Favorite EVA fanfiction

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

BigSkeez0195
Embryo

Favorite EVA fanfiction

•      
  •      

Postby BigSkeez0195 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:15 am

Just wanted to start a dialogue of peoples favorite Evangelion fan fics! I've been reading a few lately since there has been quite a break between the upcoming (hopefully) NTE final. Does anybody have any good suggestions? I usually go to fanfiction.net for my stories. The stories i have been reading recently are;

Evangelion: You Are(Not) Null
EVA Sessions: You Can (Never) Trust
Scar Tissue
EVA Sessions: Ten Year Piece

The Eva Sessions stories by Gob Hobblin are usually pretty good. I keep making the mistake of starting stories that aren't and probably will never be finished... But they are still entertaining none the less! Mostly wanted to see if there are any stories i should get to reading. Def intrigued by P3I stories! lets hear your opinions. If anybody knows where this has been discussed before let me know.

THANKS!

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Re: Favorite EVA fanfiction

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:50 pm

View Original PostBigSkeez0195 wrote:since there has been quite a break between the upcoming (hopefully) NTE final!

Are you looking for fics in the NTE continuity then (see my sig), or just in the NGE continuity?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

BigSkeez0195
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby BigSkeez0195 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:27 pm

Either or really! usually I enjoy the NGE stories more. I will check them out!

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:55 pm

Well, I'm not above recommending my own work, the links to which are located in my thread, in which I'm currently working on my own post 3I stories.

I would also recommend "The Division Bell" and "The Catalyst" by jcmoorehead, and "You Are (Not) At Fault" by MisterHalt. All those are post EoE fics available on ff.net.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

BigSkeez0195
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby BigSkeez0195 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:23 pm

Im actually just getting started on your legacy series Phoenix! i have to prepare myself for that amount of content XD. But thank you for the additional suggestions! look forward to digging into your stories

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:47 pm

I think I'll also self-advertise and recommend taking a look at any of these (hint: I'd keep it to just 2010 to present, the older stuff is...not very good). Don't know if you'll like any of them, but it's what I can offer.

As far as anything not by me? Look under the favorites tab under the above link. At least something there might catch your attention.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:54 pm

As long as we all shamelessly self-advertise, we can't call each other out on it.

BigSkeez0195 wrote:I'm actually just getting started on your legacy series Phoenix! i have to prepare myself for that amount of content XD. But thank you for the additional suggestions! look forward to digging into your stories

Yeah, it should be surpassing 1,000,000 words this weekend when I release the next chapter, so it definitely is a commitment to read.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:12 pm

You all know me, Ghost's of Evangelion is at the top of my list. And just below that would be The 2nd Try.
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

BigSkeez0195
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby BigSkeez0195 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:13 pm

View Original PostAngelNo13Bardiel wrote:I think I'll also self-advertise and recommend taking a look at any of these (hint: I'd keep it to just 2010 to present, the older stuff is...not very good). Don't know if you'll like any of them, but it's what I can offer.

As far as anything not by me? Look under the favorites tab under the above link. At least something there might catch your attention.

Ill certainly look into it. thanks for the info!

BigSkeez0195
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby BigSkeez0195 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:23 pm

View Original PostArcadia's legacy wrote:You all know me, Ghost's of Evangelion is at the top of my list. And just below that would be The 2nd Try.

Ive heard a lot about this story! Ive been meaning to read it! i had actually lost the link to it so thank you for throwing it in here.

BigSkeez0195
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby BigSkeez0195 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:28 pm

View Original PostArcadia's legacy wrote:You all know me, Ghost's of Evangelion is at the top of my list.

Could you explain the me the format that these chapters are meant to be read? Am i supposed to start at the earliest date? or from the top of the table of contents? its a bit confusing.

Thanks!

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:33 pm

The choice is yours, since the story was deliberately written out of order. Personally i recommend reading it via the order of the table on the main post, but you could read it chronologically if you so pleased
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:00 pm

Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:57 pm

I started by trying to read Ghosts in chronological order, but Bags defeated that effort by continuing to add chapters at dates I'd already read past! In the end I found the written order just as satisfying.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )

BigSkeez0195
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby BigSkeez0195 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:56 pm

I figured it had to be discussed somewhere already. I do know that stories keep coming though. Good to keep the list updated.

Thanks!

BigSkeez0195
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby BigSkeez0195 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:58 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:I started by trying to read Ghosts in chronological order, but Bags defeated that effort by continuing to add chapters at dates I'd already read past! In the end I found the written order just as satisfying.

I’ve been involved with the story enough where it shouldn’t matter too much that the timeline keeps jumping everywhere. Are you aware of a pdf format anywhere? Would be easier to read.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:45 am

No; I might make one for him one day like I did with my own. But for now having it on my server (the link you were given) with all the posts adjacent rather than mixed in with the discussion is the best option available.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:26 am

Works that are finished:
-Evangelion Genocide: Extended
-Ghosts of Evangelion
-Reticence
-Orchestrating the Silence

Ongoing/unfinished works:
-Unravel
-The Lighthouse
-Neon Metathesis Evangelion
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:00 pm

Strictly Ghosts isn't finished, in that Bagheera has said he may add more to it sometime; but it's gone a while without, and it covers its chronological limits satisfactorily. I suppose he might want to bring up some more psychological matters.

Do you not like Afterwards...? It's one of very few completed alternatives to Reticence as a continuation after 3.33.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:09 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Do you not like Afterwards...? It's one of very few completed alternatives to Reticence as a continuation after 3.33.

There's also the "Hand Cannot Erase"/"You Must (Not) Run Away" duology by jcmoorehead that's a completed post 3.33 fic as another alternative. Very well written and does a fair bit of world building too.

Return to “Fanfiction”