Official "Hello/Goodbye" Thread!

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

elcruzado
Embryo

Re: Official "Hello/Goodbye" Thread!

•      
  •      

Postby elcruzado » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:49 am

Hey everyone

I first watched Eva a few years ago and I really appreciate all your work on the wiki and this forum. I've been lurking for 4 years now and I've finally decided to join.

ThatOneEvaPoster
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ThatOneEvaPoster » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:10 am

Yo,

I'm new here,
I really like Eva and was introduced to the forums from some mentions on a podcast that interested me,

Thanks!!

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby imprimatur13 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:13 pm

Hey guys! Glad to have you here!
My first fanfic: Neon Genesis Craig-Insertion
Kyoko's Melons: Currently being completely rewritten, so... if anyone liked it so far, great. I did too. But... not enough. ;)

EvaGeeks Discord server: https://discord.gg/MgA8Ev7

MasterFaster
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby MasterFaster » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:02 am

Hello!
I've been browsing this forum for almost a year now, after watching NGE and finding it the greatest thing since sliced bread. This forum seemed interesting - it introduced me to one of my favorite books to read, which is a massive credit to anyone or anything in my books - so after my last forum went the way of Dr. Katsuragi, I decided to sign up here. I'm not as deep into the fandom as some I see here - the most merchandise I have is a little NERV pin that I suspect wasn't produced by GAINAX/Khara, so the fact that some here have or have analyzed booklets from the movie premieres is an awe-inspiring level of devotion that I'm far too poor to replicate - but I do have the dubious distinction of being in close proximity to the naval yards the Iowa-class battleships were assembled (and scrapped) in. I'm also basically a male Asuka clone, so there's that.
And I'm rambling. I'm good at that as well.
Anyway, hello EvaGeeks Forums!

-MasterFaster
"A room without books is like a body without a soul." -Marcus Tuillius Cicero
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." -Oscar Wilde

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:28 am

Welcome MasterFaster!
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby imprimatur13 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:50 pm

Wilkommen! Guten Morgen! Would you like some Baumkuechen?

All seriousness, hope you enjoy your time here! I've only been part of the fandom a few months, and it's a great place to be.
Kyoko's Melons: Currently being completely rewritten, so... if anyone liked it so far, great. I did too. But... not enough. ;)

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:21 pm

It was to be expected but I get bored pretty easily without this site to back me up and I love talking to all of you so guess my whole "goodbye forever" act only held out so long. :tongue: You want some good advice, don't listen to me when I say I want to leave this forum and just treat it like a temporary thing. Anyway, I am back and I am here to stay no matter what!!! HALLELUJAH! ^_^
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

MasterFaster
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby MasterFaster » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:18 pm

View Original Postimprimatur13 wrote:Wilkommen! Guten Morgen! Would you like some Baumkuechen?

All seriousness, hope you enjoy your time here! I've only been part of the fandom a few months, and it's a great place to be.

Hallo! Ich nicht spreche Deutch gut. Baumkuchen? Ist das Shinji und Asuka im der Evangelion im "Asuka Strikes"?

...My German is atrocious.

Ignoring my stereotypical American blatant disregard for anything not American, I have a question. Are there any places on this forums y'all'd recommend as a good entry place into conversation? This forum is much larger than my old one, so it's a bit hard to read the social currents as an outsider.
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." -Oscar Wilde

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:10 pm

Welcome, MasterFaster! Hope you enjoy your stay with us. Things are rather slow right now, so probably the best way to get a feeling for whatever social currents do exist is to make liberal use of the "New posts" and "Unread posts" options in the navigation bar.

View Original PostMasterFaster wrote:it introduced me to one of my favorite books to read

Which book, out of curiosity?

so after my last forum went the way of Dr. Katsuragi

Dr. Katsuragi is still alive in my heart. :crybaby:
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby imprimatur13 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:15 pm

View Original PostMasterFaster wrote:Hallo! Ich nicht spreche Deutch gut. Baumkuchen? Ist das Shinji und Asuka im der Evangelion im "Asuka Strikes"?

...My German is atrocious.

Better than mine :). And yes, it is from Eva.
Ignoring my stereotypical American blatant disregard for anything not American, I have a question. Are there any places on this forums y'all'd recommend as a good entry place into conversation? This forum is much larger than my old one, so it's a bit hard to read the social currents as an outsider.

As Reichu says, "New Posts" is a good way to do it. Then, you just do what I did (I have actually done all of these things, more than once): Insert yourself into conversations that have nothing to do with you, and that are about topics you know nothing about. Just make sure to be REALLY polite and friendly when you do it, and things should go well. ^_^

And if you see an interesting topic, it doesn't matter if the most recent post is from the last millennium. Just say:
*Necromancy*
[insert vaguely relevant/interesting comment here]

And everything'll be fine. :tongue:

Again, as long as you're polite, friendly, and respectful, most folks here will be happy to have you, and should treat you real well. :asuka_thumbsup:
(And if they don't, well, that's their problem.)

