Why people hate this show nowadays?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

ttetssuo
Embryo

Re: Why people hate this show nowadays?

•      
  •      

Postby ttetssuo » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:48 pm

I think a lot of people who haven't seen eva tend to think of it as just some old 90's anime that isn't relevant anymore since it doesn't have as high of graphics as anime do now. I only say this because most people ive met who were unsure about watching it were super into their seasonal anime, and basically directly told me they don't want to watch the "classics" because they're old.
It's kinda the same with old silent films. If you're into those, you're seen as pretentious for even having the attention span to watch them. It's sad but oh well. Their loss. 8) plus meme culture is huge and attacks anything anyone likes.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Re: Why people hate this show nowadays?

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:15 am

But is it really a loss if they don't watch EVA? If what they want is flashy shit they wouldn't get anything out of it. Fashion moves on, eventually it swings back, not everyone likes the same things.

I mean, I just don't GET people who don't watch older media because it's not super flashy (isn't it about the story? Have they ever heard of imagination?) but what right do I have to tell them what to do with their free time, and what would be the point if they wouldn't enjoy or understand it?
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”