3.33 Plugsuit Construction advice

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Caroline L.S.
Embryo

3.33 Plugsuit Construction advice

•      
  •      

Postby Caroline L.S. » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:33 am

Hello Eva fans, I hope this is the correct section where to put this. I plan on finishing my cosplay of Asuka from 3.33 and I wanted to ask the fans who have an eye for a detail about some minor details. It is the new plugsuit. Before I get bashed for liking the rebuilds, no. I just like the suit and its design.

Question is this, I plan to do some details in 3D like collar, the ornaments under chest and the blue "core" in the middle of the chest. I do consider giving some 3d element to the buttons on the hands and the diamonds on the arms. Is it wise? The original art has them flat against the body. I don't know any good image posting side that will work with this forum so if someone can recommend me a site that works, I will upload pictures.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: 3.33 Plugsuit Construction advice

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:15 pm

I think you could make those elements 3D, I just think if they become too big, then it might look too different. If it is subtle, it should work out.
I'm not at all too knowledgable about cosplay. That's just how I see it.
I would also personally just imitate the original, but that might be limiting creativity.
And I don't think anybody would bash you for liking Rebuild. Plenty of people here like it. 3.0 is one of my all time favourite films lol
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:57 pm

View Original PostCaroline L.S. wrote: don't know any good image posting side that will work with this forum so if someone can recommend me a site that works, I will upload pictures.

Give Imgur a try. It's unofficially Reddit's image hosting site, so it's free and has pretty good uptime.

Caroline L.S.
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Caroline L.S. » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:54 am

kuribo-04 wrote:I think you could make those elements 3D, I just think if they become too big, then it might look too different. If it is subtle, it should work out.
I'm not at all too knowledgable about cosplay. That's just how I see it.
I would also personally just imitate the original, but that might be limiting creativity.
And I don't think anybody would bash you for liking Rebuild. Plenty of people here like it. 3.0 is one of my all time favourite films lol

Rebuild is different. I don't like the story much because it betrays the point of the original EVA but that remains to be seen in 3.0+1.0. The design of the suit is nice, not iconic like the red suit which I am also working on, but it is nice intermediate step.

The Eva Monkey wrote:Give Imgur a try. It's unofficially Reddit's image hosting site, so it's free and has pretty good uptime.

Thanks, I just wasn't sure how well this hosting works with this forum.

Now to the point. The suit was made by company, and they don't pay much attention to the details. I encircled some main problems with it on the picture.

The details under the chest encircled in orange are going to be fixed in 3D for sure because it is quite clear they are 3D. It will be pain to work on it but it will make huge difference.

I have the 02 Designation already finished in 3d ready to glue on so next updated picture will have it.

The green encircled details on shoulders which should be green are already fixed. I will post pictures later. They are supposed to be flat so no problem there.

One issue is the core encircled pink. The flat piece of latex just doesn't cut it for me. On drawings and in the movies the core lays flat but that may be just the animation detail issue. What do you think? 3D or not 3D?

Same goes for the yellow encircled wrist buttons they lay flat in the pictures and I think it might add some realism for them to be elevated slightly.

There are few more problems with the suit that I plan on fixing but these are the ones I am conflicted on. I will post some pictures as I progress. If anyone manages to spot some minor details I failed to notice thru out the process please point them out to me. I want to make this as accurate as possible.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:40 am

I think that blue core-piece in the middle is meant to be flat, but this is one of those cases where you could just play around with the design.
I think it's also longer horizontally in the original?
Also the red stripes on the legs go to the knees almost in the og.

SPOILER: Show
I'm of the opinion Rebuild doesn't necessarily need to do the same as NGE, so I don't see personally how it betrays it. But this stuff would be off-topic in this thread. If you ever feel like discussing Rebuild this forum is a good place for that though.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."

Caroline L.S.
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Caroline L.S. » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:09 am

kuribo-04 wrote:I think that blue core-piece in the middle is meant to be flat, but this is one of those cases where you could just play around with the design.
I think it's also longer horizontally in the original?
Also the red stripes on the legs go to the knees almost in the og.

SPOILER: Show
I'm of the opinion Rebuild doesn't necessarily need to do the same as NGE, so I don't see personally how it betrays it. But this stuff would be off-topic in this thread. If you ever feel like discussing Rebuild this forum is a good place for that though.

Yeah you are right I sifted thru the pictures and it is kind of flat and mostly ambiguous. I caught a stroke of genius and made it 3D anyway. I think it looks nice, so I guess I will keep it. I can try to move the red striped on the legs. Good point. I will try to focus on those next time I get the suit on. Since it is latex, it stretches quite a bit and there is possibility that it might be ok proportionally when stretched.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:17 am

Yeah, the blue piece looks cool like this!

Return to “Fan Works”