EVA Racing

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

EVA Racing

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:51 pm

After finding an article this evening, thought I would share this with the rest of you.

So, apparently there is an EVA Racing team that this has existed since 2012. I saw an article from Kotaku pointed it out to me. It's actually kinda cool after I clicked through to their twitter and then their site and started reading the (horrible and choppy) Google translations. It's actually kind of cool that they have an entire racing team with cars (and motorcycles too) painted up like Unit-01 and Unit-02, I mean, they're not winning races, but it would still be cool to see them race around.
If Shinji doesn't get in, I will.  SPOILER: Show

And they don't just do race stuff, but they also try and answer the question this fandom has argued over forever, they have girls complete to see who is the race queen best girl each year.
Who will be best girl?  SPOILER: Show

Just curious what everyone else thinks about this. If I could, I'd definitely go watch.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Re: EVA Racing

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:35 am

The car team races in the Suzuka 10h and Fuji 24h, and those are actually high profile races for the GT class. It's no small feat, even if they aren't a top team.

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:13 pm

There's an Eva Racing book, too! It mainly focuses on photos of the race queens from the 2012 team, but there are also a few pics of the cars and motorcycles, plus Unit-01 and Unit-02. Oh, and the book comes with a DVD as well. I reviewed the book here: http://literaryeagle.tumblr.com/post/115384215994/for-my-twenty-third-evangelion-book-review-here
The Happy Red Planet (my Evangelion fan fic)

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:38 am

View Original PostLiterary Eagle wrote:There's an Eva Racing book, too! It mainly focuses on photos of the race queens from the 2012 team, but there are also a few pics of the cars and motorcycles, plus Unit-01 and Unit-02. Oh, and the book comes with a DVD as well. I reviewed the book here: http://literaryeagle.tumblr.com/post/115384215994/for-my-twenty-third-evangelion-book-review-here

Well, it would be silly to have a book about the racing team's race queens best girls and not slip in a few pictures of the cars by mistake :lol:
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”