Looking to Collab on a FanFic

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

ArvisTaljik
Adam

Looking to Collab on a FanFic

•      
  •      

Postby ArvisTaljik » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:17 am

I'll start this out by saying "Hi!" lol.

I'm an experienced fanfic writer looking to do a collab on an Eva fic. 99.9% of my fic writing experience is with Marvel crossovers, specifically with the "Stucky" ship, but my interest and experience with Eva far surpasses my Marvel otaku time and I think it's time I finally delved into one of my longest held fandoms. ArvisTaljik on Archive of our Own.org (Profile link if anyone cares lol)

I posted my basic idea in the Recommendations/Ideas thread but thought I'd re-iterate here in list format.

• This is intended to be an aged-up fic placing all the action at a point where the pilots are 24 vice 14. They ALL meet initially once at the age of 14 in Tokyo-3 (so summoned by :emogendo: ) before splitting up for the next 10 years. Some pilots will have had a lot of interaction during that 10 years and some will have had very little; Rei(II) will have had none.
  • Most of the Evas have resident souls with a couple exceptions.
  • There will be 20 Angels in total: (1) Adam, (2) Lilith, (3) Tuniel(Tunniel), (4) Sachiel, (5) Shamshel, (6) Ramiel, (7) Gaghiel, (8) Kokabiel(Clockiel), (9) Israfel, (10) Matarael, (11) Sahaquiel, (12) Iruel, (13) Bardiel, (14) Zeruel, (15) Leliel, (16) Arael, (17) Armisael, (18) Gevruiel(Custom), (19) Cassiel(Custom), and (20) Tabris. Should go without saying that several of these battles play out significantly different while others follow the show/movies.
  • There are two Lances, Cassius and Longinus (one per seed), and they're both identical in appearance.

Within this setting is all the freedom to do pretty much whatever. I have my own ideas about the various characters but that's still all open to nearly anything.

Anyway, I figured I'd reach out and see if anyone might possibly be interested. I'm working on a sample Chapter 1 at the moment to get things rolling but I look forward to any possible interest, even if just from people wanting to read. :)

Thanks for sparing a moment of your time to read this as well. :D
peace: /piːs/
noun: a condition attained through the decisive employment of superior firepower

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Re: Looking to Collab on a FanFic

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:55 pm

They ALL meet initially once at the age of 14 in Tokyo-3 (so summoned by :emogendo: ) before splitting up for the next 10 years.

Wouldn't it be easier if they only meet at 24? I've been thinking on something in that regard earlier this day; namely, that Asuka and Rei aren't just trained, they're actual veterans who had been fighting Angels for years on end (with the presumption that they're doing something wrong and the same Angels keep coming back).

Most of the Evas have resident souls with a couple exceptions.

How many Evas are you thinking of?
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

ArvisTaljik
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ArvisTaljik » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:59 pm

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:Wouldn't it be easier if they only meet at 24? I've been thinking on something in that regard earlier this day; namely, that Asuka and Rei aren't just trained, they're actual veterans who had been fighting Angels for years on end (with the presumption that they're doing something wrong and the same Angels keep coming back).

The idea is to give a glimpse of their original "canon" personalities and interactions as a baseline to compare to later on when they're older. That also makes space for internal character thought monologue where their expectations/ideas of the other characters are either confirmed or shattered due to the time gap.

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:How many Evas are you thinking of?

Total of 8 if you don't count the MP Evas.
Units 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 08, MP Evas 1 thru 9
(Unit 03 still meets its untimely end, Unit 07 ends up being destroyed by an Angel before completion, leaving the "regular" units we see more of, or that's my thought at least)
noun: a condition attained through the decisive employment of superior firepower

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:18 pm

Why so many? Who are you even going to put into them all?

If you're gonna say "all the Evas get shipped to Tokyo-3" and "Hikari and Kensuke", I recommend against both. It's been done too many times and those two aren't pilot material. If you have any OC requests, I can help you out.

