Adult Swim NTE differences?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

AdamMalkovitch
Clockiel
Clockiel

Adult Swim NTE differences?

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:49 pm

Does anyone know if there are any differences in the Adult Swim broadcasts of the New Theatrical Evangelion films? I know CN altered the first two episodes of Neon Genesis when they aired them during Giant Robot Week (although for the life of me I can't find any images or videos of said edits), but I'd be surprised if [AS] was able to air either series without any edits. I mean, I'm pretty sure you can't show a 14 year old's tiddies on American television...
*injects Angel blood* I know what the fuck an EVA is now :)

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

Re: Adult Swim NTE differences?

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:34 am

I doubt there would be any differences, it's 2018 2019 and its Adult Swim, they have no need to edit anything down due to the time slot they broadcast in not having to be child friendly.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:03 pm

I don't know. They've re-edited NTE before on Adult Swim. (At least, I think it was Adult Swim, and not Toonami.) Even if they're night-time programing, and even though the FCC has no jurisdiction over subscription-based media (such as cable network channels), a lot of networks still see it as good business to cater to the expectations of those who are used to broadcast television.

I don't have cable, so I can't say either way if NTE was re-edited or not. But it wouldn't surprise me if it was, despite the legal freedoms Adult Swim has.

C. Smith
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby C. Smith » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:34 am

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:I don't know. They've re-edited NTE before on Adult Swim. (At least, I think it was Adult Swim, and not Toonami.) Even if they're night-time programing, and even though the FCC has no jurisdiction over subscription-based media (such as cable network channels), a lot of networks still see it as good business to cater to the expectations of those who are used to broadcast television.

I don't have cable, so I can't say either way if NTE was re-edited or not. But it wouldn't surprise me if it was, despite the legal freedoms Adult Swim has.

The FCC has no control over anything outside of broadcast TV. Any edits that Rebuild was subject to was to appease the advertisers and Turner's own standards and practices. I guess the only possible scene that they edited was a brief moment of Rei's breast nipples being visible during the iconic moment of her getting out of the shower and Shinji stumbling in. Other than that, it's gone unscathed.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”