I'm scripting a film that's supposed to be revenge on American filmgoers

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

AdamMalkovitch
Clockiel
Clockiel

I'm scripting a film that's supposed to be revenge on American filmgoers

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:37 pm

Yes, it's obviously inspired by Neon Genesis. Here's an excerpt from the film outline:

Soulless Beauty Aorta is meant to be a deconstruction of the entire American film industry, and revenge against audiences that constantly pour money into the same movies reskinned. It will be advertised as an optimistic action-adventure sci fi film, with ABSOLUTELY NO HINT AT ALL TO THE TRUE VIOLENT, HORRIFYING NATURE OF THE FILM. I hope to surprise and shock audiences, make them feel truly awful. There is to be an embargo on any reviews that reveal the true nature of the film for two weeks after theatrical release. I am considering inserting stills from the highest grossing films of all time into the Return to Nothingness sequence, for one frame each.

It is to be a 2D animated film, using animation techniques from the 80s, such as cel animation (using real, reproduced celluloid sheets). The soundtrack is to be comprised primarily of tracks by The Beatles and classical Christian hymns, alongside original compositions

Is this actually achievable, or just a dream? Am I just a crazy person attacking people for liking things I don't like?
*injects Angel blood* I know what the fuck an EVA is now :)

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Re: I'm scripting a film that's supposed to be revenge on American filmgoers

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:15 pm

I like you Adam but I think this movie is already been made.

It's called " Cabin in the Woods" and it was made specifically to mock audiences for going to see the same derivative horror movies over and over again. Without asking for anything new to be added. It's a dark comedy meant to dress down the horror genre and its audience.

It's not subtle about it either. One of the main characters out right says "man I'm never going to see a Merman Kill somebody!"

AdamMalkovitch
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:13 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:I like you Adam but I think this movie is already been made.

It's called " Cabin in the Woods" and it was made specifically to mock audiences for going to see the same derivative horror movies over and over again. Without asking for anything new to be added. It's a dark comedy meant to dress down the horror genre and its audience.

It's not subtle about it either. One of the main characters out right says "man I'm never going to see a Merman Kill somebody!"

Huh. Shit.
*injects Angel blood* I know what the fuck an EVA is now :)

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:40 am

Every movie has already been made. There's isn't a single movie that hasn't been made at least 2 dozen times. (And those are the real original, off-the-wall films. The mainstream stuff has been made at least 200 times a decade.)

I say go for it.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:42 pm

View Original PostAdamMalkobitch wrote:Am I just a crazy person attacking people for liking things I don't like?

That'll definitely limit the value of your own work. You'd be better off operating on multiple levels. You say "inspired by Evangelion", so embrace that. Anno's criticisms came from a place of deep personal understanding and compassion.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

VUX
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby VUX » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:48 pm

I think you should go for it as well, maybe you could include creative ideas that are different to what has been done before.
"When life gives you problems..., get into the robot!"

"We VUX wanted peace with humans, until they day that insult was thrown"
"Where's you're ogrelord now laddeh?" Drek

Return to “Film and Video”