteflag:

One day for shits and giggles I'd like to make a concurrency video based on that script I came up with, but I don't see this happening anytime soon. If anybody does come up with something similar, let me know because I'd be curious to see it.

Angel of Will: Late reply (How did I miss this post?) but did your edit help the two ending(s) flow any better or make any more sense of what was going on? Did you use the English or Japanese version for your edit?

The way TV25 comes off, it could be within Instrumentality already occurring, but some of it also comes across as the characters' mental states at certain points of EoE so :shrug: . FWIW I don't necessarily think TV25/26 and EoE have to be literally concurrent but thematically, they play off each other nicely.

Another way of viewing the endings is how they were presented in the Japanese Laser Discs: TV 25 then Movie (was Video Version) 25′ and TV 26 then Movie (was Video Version) 26′.

Angel of Will
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Angel of Will » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:21 pm

Now that you bring it up making sense as a narrative, I can clearly say...

It flows perfectly in terms of theme, plot, AND tone. People watching it with me didn't have any trouble understanding the continuity or the philosophical message, so I can safely say they're wondrously compatible.

The only detail that one of my friends noticed was that in the tv ending Asuka still had a fear of her mother during instrumentality, while in the movie, she had reconciled with her beforehand. So that's the only note that's a little off, but it's nothing big, and can be excused.

I used the English version.
"Reality exists in a place unknown, and dreams exist within reality. And Truth lies in your heart."

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:40 pm

View Original PostAngel of Will wrote:The only detail that one of my friends noticed was that in the tv ending Asuka still had a fear of her mother during instrumentality, while in the movie, she had reconciled with her beforehand. So that's the only note that's a little off, but it's nothing big, and can be excused.

Thanks for your thoughts! :)

FWIW, in EoE we hear sane and insane Kyoko before Asuka pilots again (no idea if this is in the Manga Entertainment Dub but you can hear it in the Japanese track):

EoE wrote:Asuka:
I'm alive...

Asuka:
I don't want to die...
I don't want to die...
I don't want to die...

KYOKO'S VOICE:
Stay alive.

Asuka:
I don't want to die...
I don't want to die...

KYOKO'S VOICE:
You shouldn't die.
Stay alive.

Asuka:
I don't want to die...
I don't want to die...

KYOKO'S VOICE:
You shouldn't die.
I won't let you die.

Asuka:
I don't want to die...
I don't want to die...

KYOKO'S VOICE:
You shouldn't die.
I won't let you die.
You shouldn't die.
I won't let you die.

Asuka:
I don't want to die...
I don't want to die...

KYOKO'S VOICE:
Please, die with me.
You shouldn't die.
Stay alive.
Please, die with me!
Don't kill her!
Stay alive.

Asuka:
I don't want to die...
I DON'T WANT TO DIE!

Asuka:
Mama, you're here!
Mama!

Angel of Will
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Angel of Will » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:18 am

Yup; that's all in the English dub.

Killericon
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Killericon » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:39 pm

Guys. I did it. It's done.

EVANGELION CONCURRENCY PROJECT(Subs).

Shout out to Sailor Star Dust, who put together a rad script. I only made one change, but that was so that the Komm Susser Todd scene wouldn't be spliced up.

THINGS I HAVE TO APOLOGIZE FOR:
The aspect ratios on the show and the version of EoE I used were slightly different so it's not perfect. Also these aren't the official subs, but I had to find a version that had the subs embedded into the video. Sorry for the sometimes choppy audio cuts. Sorry for the audio on the EoE side of things being slightly out of sync for a portion(I fixed it later on, though).

My buddy Red_Maverick is working on the Dubs version, if that's your thing. He says he's doing it over the christmas break.

Anyways, HUZZAH I FINALLY SAT DOWN AND DID IT.

I still have the editing file, so if there's mistakes, or things you think should be changed, let me know and I can reopen it up and fix it. I'm curious about your thoughts, Sailor, as your script didn't include cues for when cuts should be made during times without dialogue.

