"khara" vs "Khara"

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

"khara" vs "Khara"

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:07 am

Has there ever been a discussion regarding the use of the term "khara"?

I've had conversations with khara's English-language consultant, Dan Kanemitsu, in the past, and he has insisted that capitalizing "Khara" is incorrect, and the correct usage is in fact "khara". The wiki, Wikipedia, pretty much everybody, seems to always use "Khara", as that's the conventions of western languages, however Studio khara themselves seem to be pretty consistent in rendering it as "khara".

Shouldn't we be using "khara"? It's counter to conventions, however if it's a trademarked name...

For example, it's not "Youtube", it's "YouTube". It's not "Playstation", it's "PlayStation".

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: "khara" vs "Khara"

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:15 am

I've been using lowercase this whole time, I think, and I fix it on the wiki when I see it, but I haven't made much progress in terms of the edits that need to be done.

I'm not sure there's really anyone regularly working on the wiki anymore with whom a conversation would be had. Standards could be updated, I suppose, but does anyone even read them when there IS any activity?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Re: "khara" vs "Khara"

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:21 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:I fix it on the wiki when I see it

I didn't check multiple articles, but given the main article for khara has all instances capitalized, I figured it was a pretty good indication that "Khara" was standard usage on the wiki. I figure, if you're going to get it right somewhere, it ought to be on the main article. I would have made the corrections just now, however given I've never been an active contributor, I wanted to check and see I hadn't missed out on a discussion of formatting.

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”