Shinkalion

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Shinkalion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Wed May 02, 2018 2:59 pm

http://carudamon119.tumblr.com/post/173516711613/5日5日放送新幹線変形ロボ-シンカリオンに-エヴァ新幹線500-type-eva登場
Afaik these are the first screenshots.
I think it'll just be a short film?

SPOILER: Show
it's 3+1 secretly
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Re: Eva Shinkansen anime

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Wed May 02, 2018 3:31 pm

It looks like the 500 Type Eva made a special appearance in an episode of Shinkansen Henkei Robo Shinkalion The Animation. Kids are the conductors for trains that transform into giant robots through the use of special cards. Well, why not? :lol:

That's pretty neat!
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu May 03, 2018 12:16 pm

Well... there's that.

Also, this image is all levels of perfect  SPOILER: Show
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sat May 05, 2018 9:33 am

Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:55 pm

It looks liek there is another eva-themed episode of this show. This time with Hikari and her sisters.
http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-5549.html
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:41 am

http://www.eva-info.jp/4552
http://www.eva-info.jp/4491

More on that Hikari episode.
Shinji is there too.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Shinkalion

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:06 pm

I’ve never heard of this kid's anime nor do I really care to watch it. BUT with an upcoming episode basically being a tie-in with Evangelion I have to admit I’m curious to give the one episode a view. The Eva episode airs August 11th and is confirmed to have the voices of Megumi Ogata (Shinji), Kotono Mitsuishi (Misato) & Junko Iwao will be back as Hikari AND will voice her two sisters. There’s a possibility more of a cast will jump in for little walk on bits too.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/intere ... de/.135059

Seriously, I don’t care about the rest of this show but I will want to watch this episode and you nerds will have to help me get it! Looks like even Rei & Asuka will be in on the fun. If they get Yuko Miyamura to come back even for a line would this be her first TV performance in over a decade?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4go8XsxizDY

Does it look kinda cheap & pandery as hell? Of course. Is a legitimate kids show taking place in the Evangelion universe a horrifiying prospect if you think about in any terms beyond merchanising? Absolute. (All these kids are gonna die...) But, since it’s only 20 minutes I’ll watch it. Pandery as it is.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: Shinkalion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:31 am

I'm a fuckn nerd,of course I'll watch it lol.

Excited to hear their voices.

Apparently Tsurumaki originally designed Hikari's sisters:
https://twitter.com/khara_inc2/status/1025629184607965185

Also, dear God, that Angel is a mix of (at least) Sachiel, Shamshel, Sahaquiel, Zeruel and Rebuild's Third Angel.

bobgoesw00t
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby bobgoesw00t » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:12 pm

View Original Postcyharding wrote:It looks liek there is another eva-themed episode of this show. This time with Hikari and her sisters.
http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-5549.html

Its WAY more than that, its an entire crossover episode with the Shinji and some of the Evangelion cast showing up as Shinkalion versions of themselves. The meta levels are so high, that it can't be contained. Not only did Megumi Ogata come in to voice Shinji, Kotono Mitsuishi even narrated the preview for the episode which airs this week!!! They posted the video on youtube for all to watch!!!
https://youtu.be/4go8XsxizDY
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:42 am

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:21 pm

I kinda like it actually... it reminds me of something from the Zelda series
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

bobgoesw00t
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby bobgoesw00t » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:08 pm

ITS SO BEAUTIFUL AND META!!! x3
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:25 pm

Genuinely annoyed this thread has been ignored

Oh well

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:11 am

I'm sorry. I think much of it has to do with the nature of the organization of the forums here. "Everything Else Evangelion" simply doesn't get as much traffic in its current form. We've discussed potential reorganization of the forums backstage and we have settled on a new arrangement which I think will be beneficial to everybody. However, we're now simply waiting on one of our tech savvy people to earn enough free time to implement it. Keep in mind that such reorganization would be tedious and very time consuming, so bear with us until then.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:14 am

S'all good. I love this place.

Anywho, Animenewsnetwork has confirmed Megumi Hayashibara & more surprisingly Yuko Miyamura will voice Rei & Asuka in the crossover episode! It might only be a line or two each but that's still pretty cool.
I don't know too much about Yuko Miyamura the person but isn't she pretty much retired from voice acting except for the Rebuild films themselves? Would this be her first non-theatrical role since the mid 00s?

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2018-08-09/rei-asuka-vas-confirmed-angel-themed-villain-revealed-for-shinkalion-giant-eva-episode/.135295

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:03 pm

I have to correct myself, I found something that it resembles closer than the something from Zelda I previously had in mind: Zygarde

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:09 pm

a e s t h e t i c angel from 2.0 is sad because it didn't get into the mix.

Or it was too hipster about it.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:03 am

It seems Shinkalion was trending topic on twitter yesterday.
That's the power the Eva cast has. No offense to the Shinkalion show, but I probably wouldn't have been interested otherwise (and that's OK since it's for children).

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:46 am

Here’s all the Rei & Asuka from the episode I think. One line each. Of course Asuka’s starts off with the only acceptable option. “Anta Baka”.

https://youtu.be/CJhWnDimIuY

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:19 am

^

My ears have been blessed.
Last edited by Joseki on Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”