Shin Eva - Official Social Media

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:00 am

So, like, how big is that model for real?

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:02 am

My guess is 20-25 centimeters. I think it's 3D printed so not much bigger or smaller than that.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:03 am

The closeness of the teaser being attached to Mirai & the Wonderfest Event makes me believe Khara had the (foolish) hope & confidence that it would have been only available to paying theatergoing customers until they would have premiered it to the world online on the 29th.

Great teaser! I wonder if they have anything else big planned for Wonderfest or if the camrip leaking stole their thunder. Probably too early for a full title announcement or anything truly significant since they would have included it on the teaser.

At the very least maybe someone involved with the project will give a release annoucement akin to what HBO just did when asked about the airdate of the final Game of Thrones season - "We're releasing it in 2019.... first half." I.E. We're thinking of releasing the Eva movie in the last quarter of 2020.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:14 pm

We're thinking of releasing the Eva movie in the last quarter of 2020.

Nice horror story.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

The Cruel
Banned

Postby The Cruel » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:06 pm

When we've struggled through the years to wait so long for only one Film, then waiting till end of 2020 isn't any different.

The wait would be harder when there would be more films ahead, thinking to everyone who wait since 1.0 or even since EoE, when nobody thought that Rebuild 'll be made.

I'm proud for being soo patient, that I don't fell surprised at all, when I had this thought all along, regarding how I followed this since getting into Eva.

And I'll call myself even more proud when I don't make the same mistake with FINAL as everyone made years ago with 25,26 and EoE, thanks to 3.0 making a pseudo happy and bad ending non-existent, leaving no room for anything else than a similar yet different ending for Eva, that has it's cost, regardless of any loss.

I thought back about my latest post here and I admit my overreaction, It took me of guard to see and know a teaser and release period for real, when I thought that July 29th 'll be the day to be afraid of.

I don't need to repeat and clarify my view point of 3.0s events any further. All of the characters actions and mistakes can't be played down and ignored and they do affect anything what 'll happen in FINAL.

Are we clear without complaining and being right?  SPOILER: Show
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:32 am

When we've struggled through the years to wait so long for only one Film, then waiting till end of 2020 isn't any different.

It actually would make quite the difference for me.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:32 am

View Original PostThe Cruel wrote:All of the characters actions and mistakes can't be played down and ignored and they do affect anything what 'll happen in FINAL.

Do you suppose anyone doubts that?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:13 am

Exactly. ^

I naturally assumed the bulk of Shin Eva—emotionally speaking—will be about Shinji's maturation regarding past mistakes. Now, if Shin Eva were to go full on tragedy, then of course Shinji wouldn't learn anything/fall deeper into despair. IMO, that angle would be missing the point entirely.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:14 pm

Remember, both previous Anno written Eva endings we've had were at least partly "upbeat".

Shun
Lilith

Postby Shun » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:46 am

Hello everyone! This is my first message!

In my opinion Evangelion: 3.0 + 1.0 will not be "negative" as End of Eva.
Anno has already said to the otaku, to the hikikomori and to all the people who are fleeing from the difficulties, that the world is not easy and it's necessary to learn to face it, little by little (like Misato tells Shinji in episode 15 and in EoE) .

The metaphor, this time, I think it will be linked to the repetition of events. There are two important issues that could be highlighted:
1) before making a choice there are various potential possibilities (as for the Schroedingers cat ---> in rebuild not and (not)), but after choosing the field is narrow (for example if I choose to go to the swimmingpool I cannot go to play soccer at the same time, if I go to a scientific school I cannot go to a psychology school at the same time), so there is always a loss every time one chooses something (and Anno also said it in episode 26 tv, when Shinji passes from the world of freedom to the world with lines);
2) after making a choice often (but not always) you cannot go back to redo from the beginning, but you have to make changes starting from the situation in which you are.

Shinji will attempt suicide? Shinji will hate everyone (Misato, Ritsuko, Asuka etc.)? Everyone will dies? I doubt it.
In 1995 Anno was an otaku, he was depressed and put all of himself into Evangelion. In 2002 Anno married Moyoco, in 2006 he founded the Khara, in 2015 there was the Animator Expo, in 2016 came out Shin Gojira, now although Anno is still an otaku I don't think he intends to destroy the Evangelion's characters and with them otaku fans. Rather, I think that Evangelion: 3.0 + 1.0 will revolve around Shinji (obviously) and how to learn to manage points 1-2 above. Yes, Anno was depressed during and after Eva:3.0, but he don't wrote Final in these period, he took hiatus, and in 2017 he return to work at Rebuild. Just as Anno has learned (more or less) to live in the real world, being able to make choices and learning to accept that often we can not go back, but rather that we must learn to appreciate what we have, even Shinji will have to do this step. In my opinion Rebuild has this purpose.

The statement about Rebuild of Evangelion, this interview and having write that in Evangelion: 3.0 + 1.0 will talk about the essence of a person, make me think that the content and the end of Rebuild will be optimistic. Not without difficulty, be clear, but there will not be the destructive nihilism of EoE. As someone wrote, I think Final will be a middle way between the final "blue sky" of NGE and the final "red sea" of EoE.

“Thanks to my wife and friends, I was able to remain in this world [...] I would like to once again express my gratitude to all the supportive people in my life, as well as to the fans who’ve supported my works and all the people who’ve watched them. It is because of you that I’m able to make anime and movies. Thank you. (Hideaki Anno)”

If this message is OT, bad me. Sorry!
What is essential is invisible to the eye.
My articles about Evangelion
My Evangelion website

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:44 am

Even EoE I consider positive, so I doubt it'll be different with Shin.

