Speculation on Jet Alone

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Just what is JA armed with?

•      
  •      

Postby EVA-01X » Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:22 pm

I always wondered, you know. It dosn't seem like it could hold any weapons in those little hands it's got, but what good against an angel are those? (I know JA' has a ginormous mace and in the fic NXE it had an autocannon)
The demon returns after a long slumber....
http://www.evamade.org/user.php?id.161
New Signature Image Policy
^Clicky for Evamade!

wildarmsheero
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby wildarmsheero » Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:39 pm

It bitch slaps.
Comic | Art | Music | Blog | Anime | DVDs
The Galaxy Express 999 will take you on a journey, a never-ending journey. The Galaxy Express 999 will take you on a journey into the stars!

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby EVA-01X » Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:41 pm

Yes :roll: but besides the obvious
^Clicky for Evamade!

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:42 pm

Its armed with a nuclear reactor that can critically explode killing thousands, perhaps millions depending on population density. How's that for armaments?

x1shinji
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby x1shinji » Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:45 am

werd ^^ :)

Super Mega Ultra Deluxe
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Super Mega Ultra Deluxe » Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:03 am

The Eva Monkey wrote:Its armed with a nuclear reactor that can critically explode killing thousands, perhaps millions depending on population density. How's that for armaments?

Seems like somethin you could only use once though :(

tobias
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby tobias » Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:36 pm

i think it made a comeback in one of the video games. i'm pretty sure they armed it then...
Tobias war hier!

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:46 pm

In the Evangelion 2 game they explained that Jet Alone (as seen in Episode 7) was in fact the second Jet Alone, the first being an impractical prototype model.

You can see a schematic for the Jet Alone prototype model from Evangelion 2 below:

http://www.evamonkey.com/eva2/technical_drawing_03.jpg

TheMessiah
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby TheMessiah » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:40 pm

Super Mega Ultra Deluxe wrote:
The Eva Monkey wrote:Its armed with a nuclear reactor that can critically explode killing thousands, perhaps millions depending on population density. How's that for armaments?

Seems like somethin you could only use once though :(

the point is you would die as well, so it doesnt matter if you can only use it once
monstrum in fronte, monstrum in animo

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby EVA-01X » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:21 pm

DAmn this really answers nothing....... Okay then what do you people think it would be armed with if you were the desinger of that walking nuke? (Serious stuff please, this is for a fanfic I'm writing)
^Clicky for Evamade!

Xenogil
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Xenogil » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:38 pm

For those of you who don't know Jet Alone's armaments as shown in The Eva Monkey's link, it has a hammer (as you can plainly see) but I believe that the wristband also discharges some type of electric attack. There's an issue of Newtype that I read about it, but I can't remember the exact issue at the moment.

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:21 pm

since the series was terminated, i doubt they developed weapons... its just the eva series...in its first battle eva01 had no weapons...but those claws look pretty nasty...

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby EVA-01X » Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:39 pm

Yeah but if they continued development I think that they would probably use pretty much the same weapons as the EVAs; Rifles, Bozooka, machineguns and the like....
^Clicky for Evamade!

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Jet Alone... could it have worked?

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:40 am

I know NGE makes Jet Alone look pathetic, but if the first unit hadn't been sabotaged during its demo, and more importantly if its creators had found a way to counter AT fields like they said they were trying to, could it have become an effective weapon against the angels?

At first the concept of fighting Angels with robots sounds preposterous, but the very fact that Gendo bothered to sabotage the project seems to indicate that he saw it as a credible threat to his schemes. I'm not going to say that a single Jet Alone would be a match for even the weakest Angel, but perhaps engaging the threat with multipe anti-AT Jet Alones could have been an effective strategy. After all, Jet Alone is much cheaper and easier to produce than an eva unit. They also wouldn't have to worry about finding special children to pilot them. Taking this into account, it would be theoretically possible to produce vast numbers of Jet Alones in a very short time frame, assuming the creators got the funding they needed.

Of course, its effectiveness hinges on what types of weapons Jet Alone would have been capable of using, as well as whether or not its biggest issue (the whole "walking bomb" thing) was fixed. But I believe that with the right tweaks, it could have become a decent expendable mass-attack weapon system against some of the more conventional angels. Any thoughts?
[Redacted]

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:52 am

As an idea, I'll admit that it's a good one. It's kind of like a bulkier version of the dummy system.

EvangelionGodMode
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionGodMode » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:56 am

Nope, what would it have done against bardiel or armisael who infect the evas. Also gendo and seele sabotaged the jet alone project so the united nations or whoever it was wouldn't get rid of their machines that they wanted to use to rule the world and become god. The jet alone coulda been a good dummy against arael, but to put it up against angels like ramiel and zeruel, plus no A/T field, theres no chance. Also i seem to remember that a couple of the angels where only able to be beaten by Unit 01 going berserk, jet alone can't go berserk so its pretty much useless.
Bong. James Bong. Bruce lee the way I kick it, Tiger Woods the way I hit it.-Blake ,Workaholics.
To put it in laid man terms, hes getting laid man.-Blake, Workaholics.
"You shoulda known the price of evil"-M Shadows

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:11 am

View Original PostEvangelionGodMode wrote:Nope, what would it have done against bardiel or armisael who infect the evas. Also gendo and seele sabotaged the jet alone project so the united nations or whoever it was wouldn't get rid of their machines that they wanted to use to rule the world and become god. The jet alone coulda been a good dummy against arael, but to put it up against angels like ramiel and zeruel, plus no A/T field, theres no chance. Also i seem to remember that a couple of the angels where only able to be beaten by Unit 01 going berserk, jet alone can't go berserk so its pretty much useless.

It's true that Jet Alones would get curb-stomped by angels like Ramiel and Zeruel, which is why I said conventional angels (like Sachiel and Shamshel for example). Ironically, Bardiel and Armisael might be rendered useless against Jet Alone, since it has no organic parts to infect (although Iruel would pose a massive threat since it specializes in infecting machines and computers.)

Also, the very fact that Gendo and Seele were afraid the UN would switch to Jet Alones seems to indicate that there was some chance of it becoming an effective weapons system, at least in their minds.
[Redacted]

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:28 am

There's an advantage to having mechanical fighters over human ones. While Tokita was a jerk in the way that he put it, there's something to be said in a machine that will do exactly what you tell it. It may lack human ingenuity, but sometimes, blind obedience is more than enough to get the job done.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:33 am

It wouldn't be worthless, no, but it was viewed as a threat because of budget issues. Namely that if various governments saw it (incorrectly) as a viable alternative it could have made it much more difficult to keep the necessary funding levels available.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am

Interesting thought here. How much cheaper might it be to build something like JA than an Evangelion? If a government spec'd into building multiple JAs, it might be enough to give an Angel a run for its money. By economic standards, it would be the path to take: competition yielding the most monetarily efficient method to deal with the Angels. Of course, that line of action wouldn't be desirable to Gendo or Seele-- but it could have worked.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”