Also, you don't necessarily need to have Bardiel infect Unit 03. You can have it simply manifesting in a remote area like a jungle or an uninhabited island in the Pacific and spreading in the local wildlife until it has enough biomass to build itself a body from scratch. Optionally, it infects humans too and unleashes a pseudo zombie apocalypse only the Angel's destruction has any chance of stopping.

Alternatively, Unit 04's S2 organ was harvested from an Angel, right? What if the Angel's corpse is infested mid-transit and reanimated, forcing the Evas to destroy it? This also conveniently gives an excuse for why Unit 04 is still around: with the S2 organ lost, there's nothing left to implant so the Eva is put into service as-is. Optionally, this sets back S2 organ research, postponing MP Eva deployment and allowing the author to extend the story's timeframe.

Regarding the contrast between canon teen and fanfic adult behavior... I don't believe we need that. I mean, we all know how everyone behaves in canon, so retreading it purely to rub it in the audience's face is a bit... pointless.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

ArvisTaljik
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ArvisTaljik » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:17 am

amitakartok wrote:Why so many? Who are you even going to put into them all?

Short answer? Several get destroyed.
The only pilots will be those who are already pilots in NGE/Rebuild canon (Rei(II), Asuka, Shinji, Mari, Kaworu, Toji). Toji won't even pilot until the end of the story anyway (at least that's my intention), so there won't be an overabundance of pilots/units in the same place with a couple exceptions. Until Gaghiel, Mari and Asuka aren't even in Japan and Kaworu doesn't pop up until Zeruel. After Big-Z, there will be several battles where either pilots or Evas are out of commission, leaving only 2 or 3 to participate in battle.

amitakartok wrote:Alternatively, Unit 04's S2 organ was harvested from an Angel, right? What if the Angel's corpse is infested mid-transit and reanimated, forcing the Evas to destroy it? This also conveniently gives an excuse for why Unit 04 is still around: with the S2 organ lost, there's nothing left to implant so the Eva is put into service as-is. Optionally, this sets back S2 organ research, postponing MP Eva deployment and allowing the author to extend the story's timeframe.

My plan was to make Unit 04 the "Vessel of Adam" similar in form and function to the Mk.09 in 3.0. Still developing that idea so that may change and this would be moot point lol.

amitakartok wrote:Regarding the contrast between canon teen and fanfic adult behavior... I don't believe we need that. I mean, we all know how everyone behaves in canon, so retreading it purely to rub it in the audience's face is a bit... pointless.

I don't really consider 1 Chapter to be "rubbing it in the audience's face" tbh. :)

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:18 pm

View Original PostArvisTaljik wrote:Short answer? Several get destroyed.

Much better.

That being said... if I may suggest, portray their destruction as a very bad thing to NERV. Don't just narratively shrug it off like Unit 05's loss was in Rebuild, make it plain and clear that a catastrophic kill on even a single Eva is a MAJOR blow to the war effort because they don't have the numbers for an attrition war. Don't just say "oh well, SEELE will just bankrupt another country to build a replacement", make the pilots feel the consequences. They aren't kids anymore, so NERV has considerably more legal options in punishing them for incompetence.

The only pilots will be those who are already pilots in NGE/Rebuild canon (Rei(II), Asuka, Shinji, Mari, Kaworu, Toji). Toji won't even pilot until the end of the story anyway (at least that's my intention), so there won't be an overabundance of pilots/units in the same place with a couple exceptions.

Good. There are situations that don't call for OCs.

My plan was to make Unit 04 the "Vessel of Adam" similar in form and function to the Mk.09 in 3.0.

Shouldn't it have a higher serial number or no serial number at all, then?

Still developing that idea so that may change and this would be moot point lol.

Hey, if you're writing an AU anyway, you might as well go for broke and spin the story in ways that leave the audience wondering what's next because they can't extrapolate from existing fandom plots. Giving them a sense of novelty will make them hunger for more, whereas retreating the same subplots just make them sigh "been there, seen that; looks like this fic isn't gonna be the next big thing either".

Asuka'sBigBrother
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka'sBigBrother » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:34 pm

pass, i'm not into au's.
Just a big bro looking out for sistah

Mess with this crew, and I'll give you a blister

Return to “Fanfiction”