Favorite/Least favorite charas & why

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Space Penis » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:31 am

Misato IS SEX
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

rb_182_
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby rb_182_ » Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:09 pm

Space Penis wrote:Misato IS SEX

lmao! well put.. :twisted:
The Real Ending to Evangelion~~
Rei goes insane!!~~
~Rei is hope.. the hope that people will one day be able to understand each other, and Kaworu is the words... "I Love You". I think they are two beings that will always be watching over everything~

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:24 pm

Space Penis wrote:Misato IS SEX

That she is that she is. :lol:
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

rb_182_
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby rb_182_ » Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:26 pm

It's so true because she's the only one we see having sex more than once.
Rei goes insane!!~~
~Rei is hope.. the hope that people will one day be able to understand each other, and Kaworu is the words... "I Love You". I think they are two beings that will always be watching over everything~

superdoughboy4
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby superdoughboy4 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:40 am

rb_182_ wrote:It's so true because she's the only one we see having sex more than once.

She's the only person we see having sex with anyone.

rb_182_
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby rb_182_ » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:00 pm

well yeah she is the only one you see her legs moving and hear her moaning. but there is a part in End of Evangelion where it shows Asuka laying on Shinji. They don't actually show it, but it's hinted at because it shows him laying on his back, and you can see Asuka's red hair hanging down ontop of him :D then she says "god your annoying!!"
Rei goes insane!!~~

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:07 pm

rb_182_ wrote:but there is a part in End of Evangelion where it shows Asuka laying on Shinji.

The only intercourse taking place at this point:

Asuka: "Jeeez! I get so pissed off whenever I look at you!"

is mental or spiritual, as the pilots have entered Complementation (their physical forms, or what remains of them, being within their respective entry-plugs). The same is true of the Rei straddling Shinji (with her hand in his chest) at the end of which scene, Shinji rejects Instrumentality.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Trowa_Ayanami
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Trowa_Ayanami » Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:02 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:
The only intercourse taking place at this point:

Asuka: "Jeeez! I get so pissed off whenever I look at you!"

:shock:

Erm, sorry. The Shinji image is how I would act if an image of Asuka is right up in my face. Except I would act much better than Spike would. :lol:
Spike Spiegel: Look at my eyes, Faye. One of them is a fake because I lost it in an accident. Since then, I've been seeing the past in one eye and the present in the other. So, I thought I could only see patches of reality, never the whole picture. I felt like I was watching a dream I could never wake up from. Before I knew it, the dream was over.

The follower of the Shinji/Rei paring

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:59 pm

Trowa_Ayanami wrote: The Shinji image is how I would act if an image of Asuka is right up in my face.

So.... You want the wallpaper version, then?

---

superdoughboy4 is right when he says
[Misato]'s the only person we see having sex with anyone.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

rb_182_
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby rb_182_ » Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:18 am

No I didn't mean they were really having sex since that isn't what was happening in the real world. what I meant is it shows them having sex. Like as in Asuka laying on Shinji. It doesn't mean it's actually happening, it just SHOWS it. that's what I meant. uh it's hard to explain. but yeah he is right when he said Misato is the only person who has REAL sex. in the real world. not instrumentality world.
Rei goes insane!!~~

Oryval
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Oryval » Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:18 am

First post on this forum.

I'm Oryval, an angelsized evafan, I've seen the show twice already (wish I have seen it sooner) and I'm not against a third time in the near future. First anime I have ever seen and my favorite in the dozen I've seen so far.

My favorite character is Rei, with Shinji close second or equal.

Rei has the best design I've ever seen for an anime character, she is not extremelly well-builded or isn't the preatiest girl of all the animes but she has something that addicted me the first time I saw her and my interest had grown all along the show, her aura of mystery, her background, her personallity (some would say 'lack of' but I disagree), she has definitely SOMETHING I can't put exactly my finger on...

Shinji close behind because when I watch the serie I sort of relate to him, my opinion is close to this one which is very well formulated.
http://forums.evafics.org/index.php/topic,1498.msg27392.html#msg27392
The character made me ponder over several issues during the show, even if I'm not exactly like him (by far) some traits of his personality 'resonate?' with mine, and he is by far the most complex and 'detailed?' character of the show. On the other side I hate Shinji when it comes to the English soundtrack, the dubbing is HORRIBLE, the entire Shinji's personality has been changed and he become an unbearable little whiny boy.

