Custom Bandai Eva Model Kits (Rebuild Versions)

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

ArvisTaljik
Adam

Custom Bandai Eva Model Kits (Rebuild Versions)

•      
  •      

Postby ArvisTaljik » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:36 pm

Hey y'all. Totally new to this board but been a long-time fan of NGE and the rebuild movies and figured I'd post this up.

I literally just finished putting the finishing touches on a customized version of the Bandai Eva Unit 00 (Rebuild) kit. The only really notable changes are the chest and shoulder pylons, both taken from Unit 01. I thought the pectoral armor and vented pylons looked cooler so I transplanted them onto Unit 00. Now Unit 00 has pecs. ;D

And on to the pics. Sorry for the bright lighting, the sun was strong with this one...

Every visible surface of this model has been painted and all the yellow has been hit with a flat top coat to get rid of the glossiness. Still waiting for waterslide decals to come in the mail, which is why it isn't marked yet.

Now to try and come up with some custom friends and bad guys for this one. :)
Last edited by ArvisTaljik on Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
peace: /piːs/
noun: a condition attained through the decisive employment of superior firepower

ArvisTaljik
Adam

Re: Custom Bandai Eva Unit 00 Model (Rebuild Version)

•      
  •      

Postby ArvisTaljik » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:03 pm

So here's a couple more shots along with some WIP shots of my "Vessel of Adam" custom build using the head of Unit 08. I'm just waiting for my Unit 06 kit to arrive so I can finish the chest and shoulders plus give it a halo and all that jazz. Since there was never a Unit 09 kit, it looks like I'm going to be fabricating a scythe-style weapon using some fodder from a couple MG Gundam kits.

Anyway, I know the eye arrangement isn't correct for the Vessel of Adam but this is really more of a "close enough" build than an exact replica. And yes, I'm sticking to Evangelion 1.0 kits and their proportions because I prefer them over those seen in 2.0 and 3.0.

P.S. Yes I know that they're referred to as the "Mark 06" and "Mark 09" but I prefer the "Unit" designation and so I'm sticking with that. I also took the 's' off the end of 'Adams' because it just sounds weird to me. You can call them whatever you like and yes, I'm aware that I'm wrong and I'm totally okay with that. :)
noun: a condition attained through the decisive employment of superior firepower

ArvisTaljik
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ArvisTaljik » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:19 pm

So I entered my finished model of the "Vessel of Adams" custom I built into my local hobby shop's bi-monthly model building contest (submissions have to be officially licensed kits) and believe it or not, I won.

I'm pretty sure the judges were on crack because they said my model beat out a Perfect Grade Wing Gundam EW that was airbrushed... but anyway. I've posted a link to the Facebook Live video that the shop owner did along with the contest where each entrant gets a chance to talk about their kit before the judges decide. My section where I talk about mine is about 10 minutes into the video.

https://www.facebook.com/GundamFromJapan/videos/1454274527971825/

ArvisTaljik
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ArvisTaljik » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:19 am

And now for a customized Unit 1. The color scheme is Navy Blue, Yellow and Black. It has the narrower shoulders and production-type shoulder pylons of Unit 2 (and because of that it loses the added chest panels) and extended torso proportions and larger back panel (vents above the neck) of the Mark.06.

Yellow striping around the head "loop" is based off Unit 13 and I tried to give it an overall darker feel that I think is more appropriate for Unit 1.

Comments/critiques always welcome. :)

Return to “Fan Works”