The purpose of Evangelion was to sell music?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Tumbling Down
Ireul
Ireul

The purpose of Evangelion was to sell music?

•      
  •      

Postby Tumbling Down » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:13 pm

https://twitter.com/somebadideas/status ... 5558111234

"He’s also given the greenlight to make a new series, set up to sell music merchandising. Anno wants to explore a theme of ‘not running away’."

What's this about?

Kakyoku
Embryo

Re: The purpose of Evangelion was to sell music?

•      
  •      

Postby Kakyoku » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:11 pm

The purpose of an entire franchise to sell music? Definitely not. :tongue: If that were the case then it’d probably be of less quality, spanning the whole series.
Even if I die, I’ll still be replaced.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:16 am

Just from a quick glance over the thread and profile, I wouldn't put all too much weight on what this guy is saying in regards to Eva. I guess he's famous or something(...?) (judging by the bio, never heard of him), but he doesn't quote a lot of sources for the more risque claims, some of which I've never heard of before.
It was an interesting read to be sure, but at the end of the day, it's just one of many opinions on the internet
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

天使 | Nyo | 天使
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby 天使 | Nyo | 天使 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:20 am

Well, regardless. The music of Evangelion is REALLY GOOD (I mean, most anime soundtracks are decent, so I guess that's not saying much.) But I'd totally be buying the CDs up. :D
Yeah, I change the things I'm interested in on a dime. Seriously, one day I'll be playing SMT, the next day it's VRChat, then it's just whatever I'm feeling like playing at that point. "Oh wow, you're uhhh...something that's for sure." -Anyone who meets me for the first time basically.

Youtube: Nyo, the one with the Tatsuya Suou (main character from Persona 2: Innocent Sin) Picture. I can't link it on my profile because it doesn't properly link it for some reason.

Discord: Nyo-kun#4442, don't send me weird pics or something. I'll just be using it for anyone who wants to contact me outside of the forums, don't harass me either.)

~Nyo :3

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”