You Wake Up In The Eva Verse

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Nerd King 101
Embryo

You Wake Up In The Eva Verse

•      
  •      

Postby Nerd King 101 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:54 pm

So I'm new here! Been talking about Eva over on Youtube for half a year or so and decided to start using Evageeks recently. Well anyway here's a fun little discussion I thought of. One night you go to sleep and the next thing you know you and your family are in the Eva Verse on the day of the Third Angels attack. You quickly realize that just down the road is Shinji Ikari on the phone waiting for Misato Katsuragi. Now with Shinji in the Eva Verse, it's up to you. Do not involve yourself or do you try to stop Gendo and Seele and help the pilots? Do you tell your family what you know and try to figure out what's going on or do nothing?

Edit: As pointed out you can't do anything if you don't speak the language. So as of now you and your family can now speak Japanese if you could not before!
Last edited by Nerd King 101 on Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy. As long as the Sun, the Moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be all right.” - Yui Ikari

Youtube - http://bit.ly/2Ff9PHr
Twitter - https://bit.ly/2wrrC7v

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Re: You Wake Up In The Eva Verse

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:15 pm

In that scenario, I doubt very much being able to affect the outcome of the story, even with knowledge of the outcome.

The way I would look at it is that I would then be stranded in Japan, and I don't know the language, and I have no means to provide for myself, I would need to get back to the US, and then do whatever the hell I want (for the most part) until the world inevitably (for all intents and purposes) ends. Live it up, so to speak.

Or, maybe I can go to the Nerv branch at MIT and say "I know this is going to sound crazy... but...".

Nerd King 101
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Nerd King 101 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:19 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:II don't know the language, .".

That is a valid point I think I will edit the topic so you know the language to keep the discussion interesting
“Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy. As long as the Sun, the Moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be all right.” - Yui Ikari

Ambiant23
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Ambiant23 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:24 pm

Try enjoy the time I have of life before shit hits the fan.

Nerd King 101
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Nerd King 101 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:50 pm

View Original PostAmbiant23 wrote:Try enjoy the time I have of life before shit hits the fan.

I'd probably try to befriend Shinji than and there and hitch me and my family a ride. Probably blackmail Misato with knowledge somehow. Perhaps threaten to leak the Truth about Second Impact or something. Upon reaching Nerv I would sit back and watch Shinji do his thing. Probably explain to my family why I know so much about this world. Then I would come up with some cover story for why I know the Truth about Second Impact. Then do small things. Like by Shinji a bible so he gets Asuka's reference in nine. Probably go to Kaji and just flat out tell him the truth. I would try to help Asuka. Tell her she's great and there's way more to her than Eva. Try to push Shinji and Asuka together so they never reach the points they do in EOE. As for something big. I may try to kill Gendo, Ritsuko and Fuyutsuki. If they die command likely goes to Misato and at that point I just gotta give Misato information. I could prove I'm telling the Truth because I know about Yui being in Unit 1 as well as private things about everyone's past. At this point I think Misato could handle things. If I can't kill them than just hope I made enough of an impact on Asuka that she doesn't lose it when she can't pilot and Shinji doesn't rely on Kaworu the way he does since at least he would have Asuka and Me. Hopeful with this better mental state he won't kill the world. If he does well... Hey, I'm pretty my tumor won't be there in Instrumentality right? So that's a plus!

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:57 pm

Literally anything you say anywhere in the world to anything affiliated with NERV will end with you committing suicide via two shots to the back of the head.

I'd spend the remaining roughly nine months of my life in intense meditation in hopes that when the apotheosis comes I will transcend death and consume the entire human race until there is nothing left but me. If that doesn't work it's not like I have anything better to do.
Last edited by Chuckman on Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Ambiant23
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Ambiant23 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:30 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Literally anything you say anywhere in the world to anything affiliated with NERV will end with you committing suicide via two shots to the back of the head.

I'd spend the remaining roughly nine months of my in intense meditation in hopes that when the apotheosis comes I will transcend death and consume the entire human race until there is nothing left but me. If that doesn't work it's not like I have anything better to do.

Yeah p much that.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:11 pm

I try to fuck Misato then wait to go "pop" in a sea of souls.