:w00:

P.S.
My Rapidshare account will only be able to handle 30 downloads, so if you could seed this torrent upon completion, I would muchly appreciate it.

gwern
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby gwern » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:19 pm

I've added the magnet link to my torrent client. I look forward to watching it.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:42 pm

What link can I use for a torrent (which I'm also happy to seed later)?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Killericon
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Killericon » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:15 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:What link can I use for a torrent (which I'm also happy to seed later)?

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:7F1B23081B026A921856876BF3499025869151E6&dn=Neon%20Genesis%20Evangelion%20Concurrency%20Project.rar&tr=http%3a%2f%2fwww.torrent-downloads.to%3a2710%2fannounce

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:42 am

OK, the file download opened up again, so I got it and my torrent server's now seeding it; I hope I've done it right (not experienced with magnets).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Killericon
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Killericon » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:58 pm

No reviews yet? :(

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:58 pm

Downloaded and seeding. I don't know when I'll have the time to watch it, though.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:15 pm

When I uploaded the scripts years ago, it was based on the Renewal/Platinum releases (better translations and better audio/visuals). I hoped those would have been used because Manga Entertainment's translation for Death and EoE is terrible (for one thing: infamous Adam and Lilith discussion by Misato), but, beggars can't be choosers.

Was Zhentarim Divx fansub release used for EoE? It would have been ideal to use A2000A's Renewal fansubs for both EoTV and EoE.

Some weirdness I noticed:

*Typo on my email address at the start: Should be SailorStarDust(AT)Evageeks.org

*Both EoTV and EoE's translation is off in a few places including spelling errors (and some cases of missing subtitles in both EoTV and EoE).

*The audio/visual quality doesn't seem like the best. I noticed during M26', the audio and visuals were out of synch. For me this was first noticeable when the MP Evas turn into Rei avatars and Fuyutsuki comments on it.

That aside, I'm mostly happy with how this came out, but there's room for improvement. I don't have the resources or time to work on this, so I am very thankful for what you did. Thanks! :)

The video flow (narrative, story-line, etc) is mostly seamless and comprehensible. There were a few abrupt scene cuts--I guess because of the visual or dialogue shifts--BUT they were still jarring. eg, EoTV Asuka and Rei's discussion before EoE Asuka wakes up in Eva-02. Or EoE Shinji reverting to LCL after that breast sketch and water droplet. And it probably would have been best to remove the various episode title cards, now that I think about it.

The discussion about HIP/Shinji's desires from the end of TV25 would be best after Komm Susser Tod sequence, I think. (I've forgotten just how funny TV26's AU sequence is.)

Finally, just an overall piece of advice: when you work on any kind of project, it's best to discuss and display it to the person you're collaborating with before you release it publicly. That way mistakes can be fixed in advance and it'll look professional upon public release.

Thank you again! Much obliged!

Killericon
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Killericon » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:59 pm

Thanks for getting back to me!

I too have the platinum releases, but the problem is that any versions of the Platinum releases I found had the subtitles on a track. Because I am a complete novice, I needed to find a version that had the subtitles embedded into the video. Would've gone with better ones if I could've.

The cuts that hurt me the most are the ones with music cutting off, but I thought they were mostly good. You've pretty much covered the other trouble spots.

I was unsure about the episode cards. Hell, I was contemplating shoe-horning the intermission of EoE in there somehow.

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Finally, just an overall piece of advice: when you work on any kind of project, it's best to discuss and display it to the person you're collaborating with before you release it publicly. That way mistakes can be fixed in advance and it'll look professional upon public release.

Honestly, this never even occurred to me, and I'm now really sorry that I didn't. It probably could've been a lot better as a result. Like I said, I'm not editor(I've edited together some interviews for Journalism classes, but that's about it), and the only reason I chose to do it was because it was sitting around for so long without anyone doing it. I certainly wasn't the guy for the job, but whatever!

Glad to hear you liked it!

Return to “Fan Works”