All the power in Japan; Tokyo-3, we have a problem. B/

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

All the power in Japan; Tokyo-3, we have a problem. B/

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:56 pm

Feel free to correct me, but besides the logistic problem as to how you build the infrastructure to handle ~900 Billion kWh in... a day...

Japan has one other problem with this plan.

It is almost literally split down the middle between the Uber Master race who use 60 Hz, and those misbegotten troglodytes who use 50 Hz.
SPOILER: Show

This was a major issue during the Fukushima incident, where they couldn't readily share surplus power with areas in the North that needed it.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Re: All the power in Japan; Tokyo-3, we have a problem. B/

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:06 pm

Interesting...Well, it's possible in NGE's post 2nd impact world that they may have restructured. Or, Nerv could have some fancy tech where they have capacitors that are able to adapt in fashion... Idk, it's anime science fiction, it never really made that much sense to begin with, it just looked really cool and was a super ambitious plot point that made Misato look like a bad ass when they pulled it off.
FROM EVANGELION:
"Acts of Man are greater than acts of God!"

"I'm saying that I love you."

NOT FROM EVANGELION:
"You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold."

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: All the power in Japan; Tokyo-3, we have a problem. B/

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:25 pm

Speaking from a military planning perspective here; if the tech in Tokyo-3 is anything to go by, Japan was rebuilt from ground up after 2i/the wars following 2i to be the ultimate fortress against angel attacks.
The logical deduction of that being that the infrastructure has been built with the sole purpose of fitting any and all kids of warfare against angels - since just about everything moving things the size and speed we see in Eva, this very much goes for the power supply system.

As for setting all of this up in one day - the JSSDF's ressources and manpower are absolutely enormous. Even before Sachiel's attack, the infrastructure was very well maintained, giving a good picture of how many people they have at the ready to do the work - and in the three months following Sachiel's attack, they would have mobilized absolutely everything they had to have full preparedness for all possible operations on any scale at all times.

so no, in the setting of Eva, Operation Yashima is perfectly reasonable logistically
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”