SSSS Gridman - Studio Trigger (2018)

Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Zeta_One
Adam

Re: SSSS Gridman - Studio Trigger (2018)

•      
  •      

Postby Zeta_One » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:15 pm

SSSS Gridman was the second best kaiju/tokusatsu feature of the decade. Shin Godzilla in first place of course.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:52 am

View Original PostJoseki wrote:I feel stupid for never noticing he was a boy. :|

I could have sworn I saw a reference that "his" character design was inspired by someone from Oreimo.
"It's all fun and games till one of you gets my foot up your ass." - FofR, TrivialBeing.net Webmaster

"I blame teenage girls for everything." - Dr. Dave

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:26 am

A few trivia from the final scene : the actress in the final scene is Sakanoue Akane; as well as the Trigger paraphernalia in her room, there is also the Japanese equivalent of a Barbie-doll, called Licca-chan. Now, how would you normally expect that name to be romanized?

Obi Masaya who played Naoto in the original also did some promo work for this series as well as making a cameo as himself

Image Image
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics||MAL
Avatar: Mahou Shoujo Rapture Asuka : "Slice them up with your magical karambit, chu!"

Return to “Anime and Manga”