EVA Roller Coaster

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

EVA Roller Coaster

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Tue May 22, 2018 12:09 pm

A roller coaster ride based on Neon Genesis Evangelion is set to be brought back to Universal Studios Japan.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Ambiant23
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: EVA Roller Coaster

•      
  •      

Postby Ambiant23 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:08 pm

Wow cool have you ever gone on it?

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Tue May 22, 2018 1:11 pm

No, I'm not the roller coaster type, but it certainly sounds cool.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Ambiant23
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Ambiant23 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:58 pm

I hear its more like space mountain in disney world but with Vr goggles

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue May 22, 2018 3:56 pm

View Original PostAmbiant23 wrote:I hear its more like space mountain in disney world but with Vr goggles

Correct, it's not an actual roller coaster. Fuji-Q Highland has/had an actual Evangelion coaster, and Sega Joypolis had an Evangelion ride which should qualify as a roller coaster.

AdamMalkovitch
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Wed May 23, 2018 9:05 am

Nothing hurts more than knowing I'll never be able to ride Evangelion XR You Can (Not) Survive. Like, it's basically just a normal-ass roller coaster with a VR headset, I can't imagine it can be too difficult to recreate using one of those roller coaster simulators with the same video playing on an Oculus or something. It's worse for me because I'm a theme park nut, EPCOT Centre was (or would have been had I ever gone while it was cool) my favorite theme park of all time, and knowing I'll never get to ride the original Journey into Imagination, or Horizons, or Universe of Energy (again, fuck GotG) or experience the brilliant Wonders of Life pavilion is so painful.

That's why I feel it's so important to preserve these experiences, there will be people who will never have the opportunity to ride XR, people who will never even know it existed. I understand the plight of Yui in a way, but clearly on a much, MUCH smaller scale.
*injects Angel blood* I know what the fuck an EVA is now :)

Ambiant23
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Ambiant23 » Wed May 23, 2018 9:39 am

I had a dream theme park idea that that basically is the geek/ counter culture park. Instead of Transformers rides in Universal we get Evangelion. And instead of of splash mountain we would ask Wes Anderson have a ride inspired by him. But of course this is just a dream park

bobgoesw00t
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby bobgoesw00t » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:29 pm

Add yet another reason for me to visit Japan for six months sometime in the future xD
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”