More realistically I'll get stomped on by Sachiel I think.

Nerd King 101
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Nerd King 101 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:05 pm

View Original PostJoseki wrote:I try to fuck Misato then wait to go "pop" in a sea of souls.

More realistically I'll get stomped on by Sachiel I think.

Note your right near Shinji so your not that close

Ambiant23
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Ambiant23 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:51 pm

View Original PostJoseki wrote:I try to fuck Misato.

Ummm I think you are rushing into it. I guess I would have a steady relationship first.... then fuck her.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:45 pm

I might be a bit cynical, but
a) I am living in Germany, and Germany is still a real country in Eva I see no reason to be transported to any other location other than the one I am in right now, so I probably wouldn't experience a lot of the action (or even know about anything, given how highly secretive the whole thing is... although that's up for debate) and
b) third impact/NTI canonically occurs at the end of 2015/start of 2016 and we are living in 2019, I would wake up in post-impact hell land
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:33 pm

I didn't think of that. That changes things.

I appear exactly where I am in 2016 in the Evaverse: Given how sea levels changed due to Third Impact, I will be dropped in the ocean miles from shore with only a minimal ability to swim, off the Mid-Atlantic coast in January. I'm dead in 3 minutes at most.

I appear near the characters: None of them can understand or help me, it may only be two of them anyway, and if I can't scavenge several medications that I need and absolutely can't stop taking, I'll die in 1-2 weeks.

So the answer is: Die. Hopefully I get no. 2 since I'll have options and I'm terrified of drowning. Seems like a bad way to go.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Melkor
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Melkor » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:51 pm

I guess a better question to ask would be: suppose you reformed from the sea of LCL (fully healed and healthy) in the post-Third Impact world. What do you do next?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:50 am

Probably die due to the lack of infrastructure.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Ambiant23
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Ambiant23 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:05 am

Live a life of famine and poverty

Nerd King 101
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Nerd King 101 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:46 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:I might be a bit cynical, but
a) I am living in Germany, and Germany is still a real country in Eva I see no reason to be transported to any other location other than the one I am in right now, so I probably wouldn't experience a lot of the action (or even know about anything, given how highly secretive the whole thing is... although that's up for debate) and
b) third impact/NTI canonically occurs at the end of 2015/start of 2016 and we are living in 2019, I would wake up in post-impact hell land

You appear at the start of the series so I guess you could like track down and talk to Asuka and like befriend her and talk about her feelings or something.

Ambiant23
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Ambiant23 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:43 am

View Original PostNerd King 101 wrote:You appear at the start of the series so I guess you could like track down and talk to Asuka and like befriend her and talk about her feelings or something.

You do remember that they live in like a secret organization right?

Nerd King 101
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Nerd King 101 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:20 pm

View Original PostAmbiant23 wrote:You do remember that they live in like a secret organization right?

I would assume Asuka can still be found since she has public records from stuff collage

Melkor
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Melkor » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:03 pm

Would all the cities built by humans still be intact though? As far as I could tell, the only thing Human Instrumentality did was make all the humans turn into LCL. It didn't seem to destroy any of their homes or buildings, so if people did start to come back from the sea of LCL, it would be easy for them to just go back to living as they were before. As for food, would it be possible to obtain nourishment from the LCL, either by soaking in it or drinking it? Granted, there's the possibility you might be drinking someone, but if its the only option you have to survive while waiting for humanity to come back, I'll take it.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:38 pm

Physical structures being intact doesn't offset the fact that the human machine that had kept everything moving was completely destroyed with 3I. What happens now? Things won't be back to the way they were for a long time, if ever. How do you live the way you did before unless all the utility workers are hard at work? Farmers? Designers, engineers, manufacturers? Shippers and distributors? Who upholds the law? Who decides the law? It's been established that people have to individually manifest the will to return to physical form, meaning infrastructure won't magically resurrect itself. It will need to be rebuilt incrementally. Those who come back have to pick up the pieces as best as they can, whatever their pre-3I specialization might be.

If you're talking about the LCL in the ocean, it's mixed with sea water. Dehydration is a much more immediate risk than starvation, so you probably don't want to drink the stuff.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”