What’s your favorite thing about the Christmas holiday?

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

What’s your favorite thing about the Christmas holiday?

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:55 pm

I know about my last post, but I thought I bring more positivity and cheer during this Christmas season.

So I’m curious about some of your favorite things about this festive holiday, whether they be presents, good times with families, or just the ol’ traditions.

Some of my traditions include watching some Christmas films, like some of the old classics, eating some Christmas goodies, setting up decorations, and looking forward to Christmas Day while spending time with my family.

Back in the days since I was a kid, my family and would usually spend Christmas Eve with my relatives at my Grandma’s place. Since my family has gotten bigger with my cousins having kids of their own, we spend the festivities at a larger place, like at a restaurant that was being built before one of my cousins started running business there. We would have a feast before playing games and gift exchange. Those were always my favorite time of the season. And we would sometimes drive around town to look at Christmas lights like I did with my mom and stepdad with a friend of ours.

Anyway, I think I’m done rambling, let’s hear about some of your favorite holiday experiences.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

::KL7::
Ireul
Ireul

Re: What’s your favorite thing about the Christmas holiday?

•      
  •      

Postby ::KL7:: » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:38 pm

Watching Home Alone on repeat. :tongue:

My favorite part is getting 2 weeks off of work, and having my families annual Christmas party at my grandmas place, which sadly we won't be doing this year. This will be my youngest sons first Christmas and my 2 year old is helping my wife and I get into the Christmas spirit, as we really haven't felt the same about the holiday season as we did when we were younger, so that's nice. I just wish I could see family I only ever get to see around this time of year.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:54 am

Watching Home Alone 2 and Gremlins and The Vicar Of Dibley first Xmas special the one where she goes to all the Xmas dinners. Also having alcoholic hot chocolate with candy canes, I also really love the xmas dinner and the naughty desserts and snacks. I also really enjoy putting up xmas decorations. ^_^

SPOILER: Show
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Line
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Line » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:13 am

decoring the christmas tree; Smelling the smell of wood and thorns of it; :heart:
Ban me forever.

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:19 am

View Original PostLine wrote:decoring the christmas tree; Smelling the smell of wood and thorns of it; :heart:

Ah, yes. I love the smell of pine trees during Christmas time. It takes me back the days when my dad would get a Christmas tree from some place before I opted using the fake that I use every year. But the smell of a real tree makes feel so...nostalgic, next to the Christmas lights with the big bulbs to put on the roof.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

Line
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Line » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:58 pm

Oh yes the little christmas light black/green dark wired LED ones with the gold glowing lights that's my auntie used to put near the wall of the staircase :w00t:
Ban me forever.

dzzthink
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby dzzthink » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:25 pm

Merry Christmas eve everyone and may God bless you. Hope everyone gets a chance to do something festive. I think I'll just eat some mince pies and watch comedy movies, maybe planes, trains, and automobiles (guess that can't happen anymore).
"Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible but not everything is constructive." - 1 Corinthians 10:23

Line
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Line » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:17 pm

I think we're going to open gifts this evening as usual. And I'm gonna also watch the new Higurashi gou episode ! And I admit, I'm more excited about this later event than christmas :whistle: :rolleyes:
Ban me forever.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”