Gainaxing...its a guy thing

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:07 pm

Quiddity wrote:
Sailor Star Dust wrote:...Though am I the only one who thinks it's slightly creepy that Asuka is rather busty despite being only 14? Then again, I guess that's anime for you, when female characters DO have regular breast sizes; they're considered flat! ^_^; (ie: Lina Inverse, Usagi/Sailormoon)

Well it depends on the scene. When she's in her plugsuit, they shrink tremendously @_@

I've come to the conclusion that Asuka's plugsuit is just extra tight where those "breast covers" are, and once they're free they bounce out and look big. Rei's suit has no "breast covers" which is why she seems to have bigger breasts than Asuka sometimes when she's in her plugsuit.

Gah, how we can talk about teenagers' breasts so casually disturbs me... :oops:

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:17 am

I'm pretty sure Rei's breasts are just plain bigger. At least, that is how it is supposed to go.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:27 am

Rei's plug suit doesn't have breast holsters. When they're not wearing plug suits, Asuka's look about the same size, and sometimes bigger than Rei's.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:14 am

Pics plz.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:32 am

You've seen the Anime and EoE, yes? Then you should know that Asuka and Rei's breasts are not always the same size. Particularly when it comes to thier plugsuits. :p

Examples:

Plugsuits:

Image Image

No plugsuits:

Image Image

Perhaps we can speculate that Asuka's plugsuit holds her breasts down to make them flatter, and Rei's is padded up? :P

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:42 am

Timstuff wrote:Image

That's not variable breast size there so much as the animator not drawing to proper perspective. I'm sure if she were just facing forward in the image, then her breasts would be consderable... but, let us not forget that in the movie they shrunk EVA-02's pylons...

felineki
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby felineki » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:51 am

cat42 wrote:let us not forget that in the movie they shrunk EVA-02's pylons...
Not just her pylons, her whole shoulder girdle and ribcage, too. And they fuglied up her helmet.

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:17 am

cat42 wrote:
Timstuff wrote:Image

That's not variable breast size there so much as the animator not drawing to proper perspective. I'm sure if she were just facing forward in the image, then her breasts would be consderable... but, let us not forget that in the movie they shrunk EVA-02's pylons...

Well, there were some more "direct" caps of that area that show she just plain was being drawn flat-chested, but I thought them a bit rude for posting (and imageshack would probably take them down, anyway).

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”