Eva for PS2?

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Eva for PS2?

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:40 pm

Have anyone played this?I didn't know anything about it,i just found it and i was wondering if somebody knows,is it going or have been released in Greece?

Asuka Langley
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka Langley » Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:58 pm

I'm not sure if they're going to release that game outside of Japan.
We'll see whachu' got.

http://xrl.us/ccnh

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Jul 25, 2004 5:29 pm

Evangelion 2 has not been released outside of Japan, and there has been no intention by anyone to bring Evangelion 2 to any other areas. Of those hardcore Eva geeks with Japanese fluency that have played it, none have expressed much adulation for it. Its simply not that big a deal. If anything, it is at times a bit ludicrous and isn't much for new story, nor does it doesn't expand upon the story that much. It provides new answers, however many people are quick to say "no way", as many would disagree with its canonicity. The game isn't really that great, it would be nice if it were to be ported to something like American PS2, and translated into English, but until that happens, or if it doesn't happen, I wouldn't feel bad. Cause I certainly don't. And I say that as a hardcore Eva geek, and a pretty serious video game geek.

Abaddon
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Abaddon » Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:04 pm

At this point a release of Eva 2 outside of Japan is unknown. There is a petition to bring the game stateside here
[url]http://www.petitiononline.com/evagame/petition.html[/url]

I would like to play this game, just for the fun of it. I don't have a chip to play Japanese PS2 games, so an english version of the game would be nice.
Farwell happy fields, where joy forever dwells. Hail, Herrors, Hail abominations, and thy most profoundest hell, welcome your new ruler. One who's made is not changed by place or time. For the mind is it's own place, and can make a hell of heaven a heaven of hell. What matter where if I am eternally the same. Thus, for me, it is better to rule in hell then serve in heaven.

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Dave » Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:09 pm

I signed it but... I doubt Bandai will even respond unless we can get like 10,000 people to sign this thing.
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:09 am

Dave wrote:I signed it but... I doubt Bandai will even respond unless we can get like 10,000 people to sign this thing.

It would be more like 350,000 people, they will not do if for an english audience under 350,000 people I am guessing
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:39 am

In terms of math, I don't think you could find 250,000 Eva fans to sign that petition. Hell, even if I got each unique person who has visited this site to sign it, that would only be about ten thousand or so.

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:01 am

It would take 250,000 or more fans/people interested in the game and willing to buy it , so that that they could distrubute it it to the english audience , the closest thing u going to get is a pc version ( if u know what I mean)
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

coff
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby coff » Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:15 pm

We are never playing this game. Just forget about it.

Kiel
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kiel » Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:26 pm

I first read about the game in Newtype.
The did a pretty awsome cover story about it, which
really brought the hype to me.

I thought it was going to be a "choose your own adventure" of sorts,
with really cool Eva vs. Angel fights!

But the more I hear about it, the more I'm not so sure...

I signed the petition.
Even if it turns out to be not so great, I'd still buy it!

P.S. New avitar is frickkin' awsome!
The Amytiville Toaster

Makes Breakfast Spooky!

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:04 pm

Kiel wrote:I first read about the game in Newtype.
The did a pretty awsome cover story about it, which
really brought the hype to me.

I'm sorry, but NewType's spread was fucking lame. It screamed "Eva is awesome, buy Eva stuff!". It had no real substance, in my opinion. And I don't see the point in having an issue feature a title that will NEVER see the light of day in America. Sure, you can have an article about it, but having it as the cover story is just counter-productive.

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

Im a Newibe and this is my first day !!! be nice

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:57 pm

where do i go to sign this petition? I would like to buy it even tho i would suck worse than Wrath Unleashed (burn burn in hell!) and how do you make the little picture thingys on the side there and the pictures? Could you send me what ever the equevioulent of an instant message is.
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:06 pm

I'm sorry, but NewType's spread was fucking lame. It screamed "Eva is awesome, buy Eva stuff!". It had no real substance, in my opinion. And I don't see the point in having an issue feature a title that will NEVER see the light of day in America. Sure, you can have an article about it, but having it as the cover story is just counter-productive.

Well, isn't Newtype USA basically just a direct translation of the Japanese magazine? We'll probably be seeing a lot of stuff in that mag that we'll never get to see up close.

I can't believe the format of this game. Is "Soul Calibur meets King of Monsters" really that hard to imagine?

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:20 pm

Dark FireStar wrote:where do i go to sign this petition?

Don't bother, I've done the math, there's no way this petition could come close to the number of signatures it would need to satsify Bandai's statistics neccessary for importing it. Not to mention that online petitions RARELY ever succeed.

Hexon.Arq wrote:Well, isn't Newtype USA basically just a direct translation of the Japanese magazine?

To some extent, NewType USA is a translation, however a lot of the coverage is different. Its more regionalized. I don't know exactly how similar or dissimilar corresponding issues are, but it is far from a faithful translation. I would say the majority of NewType's content is unique to North America. However the major content and features are generally the same between the two.

Kiel
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kiel » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:24 pm

I hafta agree, the Newtype article didn't have much substance, and it did scream buy Eva stuff.

But the pics were cool.

then again, you can see even more online.

Blah.
The Amytiville Toaster

Makes Breakfast Spooky!

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

Play?

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:32 pm

where can i get one of these chips that go to the PS2 so you can play foeigen games and is it ilegal
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”