Sometimes all what you need is to take someone out...

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Lt Light Ark
Adam

Sometimes all what you need is to take someone out...

•      
  •      

Postby Lt Light Ark » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:09 pm

So, based on a Spacebattles thread that had Lelouch Vi Britannia in the place of Asuka in Evangelion (I don't know if it is allowed to link another forum here, so if you want the link for the thread, just ask me), a question did pop up in my mind

How would Eva go if Asuka didn't existed? For this thread's purposes let's say that the pilot of the Eva 02 would be Mayumi Yamagishi.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Re: Sometimes all what you need is to take someone out...

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:05 pm

Shinji can focus on doing his job properly much better due to not being constantly belittled and second-guessed. No poisonous atmosphere means less distraction.

On the other hand, the overall combat effectiveness of the team might fluctuate. On one hand, Mayumi isn't aggressive enough to rush off on her own, which is a good thing because more team play. On the other hand, this also means there's no one in the team capable of acting as a field commander. I mean, yeah, Misato is almost always on the comms to give general orders, but someone has to be on the ground to get a better eye on the situation and fine-tune the strategy. The problem is that Rei, Shinji and Mayumi are all passive personalities who prefer being told what to do by someone else.

In Shinji's case, it's partly so that if things go south, he can lay the blame on someone else to calm himself down.

In Mayumi's case, she's the type who's liable to lose it and panic if forced to make decisions under pressure.

In Rei's case, she simply doesn't care for the most part.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Lt Light Ark
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Lt Light Ark » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:39 am

Interesting, I do wonder if Instrumentality would happen successfully considering those three passives, so, instead of Mayumi, Alicia Vicennes.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:17 am

I wasn't familiar with her whatsoever until I checked her entry on TV Tropes.

From what I can tell, slotting her into the cast in Asuka's place is gonna end badly. As in, really badly. According to TV Tropes, Vincennes is the exact opposite of Asuka: while Asuka acts bitchy but has a softer side, Vincennes acts nice but is an utter bitch who hates everything and everyone.

If you were to put her in Asuka's place, Shinji would undoubtedly crash even harder than in canon. At least Asuka's mixed messages were due to her being in denial; with her, Shinji would at least have the benefit of doubt of whether she cares about him or not.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Lt Light Ark
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Lt Light Ark » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:40 am

amitakartok wrote:I wasn't familiar with her whatsoever until I checked her entry on TV Tropes.

From what I can tell, slotting her into the cast in Asuka's place is gonna end badly. As in, really badly. According to TV Tropes, Vincennes is the exact opposite of Asuka: while Asuka acts bitchy but has a softer side, Vincennes acts nice but is an utter bitch who hates everything and everyone.

If you were to put her in Asuka's place, Shinji would undoubtedly crash even harder than in canon. At least Asuka's mixed messages were due to her being in denial; with her, Shinji would at least have the benefit of doubt of whether she cares about him or not.

I don't think so, would Misato even keep her in the apartment?

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:28 pm

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:According to TV Tropes, Vincennes is the exact opposite of Asuka: while Asuka acts bitchy but has a softer side, Vincennes acts nice but is an utter bitch who hates everything and everyone.

So you're saying that she's worse than Asuka? Not really familiar with the character or which EVA spinoff she's from. I just remember looking her up on the EVA wiki page, also something about her being 'more so than Asuka'.

I guess if she is way bitchier than Asuka, I'd probably be more harsh and judgemental towards her than I was with Asuka, while seeing no positive traits about her, and maybe give Asuka a chance since a lot of people believed there was more good in her than she's letting off.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:38 pm

I don't know her either. All I know is what TV Tropes says about her:
Evangelion Pilot, holds a doctorate, pretty, highly social... and happens to be a Bitch in Sheep's Clothing holding the typical laundry list of craziness that the other Pilots have.

They are both Foreign Fanservice, incredibly smart (Marie probably a bit more because of having a PHD), are top-notch pilots, and a type of Tsundere. Except that while Asuka is the type of Tsundere that shows a mask of "I hate the world and everybody in it" in an attempt to Never Be Hurt Again, Maria is the type of Tsundere that pretends to be nice, while in reality she dislikes pretty much everything.

VUX
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby VUX » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:37 pm

I know this sounds like a dumb question, and it probably is, but what if you replaced a character with Ren from Ren and Stimpy instead. How would this affect the story?
"When life gives you problems..., get into the robot!"

"We VUX wanted peace with humans, until they day that insult was thrown"
"Where's you're ogrelord now laddeh?" Drek

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:44 pm

View Original PostVUX wrote:I know this sounds like a dumb question, and it probably is, but what if you replaced a character with Ren from Ren and Stimpy instead. How would this affect the story?

It would be a comedy which may or may not have Evangelion be taken seriously.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

VUX
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby VUX » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:53 pm

Asuka and Ren would hsve shouting matches

Asuka: Your an idiot!

Ren: No, your an eediot!
"When life gives you problems..., get into the robot!"

"We VUX wanted peace with humans, until they day that insult was thrown"
"Where's you're ogrelord now laddeh?" Drek

brer rabbit
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby brer rabbit » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:40 pm

How about you have kensuke as the second pilot instead of Asuka.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:54 am

Wouldn't work. Without serious character development, he's simply not pilot material; if anything, his attitude to piloting would be more like Asuka's than anyone else's, and we know how that's gonna end.

Return to “Fanfiction”