Kaoru is great, fantastic etc... but unfortunately we solely saw him during a dozens of minutes, a great loss (or not, he had made his part in the plot).

Asuka is another matter, the first time I watched the serie, I hated her guts and I nearly laughed at her face (with a bit of pity still) when the EVA-Series slaughtered her (Wow, I suppose that I just made a lot of ennemies here). Before my second 'vision?' of Eva, I spent an incredible amount of time trying to understand the meaning of the serie and surfing through the forums.I think I made a good job and when I finally watched Eva the second time I disliked her a bit less, I even admired her and I think I will appreciate her more and more in the future (for evident reason : her tenacity, strenght, cleverness... and she's a real babe), even if I will still dislike her bitchy attitude and the fact that if she would have tried and made an effort to get along with Shinji (without getting romantically involved with him, even if it's a possibility), they would have helped each other a great deal. Like all the pilots her personality is clearly defined by her past and she has the worst, she managed to survive and succeeded at being the best, she is clearly one of the most depressed of the serie, but I can help it, for the time being I dislike her.

Wow I didn't intend to make a long post like this one in the first place, but it summarize my opinion. They have all one thing in common notwithstanding, they are all very fucked up.

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE 08 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:07 pm

I figure since I'm new I'll comment on who my favorite(s) character is. I'd have to say after much consideration its Keel, followed closely by Rei.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:20 pm

Probably Asuka because she's quite a complex character. I'm not that big a fan of Rei, I just didn't really like the character that much.

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:54 pm

Yay! Ul fit right in.........
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey
"Titus I love you!" - Zugzwang
"TITUS + ADSL = Disaster" - Timesplitter 01

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE 08 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:54 pm

I find it highly amusing that the folks crawling this forum are mostly Asuka fans...yet its theme is Rei.......its not Rei's fault she doesn't have a personality...not everyone is gifted with a functioning personality.

2Shea
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby 2Shea » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:12 pm

I know I'm gonna sound like everyone else, but mine has to be Asuka. Mainly because of her background, and personality. Shes far from perfect, but I still think shes great none the less, and just needs someone who will stand up and care for her and let her express her feelings to them. Shes had quite a hard life and puts out the bitchy Im better than everyone attitude because of that. She just makes me want to comfort her, and thats why I like her the best.

Secondly would have to be Shinji though, because I find that I relate to him the most. Not in all aspects but quite a few. Its weird how many people can relate to Shinji and his feelings, guess that just goes to show why Evangelion is such a great anime.
[URL=http://www.mechag.com]Image[/URL]
MAG, A Gundam SEED/Destiny Half-Life 2 Modification. (Click image above)

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:39 pm

SEELE 08 wrote:I find it highly amusing that the folks crawling this forum are mostly Asuka fans

Yeah, the schisms are within Asuka fandom, rather than any stereotypical Asuka vs. Rei split.

SEELE 08 wrote:...yet its theme is Rei.......

Well, it used to be EM's red/white/black scheme until that got hacked.

SEELE 08 wrote:ts not Rei's fault she doesn't have a personality...not everyone is gifted with a functioning personality.

She's quiet and serious, and very much self-sufficient. She doesn't cry out (metaphorically) to be hugged and comforted the way Asuka does.

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE 08 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:57 pm

I guess she's better off them me, I don't have a functioning personality, I'm slightly autistic.

Shadow
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Shadow » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:22 pm

Dave wrote:Rei Ayanami. Call me super fanboy. I am obsessed with her character, literally. I have about 50 Rei pictures on my wall and 50 more in my sketchbook. And the real annoying part is I DON'T KNOW WHY! She does practically nothing in the show! Why am I so obsessed? :x

...I see...I am not the only one...

Seele_05
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Seele_05 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:18 pm

umm Asuka and Shinji
ummm those are my fav characters....and ummm

hikari is cute....

ummm thats it...i think
A new adam, and a new eve, all we have to do now, is wait another milenium for fourth impact

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”