Thoughts on Asuka

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Epilogue
Embryo

Re: Thoughts on Asuka

Postby Epilogue » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:45 pm

Well, Asuka to me is the vicious cycle that too many people have to live with. You're lonely, you're insecure, and you want to be loved, but to try and get rid of those feelings would mean risking rejection and confirmations of your insecurity. So you sit alone inside your comfort zone, but the more you do that, the more insecure you become. Your insecurity forces you to be alone, and loneliness powers your insecurities in return. In the end, you realize that your life is a shitshow where your two character flaws have a better relationship than anything you'll ever have. Lmfao.

Thomas68
Lilith

Postby Thomas68 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:18 pm

After reading, thinking and rethinking a lot of theories on Asuka's behavior and speeches, I came to a conclusion myself:

Someone should give her a Snickers. Perhaps to calm the fuck down.

But then, I thought that, maybe, I've been a little too harsh on the poor girl having to deal through the edgy teenage phase that we all have to endure but with mommy/daddy issues and some mental issues added. I tried to analyze all those theories again with another mindset and then, I came to a different conclusion:

Someone should give her a Snickers and leave her alone. Perhaps to calm the fuck down.
I've got nothing better to do, so I have registered myself here!

Thomas68
Lilith

Postby Thomas68 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:23 pm

View Original PostAsuka'sBigBrother wrote:-> Goes from being comatose and wanting to die to sacrificing her life to fight off a force threatening to literally force everyone to commit suicide
-> Goes from kicking a dude onto burnt coffee when he asked for help to caressing his face when he tried to kill her
-> She didn't grow

:|

>implying this isn't her ego speaking for herself or some random act by a physically and mentally wounded teenager

Asuka'sBigBrother
Banned

Postby Asuka'sBigBrother » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:51 am

View Original PostThomas68 wrote:>implying this isn't her ego speaking for herself or some random act by a physically and mentally wounded teenager

-> makes a claim
-> doesn't substantiate said claim
-> should consider leaving the "->" thing to me

Anyway, I have an updated interpretation regarding the significance of her fight vs the evas and her coming back which was inspired by Reichu's observations:
thread/19286/Meaning-behind-Asukas-Moms-Mixed-Messages/
Just a big bro looking out for sistah

Mess with this crew, and I'll give you a blister

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby C.T.1290 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:36 pm

View Original PostThomas68 wrote:After reading, thinking and rethinking a lot of theories on Asuka's behavior and speeches, I came to a conclusion myself:

Someone should give her a Snickers. Perhaps to calm the fuck down.

But then, I thought that, maybe, I've been a little too harsh on the poor girl having to deal through the edgy teenage phase that we all have to endure but with mommy/daddy issues and some mental issues added. I tried to analyze all those theories again with another mindset and then, I came to a different conclusion:

Someone should give her a Snickers and leave her alone. Perhaps to calm the fuck down.

I don't think a Snickers would help Asuka very much. I'm afraid her issues are far too deep.

And as for being harsh on her, I get quite a few people telling me that too, so I kinda see where you were coming from from this. Not sure if there's something wrong with me or maybe we were right to judge her. I don't think it was Anno's intention to make Asuka a likable character anyway.

And from my many posts about her, a lot of people have told me that she really isn't this mean(and somewhat heartless/callous) person I have always claimed her to be, but I just usually have a hard time believing all that, and I guess I refused to see the possibility of Asuka becoming a better person especially after EoE, mainly because I thought it wouldn't suit her very well, and would be very uncharacteristic if she starts taking responsibility for her actions and treats people more nicely.

And the worst part is that I already know of her tragic upbringing, yet I'm still not able to have much sympathy for her because of her interactions with people, like with Shinji especially.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

Thomas68
Lilith

Postby Thomas68 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:16 pm

View Original PostAsuka'sBigBrother wrote:-> makes a claim
-> doesn't substantiate said claim
-> should consider leaving the "->" thing to me

Bruh, do you even chanspeak? I think you're the one who should consider.

Anyway, have fun with the 2deep4you edgy character
Last edited by Thomas68 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thomas68
Lilith

Postby Thomas68 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:17 pm

View Original PostC.T.1290 wrote:I don't think a Snickers would help Asuka very much. I'm afraid her issues are far too deep.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

You're welcome

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:20 am

We're done here
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”