Shun
Lilith

Postby Shun » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:57 am

EoE is positive in content, in the message that Anno wants to communicate us. Shinji rejects the Instrumentality and decides to return in the real world in order to meet other people. Although EoE and the ep.26 tv reach similar conclusions, it's evident that they have different atmospheres.
Masturbation, strangulation, the fury of the Eva Series against Asuka and Eva-02 and some other scenes are very intense and cruel. I had put "negative" in quotes to not misunderstand, for me EoE it's very good, it's a great movie, what I mean is that EoE has a very distressing atmosphere and probably depends by the zeitgeist, by the Anno's status and by the will to break the fourth wall to give a message to the otakus in a very strong way . Rebuilds doesn't seem to have such a strong communicative urgency, as says the same Anno. But it's good. I just think the atmosphere in Shin Eva could be less dramatic than EoE, because the zeitgeist is different, because the Anno's life is different, because the will behind the films is different. It also depends on the type of Instrumentality that Anno wants show us. Is necessary to kill everyone to arrive in a metaphysical dimension (like the LCL's sea in EoE) or this time will be different?
Shin Eva can will be a great movie, the important thing is the message and the effectiveness with which it's represented.
My Evangelion website

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:29 pm

Eva-info is posting some photos of the Eva booth:
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:10 am

what I mean is that EoE has a very distressing atmosphere

I definitely agree!

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Sicarius VI » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:55 pm

View Original PostShun wrote: I just think the atmosphere in Shin Eva could be less dramatic than EoE, because the zeitgeist is different, because the Anno's life is different, because the will behind the films is different. It also depends on the type of Instrumentality that Anno wants show us. Is necessary to kill everyone to arrive in a metaphysical dimension (like the LCL's sea in EoE) or this time will be different?
Shin Eva can will be a great movie, the important thing is the message and the effectiveness with which it's represented.

This is the belief I've held in for the rebuilds, I agree that shin won't be nearly as "negative". Like as you two were saying EoE is positive, but you reach that conclusion through a whole movie of very negative and depressing events that take place. Only in the end, and for many after a rewatch or two do you get the true message that EoE is giving to it's viewer. I feel like this time around Anno is going to be a lot less cryptic with how the ending of Shin is delievered, at the very least I don't see a good chunk of the movie being taken into Shinji's head.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:06 pm

I actually do expect some sort of cryptic conclusion, Anno seems to never leave things tied up, some sort of continuation is always implied after the film. Just like life goes on.

Shun
Lilith

Postby Shun » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:38 pm

View Original PostSicarius VI wrote:I feel like this time around Anno is going to be a lot less cryptic with how the ending of Shin is delievered,

I agree.

For now the Rebuild is not distressing as NGE and EoE.
It's true that Eva: 3.0 is claustrophobic, disoriented for Shinji and for us and has painful moments (14 years have passed, Shinji is rejected and isolated, Kaworu dies, etc), but there are also funny scenes (for example the jokes between the Wunder's pilots, Mari chooses the tea on the Eva, etc.). After the truth about Rei (ep.23), the end of Asuka (ep.24) and the death of Kaworu (ep.24), EoE begins with Shinji totally desperate, alienated, without will. In Eva: 3.0 Shinji knows Rei's secret, Kaworu dies and Shinji is depressed, however, when Asuka pulls Shinji's cheek and takes him away is even funny compared to the distressing atmosphere of EoE.
In Shin Eva there will be difficulties, there will be distress, but I think that the atmosphere will be less gloomy, less distressed, compared with EoE, even if in final film Shinji could be at the center of the Instrumentality and he will have to choose whether to accept or reject it. I hope in Shin Eva there will be inner torment, but right now I doubt we will return to the abyss of NGE/EoE, because, As I sayd in previous comment, Anno's life is different and Rebuild is different compared EoE. But if Shin Eva will be dark it would not be a problem.

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:I actually do expect some sort of cryptic conclusion, Anno seems to never leave things tied up, some sort of continuation is always implied after the film. Just like life goes on.

Probably something cryptic will be there, specially at the narrative level (at the level of construction of the scenario) Anno can have a lot of fun, inventing something to extend Eva-universe.
As Anno has sayd in 2016: for the future, he wishes Evangelion will become a cultural icon, one of the cornerstones of anime, much like Gundam, which has become an institution in and of itself. Like Gundam, where many creators can play around with the elements and create their own worlds, it is Anno’s hope that Evangelion can also be set free, to be reconstructed and reinterpreted in many ways by many other artists.
For example the ritual, the metaphysical dimension of the Instrumentality, the mechanism of repetition of events (parallel universes, temporal loops, quantum overlaps, etc.), are all elements that Anno can invent in an appropriate way to expand the Evangelion's world, but I think that the message will be enough clear in line with the simplicity of Rebuild compared to NGE and EoE. The Anno's Eva will end, but maybe others will have fun making other stories about Evangelion.
We'll see, at least we know Shin Eva comes out! it's already something. :wink:
My Evangelion website

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:44 am

"Now! ! ! ! I saw a terribly good one! ! ! But I can not say that yet! ! ! ! It's exciting! ! ! !"

More teasing, maybe Anno's lantern.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:48 am

Anno's Eva will end, but maybe others will have fun making other stories about Evangelion.

I certainly hope so!

The Cruel
Banned

Postby The Cruel » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:57 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Exactly. ^

I naturally assumed the bulk of Shin Eva—emotionally speaking—will be about Shinji's maturation regarding past mistakes. Now, if Shin Eva were to go full on tragedy, then of course Shinji wouldn't learn anything/fall deeper into despair. IMO, that angle would be missing the point entirely.

Franz Kafka once said:

"One of the first signs of the beginning of understanding is the wish to die."

Until Shinji realises the whole point, he‘s going to have a death wish. But even if so, his fate is only up to Asuka, Kats and WILLE now. And Gendo still has influence over them for his desired scenario.
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”