(By the way, I don't have ANY merchandise. Don't even own a copy of the DVDs... :sniffle: You're in good company.)

MasterFaster
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby MasterFaster » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:56 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Which book, out of curiosity?

Dr. Katsuragi is still alive in my heart. :crybaby:

Thank you for the advice!

The Tree of Souls: The Mythology of Judaism by Howard Schwartz. I've by no means finished it - that thing is less a book and more a weapon sometimes - but I'm pretty sure that I'm the only one who reads it at my library. The librarians who fetch it don't recognize it, at least, so it probably isn't that popular. Don't recall who mentioned it here though; just that it was one of the threads that reached real deeply into that kinda stuff.
(I will admit I'm really glad someone picked up on that; I wanted an excuse to talk about a book. It's a bit lonely, being the only person you know who knows anything about Judeo-Christian mythology and history. And I go to a Catholic school, for crying out loud!)
:bigeyes: Ahem.

imprimatur13 wrote:Better than mine :). And yes, it is from Eva.

As Reichu says, "New Posts" is a good way to do it. Then, you just do what I did (I have actually done all of these things, more than once): Insert yourself into conversations that have nothing to do with you, and that are about topics you know nothing about. Just make sure to be REALLY polite and friendly when you do it, and things should go well. ^_^

And if you see an interesting topic, it doesn't matter if the most recent post is from the last millennium. Just say:

And everything'll be fine. :tongue:

Again, as long as you're polite, friendly, and respectful, most folks here will be happy to have you, and should treat you real well. :asuka_thumbsup:
(And if they don't, well, that's their problem.)

(By the way, I don't have ANY merchandise. Don't even own a copy of the DVDs... :sniffle: You're in good company.)

I put what I wrote into GTranslate after I posted, and you wouldn't believe the relief I felt when it actually made sense. I was dancing. Dancing!

Thanks for the advice!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:28 am

Tree of Souls? Must have been me in this thread!

thread/18548/An-Ark-a-Tree-and-a-Big-Red-Room-Eva-Cosmology/
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby imprimatur13 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:23 am

Most welcome!
It's nice to have you!

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:don't listen to me when I say I want to leave this forum and just treat it like a temporary thing. Anyway, I am back and I am here to stay no matter what!!! HALLELUJAH! ^_^

Nice to have you, Miyazaki-sensei.
Last edited by imprimatur13 on Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:00 am

There's so much cross pollination between Judaism and Christianity -- especially in terms of the shared texts (Old Testament) and overlapping mysticism and apocrypha -- that I find the term "Judeo-Christian" incredibly useful to refer to the areas of overlap. In my experience, most people don't even bother acknowledging the "Judeo-" part: everything is "Christian" or, less often, "Biblical". ("Biblical" may not be technically wrong, but it always struck me as a very loaded term, given its overwhelmingly Christian associations.)

Christian Kabbalism exists, by the way. :wink:
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby imprimatur13 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:15 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:Christian Kabbalism exists, by the way. :wink:

I see... Hopelessly uninformed about that, I s'pose. bows head in ignorance

Mainblag
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Mainblag » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:53 pm

Hi guys. Decided to join this forum last month -- decided it's about time, what with being an Eva fan for a whole year now without even wavering once -- but only remembered that I had this account today! Heh. Funny how time works.

So...how about some things to know about me, I guess!

I love art and writing, and monster and mecha content. I wrote a high school AP Lit final paper comparing myself to Shinji, as I relate to his primary problem of running away from his problems (although that led to the teacher calling me Shinji, much to my embarrassment). I've just started college to study visual effects, so that may be a time-drain for me. However, I believe I'll be able to make enough time for all the Eva I need in my life. Not to mention, I'm working on a crossover fiction between Eva and Godzilla...which I hope I'll be able to put up online before Thanksgiving this year. (Can I just say how fun it is to mess with canon, what with the two canons of NGE and RoE to play with?)

Anyways, I'm happy to be here!
Evangelion and Godzilla fan. Artist, Student, Writer.
Sachi's younger doppelganger.

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby imprimatur13 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:59 pm

Nice to have you! Have fun!

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:33 am

Logged on to make sure my account doesn't get deleted..and then I noticed the NemZ news. I didn't have a lot of interactions with him but still still feel horrible because he seemed like a good guy. May be rest in peace, taken way too soon
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Sgt. Griff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Sgt. Griff » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:37 am

Hi everybody, thought about this forum out of the blue at uni yesterday. Figured might as well stop by for a while. Dunno how long I'll be here to be honest, but them's the breaks. Hope everyone's doing all right. ^_^
Leave Shinji alone

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:53 am

Good to have you back. Hope you can contribute more the conversation in the future.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”