Rebuild of Evangelion Trilogy (1-3): North American Theatrical Release Petition

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
shinjiwon01
Embryo

Rebuild of Evangelion Trilogy (1-3): North American Theatrical Release Petition

•      
  •      

Postby shinjiwon01 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:05 am

Rebuild of Evangelion Trilogy North American Release Petition

I am honored to be both a fan of this phenomenal anime and a user on this site. Although a fan of Evangelion, I have seen the original TV series; however, I have yet to see any of the rebuilds because I did not want to live with the anxiety and suspense of waiting for the subsequent editions to be released years in the future.

Therefore, as a perennial fan of this marvelous franchise, I am calling all EvaGeeks and fans alike to petition Funimation to release the first 3 editions in the theaters in the form of a one-sitting trilogy theatrical event where fans can see all three rebuilds together in the movies before the release of Rebuild 4.0.

I think that this would be a great idea for fans who would like to see the Trilogy (Rebuild of Evangelion 1-3) in the theaters and for those who are new fans that would like to get caught up with the series but would rather see the previous 3 in the theaters prior to watching Rebuild 4.0.

I will email Funimation with this Idea. I am also welcoming ideas from all Eva fans on this forum and within the United States to support the North American release of the Rebuild Evangelion Trilogy (1-3) prior to the North American release of Rebuild 4.0. Therefore please reply to this post with ideas, comments and other types of information that will forward the North American release of the Rebuild Trilogy prior to the 4.0 release.

I also want to start a petition for the North American release of the Rebuild Trilogy that can be sent to Funimation to make it happen. If you are a fan of Evangelion and would like to see a North American theatrical release of the Trilogy prior to the release of the Rebuild 4.0, then please email Funimation and reply to this post with ideas on how we can start a petition to see the release of the Rebuild Trilogy...

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: Rebuild of Evangelion Trilogy (1-3): North American Theatrical Release Petition

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:40 pm

Your enthusiasm is nice, but I'm pretty sure Funimation released all 3 films theatrically already, albeit at different times. Besides, they've already released all 3 films on DVD. Why would they spend all that money on a theatrical exhibition so soon after they've already been shown in theaters less than 10 years ago and are already readily available on DVD?

On your concerns over the wait time:

-It's been 5 years since 3.0 came out.
-3.0 + 1.0 entered production about a year ago.
-Anno had a tentative script ready for Final about 4 years ago.

All of these things indicate that Final will be coming out in 2019 at absolute latest.

One final note before you watch the Rebuilds:

Lower your expectations.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

AdamMalkovitch
Clockiel
Clockiel

Re: Rebuild of Evangelion Trilogy (1-3): North American Theatrical Release Petition

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:36 pm

As a film nut and a lover of theatres in general, I'm totally on board here. It would definitely need to be a sort of special event thing though, the first film is able to stand on it's own, and has a pretty well wrapped up story arc, being the first 6 episodes of NGE condensed and updated. If this were to happen, I can guarantee that it would be a limited release thing, only at huge or niche theatres and even then, probably only for a week, maybe a month. I can see them marathoning them as an event, with 10-15 minute breaks between films.
Alternatively, they could have a five, six hour event on Toonami airing all three films uncut, as they aired 1.11 and 2.22, but never got around to 3.33, and besides, it would be like 1 or 2 AM by the time the second half of 2.22 rolls around, they could totally air some of the more disturbing content in it.
*injects Angel blood* I know what the fuck an EVA is now :)

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”