PAGE: Rei and Shinji Relationship - looking for feedback

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

PAGE: Rei and Shinji Relationship - looking for feedback

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:05 am

So, in doing a minor edit to Shinji's wiki page, I noticed that there is a severe lack of an important page "Rei and Shinji (Relationship)" It seems hard to believe that there is an in depth discussion on Shinji's relationship with Asuka and Misato, but not about his relationship with Rei, either in the anime or manga. So, I'm hoping to help create the page, but I'm looking for feedback from the forum on what should be included and whatnot, seeing as this is a community project after all.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Cybermat47
Clockiel
Clockiel

Re: PAGE: Rei and Shinji Relationship - looking for feedback

•      
  •      

Postby Cybermat47 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:18 am

I feel like most of their relationship was established immediately before and during the Ramiel episodes, with things staying mostly static afterwards, but then developing more with Rei II realising that she has romantic feelings towards Shinji, and Rei III’s abandonment of Gendo in favour of Shinji.
Reichu wrote:It’s all weird and phallic.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:32 pm

I would leave mentions of romantic feelings more ambiguos.
I think the same with Rei, but some people might interpret it differently.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:04 pm

Yeah, I agree on not giving a clear cut definition to Rei's feelings, even if they do seems quite romantic and maybe sexual.

AdamMalkovitch
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:06 pm

There should definitely be something there about Shinji experiencing a suppressed oedipus complex, maybe a feeling of needing to protect her because of how much of Yui he subconsciously sees in her.
*injects Angel blood* I know what the fuck an EVA is now :)

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:54 pm

Thanks everybody for the suggestions. I've begun setting up the page, splitting it between the anime, manga, rebuilds and others works (for video games, other mangas like Raising Project, and the like). Additional feedback and suggestions are welcome ^_^
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”