[Quicky] Attack on Apostolo: a Reichu Treatment

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

[Quicky] Attack on Apostolo: a Reichu Treatment

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:10 pm

This is something my brain vomited up over on the Evangelion subreddit. Cross-posting it in the event that some of you might find it amusing. I mean... you never know, right?

Okay, everyone remember that Attack on Titan-esque Eva movie that Anno had started planning, but never got made? Well, supposing it did get created in some form (not necessarily as a movie; a short manga would be perfectly awesome), what would it actually be like? Would it be an actual follow-up to EoE, as its originally planned release date sort of implies? Would it be something completely different? I dunno, how about both? We'll probably never see a more detailed version of Anno's treatment, so... whatever, I wrote up my own, just for the funzies.

Imagine. It’s the distant future on Earth. Humanity is inexplicably still around, having recovered from Third Impact and done quite well for themselves for a while. But then, one day, a couple of beings arrive from space. We’ll call them, I dunno… Cain and Avan. Giant humanoids with polymorphic and psychokinetic ability.

They are immediately hostile toward humanity. The two begin to raze civilization at a leisurely pace, devouring the Lilin as they go. And to make matters even worse, they procreate. Avan generates eggs that hatch into grotesque shape-shifting giants who, like their parents, are possessed of a ravenous hunger for man-flesh (despite having no physiological need for food). Post-Third Impact humanity has only one word for such creatures: “Apostolos” (a merging of “Angel” and “shito” after centuries of playing telephone).

Early attempts to combat the menace focus on the source of the eggs. It takes everything humanity has to successfully separate the progenitor-lovers and destroy Avan. Every priority is made to salvage the ovaries, if nothing else, from her corpse. The only hope humanity has of fighting Avan’s spawn is by creating their own version -- you know the drill.

As Cain and the Apostolos strike back with a vengeance, Avan’s organs are rushed to the most fortified location on the planet. Work commences on generating clones of Avan which can be harnessed to fight her mate and offspring, along with providing general protection to human settlements via that mystical forcefield. The results of this work are called Evangelions, after humanity’s legendary guardian-gods. Due to the state of human technology at this time, crude mechanical modifications to the Evas are not made, and, instead, organic technology that blends seamlessly with the Evas’ bodies is used to achieve restraint and control. (Naked Evas? Yes, please!) For this reason, and on account of certain unique properties of Avan’s reproductive anatomy, the uterus provides an ideal human-Eva interfacing environment. The danger being, of course, that humans don’t yet understand Avan’s physiology completely enough to guarantee that nothing terrible will ever happen to the “pilots”.

The Apostolos begin to reproduce amongst themselves. Before long, humanity is beaten back completely to the fortress settlement, protected by the ATFs of the first Evangelions, which are sessile beings that exist solely to shield the city. By the time the story begins, Evangelions have been successfully created for combat purposes, and it’s time to kick some Apostolo butt.

In terms of actual non-backstory details, I haven't come up with much. I think it would be interesting to have the main character be a girl, in tribute to how Shinji was at one point planned to be one, plus it would be boring to have the main pilot be a boy again. In the tradition of recycling scraps from the cutting room floor, her first name should be “Olympia”, after the eponymous heroine of a shelved Gainax project that Anno would have directed. (Anyone have the scan that’s being referenced in that thread, BTW? I do not appear to… :sniffle: ) Olympia’s namesake was trying to avenge her father through the use of alien technology. I guess this concept might have been recycled for Misato, but, in a world where everyone is being eaten by giant monsters, vengeance is still a pretty solid motivation for any survivor to have. But it doesn't need to be "father" specifically. Perhaps a brother figure of some sort -- not a blood relative, but a boy with whom Olympia survived for some number of years after they both lost their families to the Apostolos. (With exception of Olympia's mother, who was away from her family doing mysterious things when the attack happened, and was helpless to so much as even confirm whether there were any survivors.) Of course, the boy needs to die tragically and gruesomely, perhaps as a self-sacrifice, and Oly is the only one to make it to the fortress city alive.

Due to my lack of material here, we're going to skip ahead a bit.

Cain, the “Apostolo King”, acts as a final boss of sorts. Dealing with him at last answers (sort of) many of humanity’s lingering questions, like “who the hell are you and your dead girlfriend?”, “why did you come here?”, and “why are your kids so intent on eating us all?”. As his name implies, he turns out to be a son of Eva (as in, Eva-01), and Avan was his sister. (Gross; hot; both? You decide!) Yui had attempted to create a paradise and birth a beautiful new human race in her own image -- but if things went perfectly well then it wouldn’t still be “humanity”, would it? Alas, no! Something went very amiss.

Now, I’m not quite sure what this might be, but for all intents and purposes I’ll assume it started as a bad reaction to learning about their mother’s distant past and magnified into some sort of existential despair, an omni-destructive emotional loop, that could not be properly resolved by just sitting around pretending to be perfect beings in a perfect world. Perhaps at this point, the two of them already knew that the answer lay in seeking out the world that their mother had come from, but if Yui knew that’s what they intended she would never have let them leave. So Cain created a smokescreen by killing one of his brothers, with Avan as accomplice. They were then either exiled, or preempted that by storming out of their own accord. ("YOU CAN'T KICK US OUT, MOM! WE QUIT!")

Then, eventually confronted with the underwhelming truth of their own origins, their first thought is to destroy it all. But not wastefully. EAT IT. Harvest the souls, the tasty way... Make them into something new and better, just as their mother had done. The Lilin were not truly beyond hope -- after all, Cain and Avan's own souls had originally belonged to this band of pitiful Lilliputian beasts.

Back in the actual story: Cain does eventually go down, but not without making sure that Olympia -- the Eva pilot responsible for his defeat -- gets to succumb to the risk of absorption everyone always knew existed. Exactly how he does this… Well, if it were up to me, it would probably involve Cain having coercive sex with the Eva before dying (because I’m surprisingly OK with such awful things when they become sufficiently grotesque and absurd). His… er… god-goo stimulates the Eva’s reproductive system, and Olympia fuses together with the divine spunk to become an embryo. The Apostolos, naturally, ensure that the humans don’t intervene ― they want their new sibling to be born.

Olympia is reborn as a fully liberated Eva. With her new, enhanced senses, she realizes that her "brother", whom she had thought killed by the Apostolos, still exists as one of them. Since this wouldn't be Eva without a weird incestuous climax, the two of them celebrate their reunion with all carnal haste, joining flesh to flesh. Hot, animalistic Eva/Apostolo sex. Somehow or other, Olympia's sexual awakening as a daughter of both Man and God results in a glorious Impact. She along with all the (other) extant Evas are tapped for this, and the souls of the remaining Lilin are gathered, to be transformed into something new and exciting.

Last but not least: if, in the extremely unlikely circumstances that anyone actually wants to create a more developed fan-work from this treatment, I don’t mind (I’ve got way too much to write as it is), so long as I’m appropriately blamed somewhere.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Cybermat47
Clockiel
Clockiel

Re: [Quicky] Attack on Apostolo: a Reichu Treatment

•      
  •      

Postby Cybermat47 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:00 pm

That's insane and disgusting.

In other words, it's perfect for Evangelion.

If Shinji and Asuka's souls were watching it, I can already imagine what they'd be saying...

"The womb?! What are you, stupid?!"

"I want to run away."
Reichu wrote:It’s all weird and phallic.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: [Quicky] Attack on Apostolo: a Reichu Treatment

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:25 pm

Thank you... I think? :nyao:

Amazingly, I didn't contribute the uterus part. Anno did that on his own. :emogendo:
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Fanfiction”