Dead or Alive 6

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

Dead or Alive 6

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:50 pm

Been waiting for it for ages although I have to say the decision to cut down hard on the female fanservice has gotten some mixed reactions out of me and not in a good way...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecYRKkc6GGI
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Re: Dead or Alive 6

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:44 pm

Eh, I wish they would have released it two years ago, when I still cared about the franchise. They milked DOA5 for waaay too long, and now DOA6 shows up with reportedly reduced fanservice? Meh. The trouble with reducing DOA's fanservice is, that's part of the series' identity. When you remove fanservice, you're left with just another generic 3D fighter with one-dimensional characters. Soul Cailbur, on the other hand? That will always be unique regardless of fanservice, because it has other things going for it (character creation and being weapons-based).

Senran Kagura has pretty much replaced DOA as my favorite fanservice franchise. It does everything DOA used to do, takes it further, and does it better. Plus the characters actually have halfway decent writing.
[Redacted]

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”