Eva Character Designs

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

ShonHam
Lilith

Eva Character Designs

•      
  •      

Postby ShonHam » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:57 am

Quite evidently Eva has got character designs that appeal to a very large audience, so out of sheer curiosity I'm interested to get feedback on these few questions (answer as few or many as you'd like) -

1) Which Eva character design is your favourite and why?
2) Of all the Eva character designs, which would you say is the most well-crafted and why?
3) Did Eva's style/designs grow on you over time, or was it something that made you enticed to watch the show from the very beginning?
I do love me some Rei guns.

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

Re: Eva Character Designs

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:45 am

1. Shinji because he's the one that I instantly recognize.
2. Misato because her well curved and mature combination when it comes to sex appeal and her job saving the world is a perfect mix. (In other words, :misato_service: )
3. I loved the character designs since before I watched the first episode.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:36 pm

1) Hard to decide, probably Asuka.
2)The plug suits in general are amazing designs (including the crazier Rebuild designs). It's hard to think of a character in particular though.
3)I instantly liked the designs. And they did attract my attention.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:46 am

1) Rei, probably because my favorite character from Lego's Exo Force (whioch was half of my childhood and my gateway drug to mecha) took a lot of inspiration from her
2) I'd have to go with the same as kuribo here, the plug suits as a whole. Especially the scenes where they are pressure-fitted look just allaround awesome
3) The visual style of Eva clicked with me pretty much from the second I saw my first snippet of it (Unit 01 launch in a random YT video)
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Derek anthony
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Derek anthony » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:48 am

My favorite character designs is Shinji, also kaworu
I also love the plug suit designs
I also loved the designs before i seen the show

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:04 pm

1. Ramiel
2. Ramiel
3. Yes, when I saw Ramiel.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:35 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:1. Ramiel
2. Ramiel
3. Yes, when I saw Ramiel.

Ramiel is just an awesome design in NGE I remember going wow first time he was on screen because I didn't know you could do that clever thing with shapes and motion and they improve on it even further in rebuild.

I've always loved Rei and Asuka's character designs they really stick in my head even more so when in plug suites as the designer could have gone for boring black and white yet they made the choice for white and orange vs red and green. ^_^
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:41 am

Didn't even mention the Angel or Eva designs.
They are amazing obviously.
I remember the first time seeing Sachiel. That sense of mystery surrounding him.
Oof, nostalgia (I was 15, and 14 when I first found out about the show).
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

ElvinHes
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ElvinHes » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:30 am

Gotta agree with Chuckman. Ramiel is pretty special and I just adore that character to bits ever since he started appearing. He just resonated with me.
Here are the best fat burners for belly fat everyone wants.

Bhorium
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Bhorium » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:41 pm

I'll have you know that Rami-chan is a girl. :emogendo:
Anybody remotely interesting is mad, in some way or another.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:25 pm

View Original PostBhorium wrote:I'll have you know that Rami-chan is a girl. :emogendo:

I’d have to disagree with a cis female label. That drill most certainly isn’t a strap-on.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:32 am

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:I’d have to disagree with a cis female label. That drill most certainly isn’t a strap-on.
It's like you've never heard of an ovipositor before.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”