End of Evangelion storyboard translations?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
baka_unit_01
Embryo

End of Evangelion storyboard translations?

•      
  •      

Postby baka_unit_01 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:08 pm

Greetings everyone ^_^

I've stumbled upon these on tumblr and I'm curious if the Japanese text was ever translated and if it provides any interesting insight in comparison with the final version of the movie, much like the early screenplay translations.

https://imgur.com/a/j7UMOvg

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: End of Evangelion storyboard translations?

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:25 pm

I think I took those pictures. :P
That I know, there isn't a full translation, only bits.
One interesting thing about those storyboards is Shinji is wearing Misato's cross around his neck (as opposed to it being nailed to one of those graves). Something you can see in the drawings, but I don't think I would have noticed. I just know because someone told me that's what the text says.
I guess when Evangelion is studied as a major work (come on, it will happen at some point...the question is when) people will get payed to translate that stuff.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

ShonHam
Lilith

Re: End of Evangelion storyboard translations?

•      
  •      

Postby ShonHam » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:15 pm

Very interesting. Finding the difference between the initial and final versions of a scene are always fun to look at.
I do love me some Rei guns.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”