Is Evangelion Exhibition worth an 8 hour drive?

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
AdamMalkovitch
Clockiel
Clockiel

Is Evangelion Exhibition worth an 8 hour drive?

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:41 am

I nearly lost my mind last night when I found out that not only was Eva Exhibition coming to Houston, only 8 hours away from me, but that it was the first time it had ever been outside of Japan. I know I could just fly and get there in like an hour, but there's no way I can afford plane tickets. If I do go, it will be my first solo road trip since getting my license, my first convention ever, and the first time I would be staying somewhere by myself (there's no way I could drive there, attend, and drive back in one day). Do you think it's worth it?
*injects Angel blood* I know what the fuck an EVA is now :)

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Re: Is Evangelion Exhibition worth an 8 hour drive?

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:46 am

View Original PostAdamMalkobitch wrote:...it was the first time it had ever been outside of Japan.

To be fair, the Evangelion Sword Exhibit, which contains many of the same types of items (plus swords) traveled internationally, and was on display in Paris and Madrid in 2014.

Just wanted to chime in that an Evangelion art Exhibit has been on display outside of Japan.

Hark
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Hark » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:00 pm

sure , why not ?
~anything broken can be fixed by you can never return to what you have missed~

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:04 pm

Think the OP meant to say that this was the first time this particular exhibit had been outside of Japan. It will be at Anime Matsuri: http://www.animematsuri.com/8779/evange ... e-matsuri/

I say do whatever it takes to go. Round up some friends to go to Anime Matsuri with you to split driving duties. Someone I know drove from New York down to Anime Weekend Atlanta last year - he arrived on Saturday, was going to drive back on Sunday afternoon to be at work on Monday :cringe:). If you wanted to see the exhibit otherwise, you would need to fly to Japan, so what's an 8 hour drive?
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:28 pm

Last year Matsuri had a Sailor Moon event (and implied more to come this year, in addition to bringing over this year's Eva Exhibit) but I personally can't support it due to numerous shady dealings and disturbing stories from Lolita fashion friends that have attended.

That said, if you think you'll have fun and most importantly stay safe, definitely enjoy yourself if you make the trip to H-town :thumbsup:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

tism
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby tism » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:23 am

Well, I'm not driving but I am flying from norhern Canada to Houston. VIP and NERV pass purchased. Very excited about the exhibit and Eva store.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:17 pm

Original 2/1 post:

^The Evastore went to Anime Expo in LA last year, but I've been to the Evastore in Ikebukuro 2x now and I can't justify paying the markup, so did not end up getting anything. That said, it's a chance to check out their wares in person.

I thought about going to check out the exhibit, which would be the only solid draw for me at this point. Natsu Dagneel's seiyu is coming but otherwise I could care less about the con's guestlist.

3/18 update:

Noticed the below in my IG feed.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BftfKgCFolR ... imematsuri

Surprised to see that the Eva-01 statue has been shipped over (unless there are multiple copies of it). I've seen this in person at the 2014 Tokyo Film Festival when I watched 2.0. Bonus, it was subbed.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgcmzXAnI9c ... imematsuri

Damnit I want that lanyard! :facepalm:
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”