NTE US DVD vs Blu Ray differences?

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
AdamMalkovitch
Clockiel
Clockiel

NTE US DVD vs Blu Ray differences?

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:42 pm

So I read a while back that Giant God Monsters Invade Tokyo or whatever that short was called is included exclusively on the DVD version of Evangelion 3.33, and I know the DVD menu for 3.33 has music while the Blu Ray version is silent, so I was wondering if there are any other differences. Weebs, I call upon your help!
*injects Angel blood* I know what the fuck an EVA is now :)

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Re: NTE US DVD vs Blu Ray differences?

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:17 am

The extra short is not a DVD vs Blu-ray difference, but Japanese vs US release one; and the menu on my UK DVD is silent. I may check out other comparisons sometime, but no promises...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

AdamMalkovitch
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:15 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:The extra short is not a DVD vs Blu-ray difference, but Japanese vs US release one; and the menu on my UK DVD is silent. I may check out other comparisons sometime, but no promises...

Oh shit that makes way more sense. I did think it was super weird for Funimation to include an extra on DVD versions and exclude it from Blu Ray releases. That was likely the JP menu I saw a while back, or maybe I'm just remembering it wrong. Yeah, that's a Manga or Aniplex move, screwing over home releases. I don't think I'll ever not be annoyed by Aniplex's whole Gurren Lagann thing.
*injects Angel blood* I know what the fuck an EVA is now :)

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:39 pm

I think the Giant God Warrior short wasn't published in any gaijin BD release of 3.33.
The starry sky is silent in both my Italian BD copy and in my (supposedly) Japanese BDRip.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”