Eva Character Designs

This is a forum for casual discussion of Evangelion. Topics like "Asuka is hot!" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?" belong here.

Moderator: Board Staff

ShonHam
Lilith

Eva Character Designs

•      
  •      

Postby ShonHam » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:57 am

Quite evidently Eva has got character designs that appeal to a very large audience, so out of sheer curiosity I'm interested to get feedback on these few questions (answer as few or many as you'd like) -

1) Which Eva character design is your favourite and why?
2) Of all the Eva character designs, which would you say is the most well-crafted and why?
3) Did Eva's style/designs grow on you over time, or was it something that made you enticed to watch the show from the very beginning?
I do love me some Rei guns.

Gus Hanson
Lilin
Lilin

Re: Eva Character Designs

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:45 am

1. Shinji because he's the one that I instantly recognize.
2. Misato because her well curved and mature combination when it comes to sex appeal and her job saving the world is a perfect mix. (In other words, :misato_service: )
3. I loved the character designs since before I watched the first episode.
Watching tv shows doesn't create psycho killers, ending them on a cliffhanger does!

kuribo-04
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:36 pm

1) Hard to decide, probably Asuka.
2)The plug suits in general are amazing designs (including the crazier Rebuild designs). It's hard to think of a character in particular though.
3)I instantly liked the designs. And they did attract my attention.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
"In any case, it (Kill la Kill) is the greatest work of fiction ever written and should be taught in schools." -Squigsquasher
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Blockio
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:46 am

1) Rei, probably because my favorite character from Lego's Exo Force (whioch was half of my childhood and my gateway drug to mecha) took a lot of inspiration from her
2) I'd have to go with the same as kuribo here, the plug suits as a whole. Especially the scenes where they are pressure-fitted look just allaround awesome
3) The visual style of Eva clicked with me pretty much from the second I saw my first snippet of it (Unit 01 launch in a random YT video)
Why don't you save the Princess next time instead of being such a baby? She would love it and maybe you could get a sweet kiss. ~ sadly not Mari in Q (Joseki)

What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu

Return to “Evangelion Chit-Chat”