Favorite EVA fanfiction

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

BigSkeez0195
Embryo

Re: Favorite EVA fanfiction

•      
  •      

Postby BigSkeez0195 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:39 pm

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:Works that are finished:
-Evangelion Genocide: Extended
-Ghosts of Evangelion
-Reticence
-Orchestrating the Silence

Ongoing/unfinished works:
-Unravel
-The Lighthouse
-Neon Metathesis Evangelion

Where can I find these stories?

Glor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Glor » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:35 pm

The Creative Principle is probably one of the few P3I fics worth reading. Ongoing.

And I'll second Guy Nacks recommendation for Neon Genesis Evangelion: Genocide
Last edited by Glor on Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Amarantos - an NGE AU, beginning with Asuka, Shinji, and a garden. Take a look. Couldn't hurt.

"Anything can be Evangelion related if you have the will to twist it." -Joseki.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:16 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Strictly Ghosts isn't finished, in that Bagheera has said he may add more to it sometime; but it's gone a while without, and it covers its chronological limits satisfactorily. I suppose he might want to bring up some more psychological matters.

It didn't really seem as though there was much more that he could add to it, and hasn't updated it in what seems like several years.

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Do you not like Afterwards...? It's one of very few completed alternatives to Reticence as a continuation after 3.33.

I need to reread it. I remember liking it and Hand Cannot Erase, but Reticence stands out in particular because Kraven Ergeist started posting it soon after I saw 3.0 for the first time and it felt like such a satisfying continuation to what I thought (and still think) was a problematic and unfulfilling film.

Also, a general pet peeve: Any Rebuild fic that is set post-3.0 that pairs Shinji and Asuka as a romantic couple just seems unrealistic to me. You're telling me that this girl who knew this dweeb for probably a total of 2 months tops when she was 14 is still nursing a crush for him at the biological age of 28? After his Evangelion unit destroyed hers? Seriously? Not to mention the questionable nature of a mentally-28-year-old person being romantically attracted to someone half their age. As dubious as the pairing is, the post-2.0 Asuka/Mari pairing makes WAY more sense than any sort of Asuka/Shinji pairing for the rest of Rebuild. The most logical ship for Shinji is either with Sakura (who is relatively close in age), and Original!Rei, who is still inside Unit 01.

View Original PostBigSkeez0195 wrote:Where can I find these stories?

They're all on fanfiction.net except for Ghosts, which I believe Bagheera uploaded directly to this forum.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:56 pm

"Hand Cannot Erase"/"You Must (Not) Run Away" by jcmoorehead (Already mentioned but giving it a second mention)
Braver Than We Are by jcmoorehead
Angels We Have Heard On High by AKissAndAGunshot
Advice and Trust by Panther2G
Evangelion - The End and After, Book 2 Resurrection by The Karolingian
NGE: (Not) the End by Fyrstorm
Neon Metathesis Evangelion by Octo8
The Blue Rose by SPDudley
You Can (Not) Run Away by Mister Radical
EVA Sessions: Ten Year Whole by Gob Hobblin

Also Ghosts and 2nd Try but they already been mentioned. ^_^
Last edited by silvermoonlight on Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:00 pm

There are probably more but just a few that I've enjoyed/am enjoying.

Genocide - Already been mentioned a few times here but it's brilliant. Definitely worth reading.
Ghosts - I can't actually bring myself to read the last two parts due to emotions :tongue: This one is a fantastic post Third Impact piece.
The Second Try - Probably my favourite fic, I just love how this one develops the characters and romance and tells its story
Fading Into The Stolen Light - An AU fic that does a great job of world/character building. Handles some darker themes really well.
The Legacy Series by DarkBluePheonix - Lengthy but a great journey going from years before the series to after it. Tells it's own story really well.

And various others which are very good:
Blue Rose Series is very good.
Advice & Trust
You Can Start Again
Evangelion (Not) The End
Eva Sessions: You Can (Never) Trust
You Are (Not) At Fault

And AngelNo13Bardiels various lemon fics are great too :devil:

BigSkeez0195
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby BigSkeez0195 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:17 pm

Thanks for all the info JC! I’d say “you can (never) trust” was really what got me into fanfics. I wish I would have realized that before i started these stories that they weren’t finished yet. Breaks my heart to be stuck in a position that i may never see an end to the story. But I suppose an unfinished story is better than no story at all!

Return to “Fanfiction”