[LAEM] It's all up in the air

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

Big Panda
Lilith

Postby Big Panda » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:07 pm

Srly guys, you're being overdramatic about this.
I'm seeing LAEM as a reversed psicological centered Matrix trilogy.

If they don't change it toooo much (It can be "a lot"... if done correctly), they'll do the most important thing: Spread the word. Spread the mistery...... and stuff.

Since it's gonna cost around 100 milions (Well, surely more... When doing a movie, it ALWAYS get a little "cost boost"), and it's money raised by GAINAX (Almost a symbol of "GIMME YOUR CASH NAOOO") and all, I doubt it could take the wrong way.

Try looking to this as a oportunity.

When Matrix was released I just loved to make connections with it when discussing with my friends about .... what's the word in english when some one is just lost in the "Big corporate guys" world, and just become a part of their money-maker machine? In portugues it's "Alienado" (<- That word as a adjective), maybe it's a cognate :D
At google languages it is "mentally ill".... :( DAMN YOU GOOGLE LANGUAGES!

Wel... I guess I just crossed the line of "On topic" :(
I guess it's time for a decent sig right? NAHHHHHHHH

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:42 am

Big Panda wrote:In portugues it's "Alienado" (<- That word as a adjective), maybe it's a cognate :D

Perhaps the word you are looking for is "alienated."
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Postby slothen » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:35 am

cognates ftw
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby cat42 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:26 pm

Just a random thing:
I asked David Williams about it at Anime Boston. He said the project is not dead, but they can't announce anything yet.

I've noticed Matt Greenfield was lacking in attendance this year...

Also, he said he has no clue with what happend in regaurds to the Eva 13th anniversary Boxset.
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

Big Panda
Lilith

Postby Big Panda » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:28 pm

BrikHaus wrote:
Big Panda wrote:In portugues it's "Alienado" (<- That word as a adjective), maybe it's a cognate :D

Perhaps the word you are looking for is "alienated."

Oh.... I SOOO hate myself when these things happen. :(
I guess it's time for a decent sig right? NAHHHHHHHH

Morzella
Adam

Postby Morzella » Sat May 05, 2007 8:11 pm

its too early to complain

If history has tought us anything, if one thing in this life is certine, it is that it is never too early to complian.

Personnely I think LAEM will be like the Spiderman or LOTR movies. Most people will think it's great but old most time fans will hate it. Except more people will hate this then they do them two examples.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Sat May 05, 2007 8:16 pm

Morzella wrote:
its too early to complain

If history has tought us anything, if one thing in this life is certine, it is that it is never too early to complian.

Personnely I think LAEM will be like the Spiderman or LOTR movies. Most people will think it's great but old most time fans will hate it. Except more people will hate this then they do them two examples.

The other difference is that the built-in audience for Spiderman and LOTR was much, much larger than that for Evangelion. Everyone knows who Spiderman is, regardless of whether or not they read the comics. Name recognition is what will bring the non-pre-established fans in to theaters. Not many people have seen/heard of this Evangelion cartoon. That's why, even if it does get made (which it won't) it will most certainly fail.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Sat May 05, 2007 9:00 pm

I was hoping for LAEM before Rebuild was announced, but now it seems kind of pointless. I'm getting more Eva anyway, and it might as well be done by Anno and not people who think Kaji got slapped to death.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sat May 05, 2007 9:04 pm

Brik-kun wrote:
Morzella wrote:If history has taught us anything, if one thing in this life is certain, it is that it is never too early to complain.

Personally I think LAEM will be like the Spiderman or LOTR movies. Most people will think it's great but old most time fans will hate it. Except more people will hate this then they do them two examples.

The other difference is that the built-in audience for Spiderman and LOTR was much, much larger than that for Evangelion. Everyone knows who Spiderman is, regardless of whether or not they read the comics. Name recognition is what will bring the non-pre-established fans in to theaters. Not many people have seen/heard of this Evangelion cartoon. That's why, even if it does get made (which it won't) it will most certainly fail.
FIXED UЯ POST, Morzella. :P
I wouldn't be so quick to say that, Brik-kun.
If a LAEM happens, it will either:
a) suck, and be considered the worst live action adaption ever
b) suck, but in a funny way, and reaches the status of "cult classic"
c) be good, but with no word of mouth, almost fades into obscurity but folks "rediscover" it and becomes a "cult classic"
d) be good, gets word of mouth, and is considered "a success".
I do think, if there ever is a LAEM, it not will make the kind of box office returns of Spidey or LOTR.
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Themaninblack » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:33 pm

THE Hal E. Burton 9000 wrote:FIXED UЯ POST, Morzella. :P
I wouldn't be so quick to say that, Brik-kun.
If a LAEM happens, it will either:
a) suck, and be considered the worst live action adaption ever
b) suck, but in a funny way, and reaches the status of "cult classic"
c) be good, but with no word of mouth, almost fades into obscurity but folks "rediscover" it and becomes a "cult classic"
d) be good, gets word of mouth, and is considered "a success".
I do think, if there ever is a LAEM, it not will make the kind of box office returns of Spidey or LOTR.

:!: said perfectly
I won.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:51 pm

^ Ah, domo arigato! *bows* Be careful with those big quote boxes now or Reichu will bite you.

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Themaninblack » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:52 pm

Ahhh crap...
I won.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:43 pm

He he, I warned you. :lol:

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby CorporalChaos » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:23 pm

Thats it...just hold Eva off until I get out of film school, then turn me loose on it... *twitch twitch* :lol:
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

Postby EvaCub » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:25 am

cat42 wrote:Also, he said he has no clue with what happend in regaurds to the Eva 13th anniversary Boxset.

I understand It was just dropped
I thought it looked cool though
but I defintley didnt have 300$$$
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.
SailorStarDust:"No, everything has SOME meaning to it in Eva!"
Reichu on Sequel Theory:lights bandwagon on fire again:

BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Re: Its all up in the air

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:33 am

The Eva Monkey wrote:Less so of a topic of discussion, and more like a general statement, which you can comment on if you wish.

Simply put, at this point in the Live Action Eva Project, it is all up in the air. Everything from character names, to a director, to how much involvement Gainax will have. Its simply too early to tell. There are possibilities and intentions, but for the most part, its too early to complain, and too early to start exclaiming that it'll be the greatest film ever.

ugh, i don't think it'll be great, no matter how much time the director and staff put into it. it just doesn't feel right. the actors would probably suck and...im not sure whether i can explain it or not but i just get this feeling it's going to get bad reviews. it just won't work in my opinion
>>My User Profile On EvaPedia<<
>>Per Ardua ad Astra, Through Struggle To The Stars<<
>>Nothing<<

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:05 am

Thats it...just hold Eva off until I get out of film school, then turn me loose on it... *twitch twitch* :lol:

Victorthebattousai
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Victorthebattousai » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:56 pm

In Japan, it would do as well as Spidey of LotR did in America. In America, however..... It would have a LOT going against it. Christians would be against it, even before it was released, whether they made it better(for Christians) or not. Plus the fact that 90% of people don't know what the heck Eva is, much less wanna watch a movie about it. Especially with what the media will sell it as(and rightfully so, in some ways). A depressing, violent, sexual cartoon.

Christians will look and say it's spreading devil worship(I actually read a guy saying that), and trying to brainwash the masses.

Fans will scream in protest, only to be mocked and ridiculed.

And I'll just wait for the DVD release.

It could be good, though. Americans would want something thought provoking, but without the religious mixing, blasphemy or not. Excellent SEs. Certain things would HAVE to change(can't show the girls naked in Live Action).
I hate not having my Siggy.

The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

Postby The Imperialist » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:25 pm

They are probably trying to raise our hopes just to coverup that not much is going on except for some conceptial (???) designs, etc. Oh well, it is sometimes better to be optimistic.
I feel old

jenova7
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby jenova7 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:49 am

I think it'll be no problem to make the battle scenes awesome, but the actors,directing,storyline etc... :?

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”